It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baghdadi Victory Lap Is Nothing But ‘Propaganda’

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

He didn't. That was a lie

that is not true
it is simply your opinion and no more

or are you suggesting potus would not have access to real time body cams?

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: silo13

this is what i really dont get about the dems its like they want the 1950s policy back of russia is completely evil and like behind every thing wrong in the world or something ,like god forbid we give another nation a heads up before doing a covert opp around where they have troops stationed so we don't have any incidents . the ones that actually helped us were iraqi intelligence apparently

and people freaking out that russia is "winning in syria" do they just not realize the Russians have had a base at tartarus since the frigging 70s? they have backed Assad to keep their only warm water port open its basically their pearl harbor(but waaaaaaaaaaaaay smaller) so they weren't going any where no matter what trump did unless the dems want us attacking them there to get rid of assad?

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Probably also has to do with delivering another gut punch to Hillary, as she made it part of her campaign to get that guy and now Trump has done it.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Awwww, you are so cute with you feigned outrage.

The US informed Russia and Russia cleared an air corridor so there were no "mistakes" between US and Russian/Syrian Forces.

I suppose we shouldn't have done that either, right?

All these people complaining about the mission are the same people who considered ISIS JV, as they created a large country out of Iraq and Syria.

Sorry for not believing or trusting you after than boner analysis.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: annoyedpharmacist
I am so sick of this sh*t.....

cant we just be relieved that this terrorist monster is dead and no longer able to hurt anyone again, instead of bickering over nonsense??????

Have you read any of what Trump has to say?

It's pretty disgusting, really.

I was glad there were no kids in the room when Trump was on TV talking about how "he died like a dog".

That's probably because they are at the library with Drag queens or getting hormone replacement.

Anywhooo.... Dieing like a dog is a pretty bad term for Arabic/Islamic types as they consider dogs unclean. I'm surprised Trump didn't take his shoe off and beat a pic of Al-Baghdadi or said he squealed like a pig.

........ Sorry we uspet ISIS supporters with that terminology. Don't want to offend ISIS now, do we?
edit on 28-10-2019 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I will catalogue this story with the Bin Laden story.

However, the leftist cognitive dissonance is sketchy at best. Purely see through TDS at worst.

This is definitely one of those stories that might be "Hope and Change" to quote the mighty Hussain Obama.

Just like the old days when we were ALL skeptical about the Bin Laden story.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Sorry if you were confused by all of that. Let me try again by first stating that a terrorist leader has been removed from the scene. Good. But will there not be another to rise and take his place? Will those who suffer what ever it is they are suffering from not now hold him as a martyr to the cause and add fuel to their hatred? So yeah, good, but not all that good. That is unless we stretch it into being really really good. So that gets us to the how it was covered.

Yes, I don't like the overly hyped sentimentalization of it. The visceral thrill of ''getting the bad guy'' that is being promoted with it. To me this over simplifies the situation and appeases those who would settle for the joy of the immediate ''kill'' while pushing the reality that this was just one more leader down while the situation of how he and others arose in the first place takes a back burner. It's an over simplification of the cause and solution that is being fed to the US masses and that is what I take exception to.

Am I upset because potus announced it? No, he should have. He should have announced it by tweet or a press conference via his press secretary or something in that order. But what he did was stand before the cameras and call it as a Trump victory because he told them to do it. Good Bosh, they were to do it anyway and he rubber stamped it.

Yes, he turned it into him. He got him. That was just a ludicrous as when Obama took credit for Bin Laden, who at one point as shown earlier in the thread was called by Trump for Obama taking credit. So what does Trump do? He turns around and takes credit for this one..

''And now for todays scores. Obama 1 and Trump 1. Play ball.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

www.youtube.com...
any better then hillary clinton gloating and smiling over gadaffi being shot down like a dog by his own people after he begged for his life? least trump didn't stream the suicide bombing death like what ended up happening to gadaffi

a terrorist who lead to peoples heads getting sawn off and live streamed,a pilot being burned alive in a cage like an animal and the leader of an organization that lead to so many rapes of innocent women ,children being orphaned and historical sites of great importance erased from the earth is dead but oh wait trump said mean insensitive things so orange man bad am i right? only regret i have is he wasn't gut shot and left to linger for days so he could experience even 1% of the pain he inflicted on countless victims

en.wikipedia.org...

Since June 2014, when ISIL proclaimed itself to be the Islamic State, according to a running count kept by CNN,[citation needed] it has "conducted or inspired" over 70 terrorist attacks in 20 countries, not including Syria and Iraq
from 2013 to 2019 they killed and wounded more then allllllll of the mass shootings in usa during those times but i guess willy nilly suicide bombings and attacks on mostly unarmed civilians will do that

Two suicide bombing attacks killed 55 and wounded 288 in Baghdad, Tikrit and Kirkuk
thats basically the vegas shooting toll in one incident

en.wikipedia.org... then this

nypost.com... and this so yeah if trump makes an occasional crasss statement about those animals you can file it in the section of we don't care because they did stuff like this www.nbcnews.com...

It also documented human rights abuses, saying some 3,500 people are believed to be held as captives, mostly women and children from the Yazidi religious minority who have been forced into sexual slavery.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam
a reply to: Sookiechacha

a reply to: loam

Yeah, sure, I can see it. A suicide vest is the first thing I'd put on as I was fleeing for my life with 3 of my children in the middle of the night.

Hey genius, maybe the tunnel is where those things were stored.

Maybe. Maybe he thought he could take out his attackers. Too bad for him, that he was too stupid to wait long enough to let them catch up to him, so he could detonate it when they got closer.

I am betting this vest had a dead mans switch. This guy was evil - plain and simple. I am sure he WANTED to take out his attackers, but if it had a dead mans switch, the Americans took away the right for him to make his final decision of WHEN to blow himself and his kids to allah. Good for the American Military, bad for the dead man and his supporters like you. You, and others like you (terrorist apologists) are a large part of what is wrong with our world today!

Dorian Soran.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 12:55 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 02:06 PM
link   
www.reuters.com...

WASHINGTON/MOSCOW (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump said on Monday he may declassify and release part of the video taken on Saturday of the raid in Syria in which Islamic State leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi was killed. The video is believed to include aerial footage and possibly footage from cameras mounted on the soldiers who stormed Baghdadi’s compound. “We’re thinking about it. We may,” Trump told reporters before flying to Chicago. “We may take certain parts of it and release it.” Trump said on Sunday that Baghdadi had died “whimpering and crying” in a raid by U.S. special forces in Syria, fulfilling his top national security goal.
so i guess there is video that may or may not get released al though id assume it would end up being pretty graphic if it does get out

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 02:15 PM
link   
www.thedrive.com... this one has photos of the alleged place before and after

It is possible that the raid on Baghdadi's compound might be at least partially related to a previously reported operation aimed at tracking the movement of ISIS members throughout the region, as well as elsewhere around the world, known as Operation Gallant Phoenix. , as well. An interagency task force including the CIA, the National Security Agency, the Federal Bureau of Investigation, and U.S. military's secretive Joint Special Operations Command (JSOC) were reportedly in charge of this effort, which focused heavily on intelligence fusion, from a main base of operations in Jordan. During the approximately two hours they were on the ground at the site during the Baghdadi raid, special operators reportedly recovered additional information that could be useful in locating and killing or capturing other major ISIS figures. In addition, Iraqi and Turkish officials have said that their governments were both involved to some degree in the lead up to the operation. Sources in Iraq told Reuters that some of the information that led to the raid came from the arrest of two individuals from Baghdadi's "inner circle" and documents recovered during that operation.
so seems they had sources that helped confirm he was at the compound and edit to add the kurds helped out in locating him

The U.S.-supported, predominantly Kurdish-backed Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) said that they also provided important intelligence related to Baghdadi ahead of the operation. A spokesman for the Kurdish People's Protection Units, or YPG, which has provided the bulk of the manpower for the SDF, said in March that the group believed that the ISIS leader had made his way into Idlib.
so score one for that alliance that is apparently still a thing
edit on 28-10-2019 by RalagaNarHallas because: (no reason given)

edit again to add the imbedded video at the link near the bottom has a surprising amount of gore of one of the dead isis fighters so beforewarned they arent kidding that the video contains bad mugumbo
edit on 28-10-2019 by RalagaNarHallas because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 02:35 PM
link   
www.wsj.com... and another one down apparently we lit up their spokesman a little bit ago

U.S. forces targeted and killed Islamic State’s spokesman in a strike in northeast Syria, a senior State Department official confirmed, an operation that closely followed the raid in which the militant group’s leader died.
they described this guy as the number two so now i guess its continuing wack a mole lets hope we get the trifecta in the next few days
www.nytimes.com...

Abu Hassan al-Muhajir, spokesman of the Islamic State, is believed to have been killed a day after the American raid that left the group’s leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi dead.

www.cbsnews.com...

The families of U.S. citizens who were murdered by Islamic State of Iraq and Syria chief Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi on Sunday called his death a "victory." Mr. Trump said in his address Sunday morning that ISIS "murder of innocent Americans Jim Foley, Steven Sotloff, Peter Kassig, and Kayla Mueller were especially heinous."
i hope the still as unreleased code name for the mission was "Mueller time" for Kayla and just general irony sake

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 03:08 PM
link   
The Israeli's will be pissed he was trained by Mossad.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 03:19 PM
link   
The left is very upset at the lack of respect for this ISIS leader.
Trump called him a dog and the left are pissed

And this is how we draw the line, there are many who want to call his guy a scholar and there are those who call him a terrorist.

Many Democrats want to call him a scholar and no Republicans do.

And that is the dividing line

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Speaking of propaganda, this is being spun in a few directions, or a couple. Both arms okay, left and right. Directions are north, south, east and west.

I've been seeing that Trump in his wisest wisdom (he tweeted something last month that had "in my unmatched wisdom" but none of the tweets really get kept and rehashed except the most popular because he makes so many) did the pullback of U.S. forces to get Baghdadi to rear his head so U.S. forces could go in and take him out, a feigned withdrawal.

I also read that the U.S. had been following him for several weeks and the intelligence operation had him placed at that location or was at least following his moves leading up to this for 5 months. That the President went ahead and pressed the button on it to get much needed perfect news from Syria at that precise moment.

Admittedly, that sounds more believable. If you're getting bad press and lots of pressure at home because of your pullback move due to the Turkish operation, go ahead and take him out at that moment to change the view of the entire situation and look great doing it. Another one for the history books.

But it's really what side of the fence you're on with your view and opinion of the President, your left or right orientation also. You'll either think and advocate that it was all in the plan or say that he did it because he needed to for his own sake and could've done it before the Turkish operation or at the start of it.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Baghdadi Victory Lap Is Nothing But ‘Propaganda’

Trump haters should be celebrating the death of a RAPIST.

I guess people forget or just IGNORE Kayla Mueller.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
a reply to: IAMTAT

Trump made the decision to have them kill/capture Al-Baghdadi on his own.

You say that as if it's a good thing.

Considering it took the Obama Administration 2 weeks to give the ok on Bagdadi the first time in 2012... Yes it was a good thing. Instead of having been gone and hidden for over a week, Bagdadi was still on site, thus making the quick decision fruitful.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Why would Trump tell Pelosi when Pelosi, and her people, have stated on several occasions that they will do whatever it takes to take down Trump?

Pelosi is essentially therefore on record stating that if she can stop a Trump win she will. That means if Trump is about to capture the world's biggest threat Pelosi would sabotage that win.

I'm sorry that it has to be that way, I wish I believed the speaker of the people's house has America's best interest in mind... But she has stated that her number one priority is taking out Trump...

So no, she shouldn't be informed of executive branch dealings. She did that to herself. Anyone that doesn't see that is a complete moron that can be rightly ignored.

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   
What was any military venture from the Obama administration? It was all public fanfare. Obama, who took down osama bid laden and had remind us every time He was in Front of a camera...

Looks like the military puffs its feathers from time to time that's not a partisan issue at least by precedence.

a reply to: TerryMcGuire

edit on 29-10-2019 by Rob808 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join