It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baghdadi Victory Lap Is Nothing But ‘Propaganda’

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Baghdadi Victory Lap Is Nothing But ‘Propaganda’

First Trump thanks Russia for assistance in getting Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi

www.msn.com...

But then we find battling headlines

www.thedailybeast.com...

politizoom.com...

So will there be further information on this issue? Did Russia give assistance in this or is Trump just tooting his horn and looking to bolster his rep?
Will we hear more from Russia either denying or confirming either of these two opposing statements?

edit on 31America/ChicagoSun, 27 Oct 2019 15:29:42 -0500Sun, 27 Oct 2019 15:29:42 -050019102019-10-27T15:29:42-05:00300000029 by TerryMcGuire because: (no reason given)

+16 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Russia didn't 'help' at anything.

All Russia did was thank the President for giving them a 'heads-up' the US was going to cross Russian air space.

And seriously? The Daily Beast? LOL!?

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Actually, this is everyone he thanked:

Trump thanks Russia, Turkey, Syria, Iraq, and Kurds for helping kill Baghdadi

edit on 27-10-2019 by loam because: (no reason given)

+26 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 03:34 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 03:38 PM
link   
One of our other perpetually uninformed posters raised this same "argument" about the Russians denying things. I'll tell you the same thing I told that person:

Of course the Russians are gonna question our account. This is very embarrassing for them. al Baghdadi was right under their noses for God knows how long and they didn't know. As for their "unawareness" of the operation, the reason for that should be obvious. They are Assad's ally. Are they really gonna acknowledge that they enabled us to violate Syria's airspace?

All of that is without even considering, if Trump is really Putin's puppet, wouldn't Putin be helping Trump sell this as a great accomplishment? Something that could help his chances at re-election so he can continue to purportedly do Putin's bidding for another 4 years?

ETA: Also, keep in mind that Trump did NOT say Russia knew the operation was to get al Baghdadi. In fact, when asked by a reporter, he specifically said no they did NOT know that. They just knew we were conducting an operation in that area. On the other hand, the media is coordinating with Democrats to purposefully misreport the false narrative that the Russians knew what we were doing but Pelosi and other House leaders didn't know so they can continue to push their fake "Trump loves Putin" narrative. So the Russians are in a position of having two narratives they can deny, 1) the actual account of events, that they were given a heads up of A operation but not necessarily Baghdadi, or 2) that they knew we were going in to get Baghdadi. Those are subtly distinct narratives but we all know nuance is dead in this day and age.

I realize what I just said is WAY too complicated for most of the Trump haters here to follow, so sorry I don't have a simpler way to explain it.
edit on 27 10 19 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

+27 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 03:38 PM
link   

SoOo....

Baghdadi got killed so that's good news, but Orange Man Bad so it needs to be spun as bad news.

So predictable.

~shakes head and leaves the thread~

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Russia says it didn't know anything about it. But I believe them about as much as I do my own President.

"Russia’s defense ministry has no reliable information about an operation by US forces in the Turkey-controlled part of the Idlib de-escalation zone aimed at another extermination of Islamic State leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi," he said.

He said that the fact that the number of those who say about their participation in al-Baghdadi’s extermination and share contradictory details of the operation make one doubt that such an operation ever took place.

Link

+7 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Admitted
Russia says it didn't know anything about it. But I believe them about as much as I do my own President.

"Russia’s defense ministry has no reliable information about an operation by US forces in the Turkey-controlled part of the Idlib de-escalation zone aimed at another extermination of Islamic State leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi," he said.

He said that the fact that the number of those who say about their participation in al-Baghdadi’s extermination and share contradictory details of the operation make one doubt that such an operation ever took place.

Link

So Trump hid it from the Russians.

Much like he hid it from Pelosi.

Smart man Trump is.

No sense screwing up the mission by letting enemies of America find out and leak it.

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 03:42 PM
link   

So will there be further information on this issue? Did Russia give assistance in this or is Trump just tooting his horn and looking to bolster his rep?

As I understand it Trump sought permission to fly over Russian controlled parts of Syria , his whole press conference today was about him tooting his horn , I found it amusing.

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Thank you face for assisting an uninformed poster here. At least from you there is substance rather than just plain ridicule.

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Am I the only one with whiplash?

For three years I've been told the Russians are evil and can't be trusted, but now I'm supposed to believe a denial tweet from the Russian defense ministry?

Brain hurts.

link   
a reply to: Lumenari

No, Trump said the Russians appreciated the "heads up" he gave them. It was in his address. He thanks Russia and others...

link   

The official story has a lot of holes in it. Like he just happened to be wearing a suicide vest in a surprise attack at his house at 3AM. He probably wasn't really wearing a suicide vest, but they want to make look as dangerous as possible. He probably wasn't running with 3 children, but they need to make him as heartless as possible. He probably wasn't whimpering and crying, but they need to make him look weak.

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 03:44 PM
link   

I'm interested to see if the same folks make the same distinctions that were made when Bin Laden was (allegedly) killed during the Obama Administration.

I'm glad a terrorist responsible for the deaths of thousands is gone (if he is this time.)

Congratulations to the US Armed Forces and President Trump. I'm glad that none of our service personnel were harmed.

Perhaps this will truly help restore order to the region, and Mr. Trump can fulfil his promise to remove our troops ultimately.

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Admitted

That's where I am Admitted. I'm tired of trying to find anyone on that level who isn't lying.

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Admitted

Link

Go watch the video of Trump's announcement. He never said he told the Russians they were going in to get Baghdadi. In fact, when questioned by a reporter whether they told the Russians they were going after Baghdadi, Trump says no they didn't know that. All the Russians were told was hey American forces will be flying through xyz airspace that you monitor, don't shoot at them.

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

The official story has a lot of holes in it. Like he just happened to be wearing a suicide vest in a surprise attack at his house at 3AM. He probably wasn't really wearing a suicide vest, but they want to make look as dangerous as possible. He probably wasn't running with 3 children, but they need to make him as heartless as possible. He probably wasn't whimpering and crying, but they need to make him look weak.

Yeah because with his confirmed history, the administration needs to make things up to make him seem dangerous and heartless. And scumbag "leaders" like this haven't turned out to be cowards when they were about to be captured all throughout history, ie. Hitler, Himmler, any number of others.

Trump really has driven you guys crazy.

(post by RazorV66 removed for political trolling and baiting)
+1 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 03:49 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

As I understand it Trump sought permission to fly over Russian controlled parts of Syria , his whole press conference today was about him tooting his horn , I found it amusing.

But, knowing Trump, and knowing this is good news to all, could you imagine him not taking a victory lap?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join