It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baghdadi Victory Lap Is Nothing But ‘Propaganda’

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
Any excuse to justify Trump.

Any excuse to demonize him.

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 07:36 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

originally posted by: annoyedpharmacist
I am so sick of this sh*t.....

cant we just be relieved that this terrorist monster is dead and no longer able to hurt anyone again, instead of bickering over nonsense??????

Have you read any of what Trump has to say?

It's pretty disgusting, really.

I was glad there were no kids in the room when Trump was on TV talking about how "he died like a dog".

The guy that led the people responsible for burning captive pilots alive died like a dog.
I am happy to hear the President make a point of it.

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Baghdadi being killed is amazing good news.

How the President acted at the news conference announcing it is what people are arguing over. No question about that. It's not that people hate Trump so much that if he does a perfect thing they'll still scoff and criticize; it's what he said and how he went on and on with the weirdest display of the details, the political statements and other OT opinions he threw in, and just how much he trumpeted himself.

Nothing to do with the operation. Trump wasn't on the ground with a gun or even personally overseeing it, he just gave the OK and watched the results more than any other person beyond those conducting the operation. It's okay to talk yourself up but he does it excessively in this case in what some people see as really bad taste, comical, or with such a level of ego that it makes them scratch their heads in wonder as to how a man can be like that, think like that, and speak like that.

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Don't forget that Baghdadi was in Camp Bucca, a US prison camp until 2009 when Obama released him.

President Trump is still cleaning up Obama's messes.

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Lives were saved, so call it what you will. I'm looking forward to the "victory lap" after Ruth Ginsberg leaves, Trump appoints her replacement, and Abortion is once again illegal. Lives will be saved again, courtesy of President Trump.

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
Don't forget that Baghdadi was in Camp Bucca, a US prison camp until 2009 when Obama released him.

President Trump is still cleaning up Obama's messes.

I didn't know that! Doesn't surprise me though, since Obama let a lot of dangerous people go free.

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Who else is going to "toot" Trump's horn, but himself? Not like the media will...

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Not true.

"Ibrahim Awad Ibrahim Al Badry, also known as ‘Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi’ was held as a ‘civilian internee’ by U.S. Forces-Iraq from early February 2004 until early December 2004, when he was released," the Pentagon said in a statement. "He was held at Camp Bucca. A Combined Review and Release Board recommended ‘unconditional release’ of this detainee and he was released from U.S. custody shortly thereafter. We have no record of him being held at any other time."

In short, according to the Defense Department, the man who heads ISIS was released in 2004, long before Obama took office, and was not recaptured.

www.politifact.com...

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Their source is Obama's DoD mouthpieces.

Not exactly reliable either.

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: Willtell
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

www.thedailybeast.com...
Trump lies so much you cant ever believe a word he says about anything. He's just trying to curry favor with Putin.
Putin doesn't play silly games as Trump does.

Heres what Russia said

The Russian Defense Ministry’s spokesman, Major General Igor Konashenkov, refuted President Trump’s statement, stating in part: “The Russian Defense Ministry has no reliable information about U.S. servicemen conducting an operation for ‘yet another’ elimination of the former Daesh leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi in the Turkish-controlled part of the Idlib de-escalation zone.” The Russian Defense Ministry also disputed President Trump’s claim that Russia provided access to U.S. air units entering the airspace over the Idlib de-escalation zone during that mission in Syria. Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov declined to provide a comment about President Trump’s announcement, directing everyone to General Konashenkov’s statement.

“The Russian Defense Ministry does not believe in al-Baghdadi’s liquidation.” Major General Igor Konashenkov scoffed at the changing details of the operation, with Trump adding alleged participants and various countries that supposedly took part in the raid, “each with completely contradictory details,” which Konashenkov said “raises reasonable questions and doubts about [the operation’s] veracity, not to mention success.”

Sounds like you put a lot of faith in Russians.
I thought the Left considers them an enemy...what with making Hillary lose and all.

Do you really believe that Al-Baghdadi blew himself up in an explosion taking dogs and children with him?

I have no reason to doubt it.
He was being chased through the tunnel by US military dogs. He detonated his vest on purpose...which injured one dog and brought down the tunnel roof on himself and those with him.
His wives had vests too (which were not detonated)...obviously they weren't as interested in avoiding capture as A-Baghdadi was.

I don't doubt it happened, it does seem unlikely him and wives all had vests, after being abruptly hit at 3:15am. But then again, truth is stranger than fiction. Maybe they were THAT prepared..fun life!

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I am surprised that they never gave him a burial at sea, like they did with Tim Osman.
I wonder if the soldiers who killed him lol will end up in a crash, like that other seal team.

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

And your source is Jeanine Pirro. LOL

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 09:40 PM
link   

POST REMOVED BY STAFF

edit on Sun Oct 27 2019 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I'm just wondering how he knew that Baghdadi was crying and whimpering while being attacked by U.S. Special Forces. I know satellite technology has advanced so much but wouldn't you need close up imagery with sound that you could hear over explosions, shouting and gunshots? 🤣

Look, I know everyone is really segmented and focused in this political circus especially with everything on the line next year and the attack on Trump from the left but it's good to have a chuckle at it.

The politicians locked in this power struggle aren't thinking about or talking about us after work and on days off in regards to the Dems vs Trump saga. While viewing it from your side or they from their side is inevitible and what fuels it, we're not.. accomplishing anything in these discussions except gaining confidence and certainty in the positions on issues and MSM fueled political theatre that we'd already hold regardless.

As long as most recognize the hobby aspect of this, however passionate and for causes that are just and true (that we have no power to influence or change here) it is, then I'd happily step off of this unpopular soapbox interpreted as pointing the finger at everyone for my own enjoyment; a hobby trolling another hobby.
edit on 27-10-2019 by FlyingSquirrel because: (no reason given)

(post by network dude removed for a manners violation)

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
Baghdadi Victory Lap Is Nothing But ‘Propaganda’

First Trump thanks Russia for assistance in getting Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi

www.msn.com...

But then we find battling headlines

www.thedailybeast.com...

politizoom.com...

So will there be further information on this issue? Did Russia give assistance in this or is Trump just tooting his horn and looking to bolster his rep?
Will we hear more from Russia either denying or confirming either of these two opposing statements?

I am confused.
Are you upset the terrorist died?
Are you upset how it is covered?
Are you upset because the potus announced it?

IMO dead terrorists are a good thing no matter the white house occupant at the time.
Seems we differ on this ?

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I read this mission was named for Kayla Mueller....anyone know what the actual mission name was?

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe
I do not know.
I hope her family can find some kind of closure.

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyingSquirrel

I'm just wondering how he knew that Baghdadi was crying and whimpering while being attacked by U.S. Special Forces. I know satellite technology has advanced so much but wouldn't you need close up imagery with sound that you could hear over explosions, shouting and gunshots? 🤣

He didn't. That was a lie. It turns out there was no audio in the feed. And there weren't any soldiers who followed him down into the tunnel he supposedly killed himself in.

Footage of the US special forces raid on Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi’s Syrian compound reportedly consisted of overhead surveillance footage and no audio, prompting questions over the extent of the dramatic licence taken by Donald Trump in describing the final moments of one of the most wanted terrorists in the world.

US officials who also watched the feed have declined to echo details of Trump’s macabre account of the Isis’s leader death on Saturday, including that Baghdadi was “whimpering, crying and screaming all the way”.

Link

And his remains will be disposed of at sea like Bin Ladens. So no body this time either.

The US national security adviser, Robert O’Brien, told the Meet the Press show that Baghdadi’s remains, which were said to have been mutilated by the explosion, would likely be disposed of at sea.

Call me crazy, but I don't think someone who lies and fabricates things about our armed forces respects them. I know I'm probably the only person here who thinks that though.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join