It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baghdadi Victory Lap Is Nothing But ‘Propaganda’

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: underwerks

I knew it.

Still couldn't do it.

Not even a nice word for the soldiers?

C'mon!

Say something nice about our troops.

I dare ya!

I'm still not entirely convinced he's dead. It's all too convenient that there is never a body when any of the "founders" of these terrorist organizations get taken out..

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Folks, please.

Asking anyone on the left to be honest and sincere when it looks like something positive happened that Trump might have been a part of is just too much for them.

We're playing chess with pigeons and expecting them to make an appropriate move when all they do is just poop on the board.

Perhaps the memory of how the right responded to the death of bin Laden - - under Obama - - is still fresh in my mind.

Might I recommend a safe space?

Might I recommend straight honestly from you?

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Fair enough. I respect that answer.

If he was really only looking for information, why the definitive headline that the Official Story is all propaganda? Maybe that's what leads to some of the "ridicule" he has to survive.

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Maybe that memory is flawed. You haven't acknowledged that Trump congratulated Obama on the day in question.

That was his first, and appropriate, response.

edit on 27-10-2019 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Folks, please.

Asking anyone on the left to be honest and sincere when it looks like something positive happened that Trump might have been a part of is just too much for them.

We're playing chess with pigeons and expecting them to make an appropriate move when all they do is just poop on the board.

Perhaps the memory of how the right responded to the death of bin Laden - - under Obama - - is still fresh in my mind.

Might I recommend a safe space?

Might I recommend straight honestly from you?

Of course! Am always honest, that way I never have to remember what I said.

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 05:25 PM
link   

You just keep being you Champ!

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 05:28 PM
link   

a reply to: Annee

Maybe that memory is flawed. You haven't acknowledged that Trump congratulated Obama on the day in question.

That was his first, and appropriate, response.

Not to mention, at the time, he had nothing to really gain by lying, so his thoughts at that time were likely sincere. In contrast, during the election he had political motivation to deny Obama credit, so that was likely just playing politics. And the dishonest people in here pretending it's the reverse are well aware of that. They just can't admit it because Trump has driven them so crazy they will gladly make complete fools of themselves rather than admit it.

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Because that was the headline from the article. I just cut and pasted. Right?
That was the headline that set this apart from the other ''we gottem'' thread.

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 05:30 PM
link   

You just keep being you Champ!

I will. I'll keep sitting right here wondering why these terrorist organizations who were (a lot of times) started with CIA dark money never have a dead leader to show when our government shouts from the rooftops they have a victory.

I'll keep pondering how the best way to "win" a war and control people through fear is to invent the enemy you are fighting against.

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 05:35 PM
link   

www.thedailybeast.com...
Trump lies so much you cant ever believe a word he says about anything. He's just trying to curry favor with Putin.
Putin doesn't play silly games as Trump does.

Heres what Russia said

The Russian Defense Ministry’s spokesman, Major General Igor Konashenkov, refuted President Trump’s statement, stating in part: “The Russian Defense Ministry has no reliable information about U.S. servicemen conducting an operation for ‘yet another’ elimination of the former Daesh leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi in the Turkish-controlled part of the Idlib de-escalation zone.” The Russian Defense Ministry also disputed President Trump’s claim that Russia provided access to U.S. air units entering the airspace over the Idlib de-escalation zone during that mission in Syria. Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov declined to provide a comment about President Trump’s announcement, directing everyone to General Konashenkov’s statement.

“The Russian Defense Ministry does not believe in al-Baghdadi’s liquidation.” Major General Igor Konashenkov scoffed at the changing details of the operation, with Trump adding alleged participants and various countries that supposedly took part in the raid, “each with completely contradictory details,” which Konashenkov said “raises reasonable questions and doubts about [the operation’s] veracity, not to mention success.”

edit on 27-10-2019 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

Because that was the headline from the article. I just cut and pasted. Right?
That was the headline that set this apart from the other ''we gottem'' thread.

It actually isn't the title of the article. If you had used the actual title, "Russia: Trump’s Baghdadi Victory Lap Is Nothing But ‘Propaganda,’" your claim to just having been relating the dueling headlines might be more believable. You linked 3 articles. The one you chose for your thread title, along with the way you edited it, shows clear bias. That's fine, you can have bias. Just don't claim it was an innocent search for truth, please.

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

You like the Russian Defense Ministry now?

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

www.thedailybeast.com...
Trump lies so much you cant ever believe a word he says about anything. He's just trying to curry favor with Putin.

Heres what Russia said

The Russian Defense Ministry’s spokesman, Major General Igor Konashenkov, refuted President Trump’s statement, stating in part: “The Russian Defense Ministry has no reliable information about U.S. servicemen conducting an operation for ‘yet another’ elimination of the former Daesh leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi in the Turkish-controlled part of the Idlib de-escalation zone.” The Russian Defense Ministry also disputed President Trump’s claim that Russia provided access to U.S. air units entering the airspace over the Idlib de-escalation zone during that mission in Syria. Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov declined to provide a comment about President Trump’s announcement, directing everyone to General Konashenkov’s statement.

“The Russian Defense Ministry does not believe in al-Baghdadi’s liquidation.” Major General Igor Konashenkov scoffed at the changing details of the operation, with Trump adding alleged participants and various countries that supposedly took part in the raid, “each with completely contradictory details,” which Konashenkov said “raises reasonable questions and doubts about [the operation’s] veracity, not to mention success.”

I knew it wouldn't be too long before progressives thought Putin was cool again.

Asked and answered on the first page:

One of our other perpetually uninformed posters raised this same "argument" about the Russians denying things. I'll tell you the same thing I told that person:

Of course the Russians are gonna question our account. This is very embarrassing for them. al Baghdadi was right under their noses for God knows how long and they didn't know. As for their "unawareness" of the operation, the reason for that should be obvious. They are Assad's ally. Are they really gonna acknowledge that they enabled us to violate Syria's airspace?

All of that is without even considering, if Trump is really Putin's puppet, wouldn't Putin be helping Trump sell this as a great accomplishment? Something that could help his chances at re-election so he can continue to purportedly do Putin's bidding for another 4 years?

ETA: Also, keep in mind that Trump did NOT say Russia knew the operation was to get al Baghdadi. In fact, when asked by a reporter, he specifically said no they did NOT know that. They just knew we were conducting an operation in that area. On the other hand, the media is coordinating with Democrats to purposefully misreport the false narrative that the Russians knew what we were doing but Pelosi and other House leaders didn't know so they can continue to push their fake "Trump loves Putin" narrative. So the Russians are in a position of having two narratives they can deny, 1) the actual account of events, that they were given a heads up of A operation but not necessarily Baghdadi, or 2) that they knew we were going in to get Baghdadi. Those are subtly distinct narratives but we all know nuance is dead in this day and age.

I realize what I just said is WAY too complicated for most of the Trump haters here to follow, so sorry I don't have a simpler way to explain it.

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

When you're dealing with someone that lies as hard and as often as Donald Trump does, it makes North Korean state news start to seem credible.

link   

a reply to: Willtell

You like the Russian Defense Ministry now?

Putin had a pretty nice following among progressives before Hillary blew the 2016 election. They love authoritarians.

link   

Not to mention, at the time, he had nothing to really gain by lying, so his thoughts at that time were likely sincere. In contrast, during the election he had political motivation to deny Obama credit, so that was likely just playing politics.

Does this not condone him lying if it gains him credit? And also, he was major in making a big stink over the birth issue, so that would mean that he had already come out as an Obama critic.

Hopefully we both know that Obama did not deserve the credit for Bin Laden, he was just the potus when the Seals got him. So if Trump already considered Obama a false president and an illegal potus, why would he not at least point out this simple truth, that Bin Ladens death was not really attributable to Obama. That would have been a simple truth to tell.

So in reality his congratulation to Obama was a false congratulation I guess. But now, he is willing to take the credit for this guy even knowing as he should that Bin Laden's death had nothing to do with Obama but propaganda.

Does this not make Trump a propagandist with this ? Does this mean that this is ok for him to lie just because in this case he DOES have a political motivation to do so?

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 05:44 PM
link   

www.thedailybeast.com...

Heres what Russia said

Sounds like you put a lot of faith in Russians.
I thought the Left considers them an enemy...what with making Hillary lose and all.

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 05:47 PM
link   
The problem with Trump’s juvenile words trying to create a buddy/buddy thing with Putin is that Russia wants the US the hell out of Syria completely and Putin doesn’t give a damn about Trump’s silly buddy-buddy kind of foreign policy. SYRIA BELONGS TO SYRIA. Russia is perfectly able to help its ally remove those jihadi lunatics out of Syria without the US’s help.

It’s the US along with Turkey, NATO, the Gulf states, Israel and their jihadi puppets that created the Syrian war in the first place destroying the lives of tens of thousands of innocent people.

Therefore, they won’t jump on the bandwagon of this questionable operation.

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

www.thedailybeast.com...

Heres what Russia said

Sounds like you put a lot of faith in Russians.
I thought the Left considers them an enemy...what with making Hillary lose and all.

Do you really believe that Al-Baghdadi blew himself up in an explosion taking dogs and children with him?

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

My desire is that the Syrian people have some peace and the only country that helped Syria, though I understand for self-interest, was Russia. Everybody else created the problem including the US.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join