It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ever watch your dogs sleep?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Do you ever watch your dogs sleep? It's fun, especially when they're dreaming.

Our pups get lots of outside time in the country, so they've got lots of experiences stored up in their little brains. When they come in all pooped out, it's time to plonk down for a nap. Within' minutes their faces are twitching, their paws are twitching like they're running. Sometimes it even gets pretty intense, practically barking and seriously running. It's fun to watch them and wonder what they're dreaming about. I'm sure most times they're chasing a rabbit, or a prairie dog...or a bird...just running around having a blast out in the sunshine.

Every now and again some of these 'dreams' don't look fun, maybe more like a nightmare. They're all tense and growling. I'll usually gently wake them up from these kinds of dreams. They always seem pretty happy when I do that, like...."whew, glad that was just a dream!! I'm all safe here in my house with my brother and my peeps."

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
Do you ever watch your dogs sleep?

I don't have dogs, i am a cat person. But i am too irresponsible to take care of even myself so i don't have cats here.

But to answer to your question: YES! I have watched, i have stared, sleeping dogs. Sometimes they don't move at all, sometimes they move in a way you described in your OP. Doing that makes me think about really profound questions. How many nuclear bombs have dogs created? How many wars have they started? So yes, i have been really watching sleeping dogs sometimes, with a humble feeling of admiration

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Yes, I have 4 good mutts, all with their peculiar traits. They are our kids. I do have a chuckle when they dream. lol. They may be all sleeping and one might start that muffled woofing sound, dreaming. The others wake up, start barking. The dreamer wakes, starts barking back. Cracks me up.

At times if I have one dogstar sleeping nearby and I see it dreaming I might give a quiet 'woof woof' back and have to hold my mouth from laughing when I get a reaction, like ears popping up or an increase in twitching and muffled barks by the dog.

Other times I may put a 'treat' at the dogs nose while it's dreaming. The reaction is a another crack up for me. The nose starts twitching, the eyes blink open, head and ears become animated. A 'dream come true' for the dog' Love our dogs and they love us back in return.

Kind regards,

Bally

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Could be worse...

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I've seen that video before. And, if I remember correctly the dog was not sleeping, he was having some kind of a seizure.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Sleep walking. There's more than one video of that dog, it's not an uncommon occurrence according to my sister who is a vet.

She's the animal kind of vet, not the Vietnam kind.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 07:15 AM
link   
So basically, Bally, you are telling us that you have a constant real life comedy show going on at your place haha! I totally lack the emotion of envy, as my sister also lacks it somehow. But if i had envy, i would be envious!

originally posted by: bally001
Other times I may put a 'treat' at the dogs nose while it's dreaming. The reaction is a another crack up for me. The nose starts twitching, the eyes blink open, head and ears become animated. A 'dream come true' for the dog' Love our dogs and they love us back in return.

I have done that! Because the dog's owner told me that i should see what happens. I was sitting there with my friend, on the couch, with some random dumb stuff from youtube. And the dog was sleeping in the middle of the floor. So... I put a dog snack in front of her nose. It took a while, maybe a minute, the dog was awake and ate the snack. You wouldn't believe how much i laughed, and i don't laugh that often.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Nvm, sorry.

Bally

edit on 18-10-2019 by bally001 because: Maybe

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: bally001

I love Vietnamese!

They're a little on the stringy side but if you slow cook them it tends to help.

edit on 18-10-2019 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: bally001

LOL! Yeah, our pups will do that too. One will start barking at some sound, and the other one, fast asleep, will jump up, start barking and look around like..."okay...what are we barking at, just so I know" It's pretty hilarious.

The other day, the two crack-ups were both sleeping on the floor, feet facing each other. One started running in his sleep, and then the other one started doing the same. Because they were close to each other it looked like they were having a big ol' slap-fight. I wish I'd have got a video of that one! I didn't because I was laughing too hard, and then they both woke up and looked around like..."what???? What's so funny?

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

Fin, me and dogs get up to all sorts of mischief when I'm home alone with them. A laugh a day. Put the laptop up on the porch roof with dog barking noises or cat noises at full volume and watch them do laps around the house. Good exercise for them.

Bally

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Yeah, that's the thing about dogs dreaming, the unexpected awakening. Never ceases to get a laugh from me. The look from the dog like you say, "What's so funny?"

bally
edit on 18-10-2019 by bally001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 07:34 AM
link   

a reply to: Finspiracy

Fin, me and dogs get up to all sorts of mischief when I'm home alone with them. A laugh a day. Put the laptop up on the porch roof with dog barking noises or cat noises at full volume and watch them do laps around the house. Good exercise for them.

Bally

You made me smile

If i had a dog here with me, i would get into the "mischief sector" too. I love walking long distance with a fast pace. I would test which one would last longer, me or the dog. Then i would talk to the dog about the worries i have. After a while of listening to that, the dog would really deserve a good dog meal and i would give it. I also would try to shake hands. Sometimes dogs have agreed to shake hands with me. for real.

And i have heard that dogs like beer. Obviously, i would not give alcohol to animals, as it is not even suitable for humans to use. But i have heard that there really are breweries that make non alcoholic beer for dogs to drink!

I have met recently a couple of bulldogs. And i had a really strong rope. Other end of the rope in my hand, other end of the rope in the bulldog's mouth. Then we have a contest. I lose always, as i feel that the dog, which is nothing but muscle, is going to dislocate my shoulder if i don't give up!

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Yes, my dogs chase rabbits in thir sleep. It's nice to observe.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 08:08 AM
link   

At times if I have one dogstar sleeping nearby and I see it dreaming I might give a quiet 'woof woof' back

Kind regards,

Bally

I know it was a typo, but thanks for the shout-out!

Love watching the dogs sleep, both peacefully and dreaming. I, too, have done the gentle wakeup when things seem to be getting too scary in there lol

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 08:16 AM
link   
When my dogs look like they're having a bad dream I pet them and softly tell that that it's okay. They ease out of it.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 09:09 AM
link   

I think that's right, I had a dog who did the exact same thing, and when he woke up he was so scared, he couldn't see for a little while after and it broke my heart to see this dog who had never been scared of anything in his life to be so afraid.
He was a pitt ,he was 15 years old and he was well loved and taken care of.
We took him to the vet and they found a tumor, so we had to put him down because we couldn't let that happen to him again.
The vet said that it would happen more frequently because of his advanced age so we had to let him go.
One of the toughest things I've had to do.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

That is intense! Poor baby! I have seen dogs twitch and look like they're dreaming about running, but this pup is in a full on gallop, lol.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: new_here

Bizkit the Sleepwalking Dog has plenty of vids.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: JHumm

I think that's right, I had a dog who did the exact same thing, and when he woke up he was so scared, he couldn't see for a little while after and it broke my heart to see this dog who had never been scared of anything in his life to be so afraid.
He was a pitt ,he was 15 years old and he was well loved and taken care of.
We took him to the vet and they found a tumor, so we had to put him down because we couldn't let that happen to him again.
The vet said that it would happen more frequently because of his advanced age so we had to let him go.
One of the toughest things I've had to do.

Oh i see. I am truly sorry for your loss. It was one of the toughest things you have had to do, but it was the right thing, in comparison to prolonged suffering. I know it hurts. Stay strong and hold on to memories you have, with time spent with that dog

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join