It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can someone explain the Biden Ukraine scandal?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 11:13 AM
link   
First off, this isn't the mud pit. Let's keep the political trolling out of it. I'm looking for a rational explanation from anyone with actual details.

So, our Administration has been very determined to let the public know that Hunter Biden was on the board of a Ukrainian gas company, and that certainly seems to be the case. As of yet, I've seen no one deny that fact. My question is, where's the scandal? Is there evidence of actual wrongdoing, or is this just a case of the appearance of "standard" political nepotism akin to Ivanka's list of patent requests in China moving to the top of the backlog list and getting approved, or Eric's recent sweet development deal in Scotland?

Political nepotism was certainly an issue back in the JFK days (appointing your brother to AG doesn't look right), and laws were changed because of it, but we're entering into a new era. For Decades the "first children" have been too young for it to be much of an issue, but here we find ourselves with a President, and a Presidential candidate both having kids who are old enough to have careers of their own, and who pursue international business dealings. Is it time to pursue new laws banning political families from international business dealings as well?

Back to the main question, can someone explain the Hunter Biden/Ukraine scandal and point to any wrongdoing?

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: redmage

For Trump, Biden isn't really the issue. The Russian collusion hoax perpetrated by the democrats, has many ties to Ukraine.
The president wants Ukrainians help in investigating the fraud by the DNC, FBI, CIA. That is why he mentioned Crowdstrike.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 11:24 AM
link   

The alleged scandal is whether or not joe Biden used political influence, including withholding financial aid, to get his son a paycheck.

Nepotism is not illegal.
But if he threatened to withhold funds unless his son was set up with a nice "job, that would be considered extortion.

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Hunter Biden was hired by a company in an industry Hunter had no knowledge of getting paid $50,000/month, while his dad was the VP. A prosecutor was looking into corruption involving the company Hunter was working for and Biden had that prosecutor fired or else he would withhold the money from the US guaranteed to Ukraine.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: MachineMan

Are you saying there's evidence of Hunter being a part of Crowdstrike?

I'm looking for evidence of wrongdoing, and an explanation of what is scandalous about Hunter being on the board of a foreign gas company.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: redmage

I'm looking for evidence of wrongdoing, and an explanation of what is scandalous about Hunter being on the board of a foreign gas company.

They are not investigating Hunter . But while investigating corruption they might find something juicy on Hunter.

Like how the left is so proud of the other indictments the Russia collusion Hoax brought, And they use it to justify the witch hunt.

I really dont see much difference. If Hunter didnt do anything wrong then he has nothing to worry about right?

+11 more 
posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Ukraine is extremely corrupt.

THE BIDEN ISSUE:

Hunter Biden was appointed to the board of Burisma which was run by a corrupt oligarch. Hunter has NO EXPERIENCE WHATSOEVER in this industry or private equity. In other words, he brought zero value to the company but yet was still paid $600k a year to sit on this company's board.

An Ukrainian attorney general was investigating corruption involving Burisma and Hunter Biden.

Joe Biden threatened to withhold aide unless President of Ukraine at the time fired the AG who was investigating the corruption.

In other words, Joe wanted the investigation shut down that involved his son and used withholding of foreign aide to do so.

This is all on video by the way with Joe explaining how he did this in great detail... so no, it ain't a conspiracy.

TRUMP ISSUE:

Trump was on the phone and was specifically asking about Crowdstrike. Crowdstrike was the company that is believed to be the source of the hacking of emails in 2016. It is thought the emails are in Ukraine. This is what the actual conversation was about, not Biden.

However, he also mentioned in trailing that there is scandal around Biden and that should be investigated as well. This is nothing new. There are articles going back four years ago on this corruption. The NYTs even ran an article mentioning it looks bad four years ago.

The Democrats are trying to spin it to look like Trump was asking for dirt on Biden when in fact he was asking for help to get to the bottom of the 2016 election shenanigans.

In other words, the Democrats want to impeach Trump for trying to investigate corruption. More specifically, Biden actually did withhold foreign aide to cover up corruption, but trump needs to be investigated for pointing that out....

edit on 3-10-2019 by Edumakated because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

The alleged scandal is whether or not joe Biden used political influence, including withholding financial aid, to get his son a paycheck.

Nepotism is not illegal.
But if he threatened to withhold funds unless his son was set up with a nice "job, that would be considered extortion.

That can't be the issue. Trump withheld almost 400 Million in bi-partisan approved aid while, according to the White House released transcript, requesting help investigating Biden. By your definition that would be considered extortion as well.

Trump would be guilty of doing exactly what you're suggesting, so by pursuing that line he would be shooting himself in the foot. There's gotta be something more to this.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 11:34 AM
link   
There is not one... that is the problem. Trump makes it up and his trumpsters believe it.

The way I have read it, many world leaders were calling for the ouster of this Ukrainian guy that ties this to Biden.

The Ukrainian was accused of corruption as was the company that would eventually hire Hunter Biden.

We withheld aid and the Ukrainian was ousted.

2 years later, said company hires Hunter Biden to help fight corruption or just PR?

Hunter Biden was never under investigation.... He did not work for the company when funds were withheld.

And obviously I was not involved and have no first hand information, which makes everything I just said second hand information and hearsay...

Just as every single thing every drumtard will say is also hearsay.

Hearsay and second hand info is a big part of their vocabulary these days...maybe even over taking traitor and coup... yet look at every post in the last couple years that they hold as gospel, is all second hand information ....

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Crowdstrike owners are involved in a partnership with Burisma...the Ukrainian gas company of which Hunter Biden was a Board member.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 11:35 AM
link   

what is scandalous about Hunter being on the board of a foreign gas company.

Apparently Nothing

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 11:36 AM
link   
A druggie cokehead son of the VP got a $50,000 a month job in an industry he knows nothing about as an "advisor", then the Ukraine started an investigation into the company and the VP of the United States admitted on camera (and insinuated that Obama was on board with it) that he would have 1B in aid to the Ukraine withheld unless they fired the prosecutor who was investigating the company who his son "worked" for. No "Ukrainian" laws were broken, but that doesn't mean US laws weren't broken.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Hunter Biden is a scoundrel. To say the least. Read up on his divorce and his affair with a family member's wife while that family member was dying. He also had a mystery rental car disaster that I will leave up to others to discover.

That being said, he has a long line of combined DNC nepotism that includes other famous members of the DNC apparatus. Basically everything he did came in the millions with no experience necessary. It's really disgusting. Anyway, it all ties into the impeachment deal.

This pundit has the best outline of that as far as I have read - and no - he is not a conservative.

www.moonofalabama.org...

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 11:39 AM
link   

An Ukrainian attorney general was investigating corruption involving Burisma and Hunter Biden.
a reply to: Edumakated
Who was the AG investigating corruption into Burisma and Hunter Biden?

Who was the AG biden wanted fired?

what year was this?

When did Hunter Biden start working for Burisma?

I could be wrong in what I think. Show me proof and I am on board.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 11:39 AM
link   
1. Energy holding company under investigation.
2. Hunter is given a position on company board.
3. Joe gets lead prosecutor fired.
4. No more investigation.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Crowdstrike has more to do with the Ukraine/Russia connection mostly around their report that Russia hacked Ukraine missile systems. Also has to do with DNC server that FBI was not allowed access to.

Bidens son was being investigated by Ukraine and Biden withheld aide until the Ukrainian prosecutor on the case was fired.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Hunter Biden was hired on in 2014 with Burisma. The media back then called it out as really bad optics due to in the past when Biden was Senator, his son, amazingly went to work for MBNA that he was not qualified for either. They just happened to have been one of Biden's biggest contributors at the time.

Come 2015, Burisma is under investigation. Biden did not want them investigated since his son was connected. He threatened to withhold funding until the prosecutor who was looking into the company was fired.

Thus, now, Biden had crossed the bad optics line into corruption by using taxpayer monies to bribe/blackmail Ukraine for his own personal family benefit. He should have recused himself and Obama should have sent another to handle the issue.
edit on 10 3 2019 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 11:41 AM
link   

A druggie cokehead son of the VP got a $50,000 a month job in an industry he knows nothing about as an "advisor"
a reply to: panoz77

That is the whole trump cabinet lol.....

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 11:46 AM
link   

CrowdStrike is a California-based cybersecurity technology company co-founded by Dmitri Alperovitch.

Alperovitch is a nonresident senior fellow of the Cyber Statecraft Initiative at the Atlantic Council, which takes a hawkish approach toward Russia. The Council in turn is financed by Google Inc.

In a perhaps unexpected development, another Atlantic Council funder is Burisma, the natural gas company at the center of allegations regarding Joe Biden and his son, Hunter Biden. Those allegations were the subject of Trump’s inquiry with Zelemsky related to Biden.

www.breitbart.com...

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Biden's son got a position in a company in 2014 that was under investigation since 2012.

Biden got the prosecutor in charge of that investigation fired in 2016 and bragged about it.It was supposedly due to being easy on corruption.

The new prosecutor went easy on the investigation and it was settled in 2017 with nothing really coming from it.

The company in question admitted the firing of Shokin was politically motivated and apologized for what was being done to him.

Trump thought that was fishy and wanted it investigated to see if Biden engaged in wrongdoing using his power in a way that benefited his son.

The prosecutor who took over for Shokin backed up Trump's assertions. After doing so he later recanted and was fired.

Lutsenko has alleged that Yovanovitch had given him a list of people not to prosecute.

www.reuters.com...

It should be noted that Trump did not make this public. The liberals and the liberal media are the ones who decided to make Biden's possible wrongdoing public.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join