It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can someone explain the Biden Ukraine scandal?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: redmage

how can biden be running for president ?

he was already president

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Vic president. But yeah: you can run again after your term is up. Just can't serve 8 years consecutively.

originally posted by: BrennanHuff22

The NYT article you cited that states, "The State Department called Mr. Lutsenko’s claim about a do-not-prosecute list “an outright fabrication,” and in May Mr. Lutsenko walked back his allegations about the Bidens, stating that there was no evidence they had done anything wrong." Links to this NYT article below, where Lutsenko says this:

He didn't walk back the quote. That's just a lie. Lutsenko should sue and make himself a rich man.

I ran down the supposed "walk back" quote, and it's not a walk back. He says he was given a list and told not to prosecute it, but when he stated that that is what it was, the person giving it to him said it wasn't........ even though she had just told him he was forbidden to prosecute anyone on that list...

There's a bit of interpretation, but it's not a walk back. If anything, the quote included Lutsenko stating that there were other people in the room (who can back the claim up.)

“I do not want Ukraine to again be the subject of U.S. presidential elections,” Lutsenko said in an interview Tuesday in his office in Kiev. “Hunter Biden did not violate any Ukrainian laws -- at least as of now, we do not see any wrongdoing. A company can pay however much it wants to its board.” He said if there is a tax problem, it’s not in Ukraine."

Hunter Biden himself probably didn't.

Burisma probably contacted his father and told them they were going to fire Hunter, and did so without telling Hunter.

Hunter isn't the person in the crosshairs here. Daddy Biden is.

originally posted by: Dfairlite
a reply to: darkbake

Let me start by saying, you've provided no evidence of which you said there was an abundance of it.

Well first of all, Trump himself has admitted to using his political influence to try and get Ukraine (maybe even China) to investigate his political opponent

Trump doesn't have a political opponent. Even if he did, is it really concerning that the man in charge of the execution of laws and foreign policy would expose corruption by a politician?? Seems like you guys were A-OK with the prior admin and deep state working with the UK and ukraine to try to frame trump.

I definitely agree on this.

If you're in government and you do something financially suspicious, you should certainly expect it will come back on you later on.

And you should expect it will be during election season when it does.

That's the precedent I want to see get set. Not the "if you investigate someone else's financial improprieties you'll be impeached for it" precedent.

<< 8  9  10   >>

join