It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can someone explain the Biden Ukraine scandal?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: tinner07

An Ukrainian attorney general was investigating corruption involving Burisma and Hunter Biden.
a reply to: Edumakated
1. Who was the AG investigating corruption into Burisma and Hunter Biden?

2. Who was the AG biden wanted fired?

3. what year was this?

4. When did Hunter Biden start working for Burisma?

I could be wrong in what I think. Show me proof and I am on board.

1. Shokin was investigating.
2. Biden wanted Shokin fired.
3. Biden started demanding he be fired at the end of 2015, and he was early 2016.
4. Hunter started working for Burisma in 2014.
You did not ask but ...
5. The investigation was ongoing in 2016 when Shokin was fired and it was ended after Shokin was fired and settled for fines in 2017.

Does that sound suspicious to you? I am not saying any wrongdoing DID happen, but I am saying it's suspect enough it should be investigated to see if there was.
edit on 3-10-2019 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
a reply to: redmage

Ukraine is extremely corrupt.

THE BIDEN ISSUE:

Hunter Biden was appointed to the board of Burisma which was run by a corrupt oligarch. Hunter has NO EXPERIENCE WHATSOEVER in this industry or private equity. In other words, he brought zero value to the company but yet was still paid $600k a year to sit on this company's board.

Welcome to the corporate world. Hunter was a lawyer and a lobbyist, two in-demand skill sets that fill boards of companies all over the world. Like it or not, by corporate standards he did meet the criteria of being "qualified", so that aspect is a bit of a non-starter.

An Ukrainian attorney general was investigating corruption involving Burisma and Hunter Biden.

Joe Biden threatened to withhold aide unless President of Ukraine at the time fired the AG who was investigating the corruption.

In other words, Joe wanted the investigation shut down that involved his son and used withholding of foreign aide to do so.

Now we're getting somewhere. So for a timeline, when was the threat to withhold foreign aide, and what was the timeframe Hunter was employed there?

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Look at my post right before yours, that is the timeline.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: AttitudeProblem

Take it to the mudpit, bub. You're in the wrong forum for that.

This forum is for actual discussion, and I'm here to try and figure this mess out.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Now we're getting somewhere. So for a timeline, when was the threat to withhold foreign aide, and what was the timeframe Hunter was employed there?

Hunter was hired April 2014. Biden threatened to withhold funds December 2015. Ukraine fired Shokin March 2016.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 11:56 AM
link   

According to Joe, he made the threat and said they were leaving Ukraine in 6 hours, if it wasn't done, no funds...... But that seems to be a bit of embellishment
edit on 3-10-2019 by SailorJerry because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Thanks for that.

Pieces are starting to come together.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

The shame of it here is that this info is to be found in a number of threads here on ATS.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: redmage
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Thanks for that.

Pieces are starting to come together.

I don't know how anyone can be against looking into that. It should have been done the way the Trump-Russia investigation was done, in the background and nothing public until it was over. Liberal media can't stop trying to run anti-Trump stories though and made it all public. If the media did their job right no one would know and there would be no impact to Biden unless he did something wrong.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

The shame of it here is that this info is to be found in a number of threads here on ATS.

Trump haters keep saying the investigation was over before Hunter got his position, despite this being readily available public information.

The investigation ended in 2017. Liberal media keeps saying it was "dormant" and inactive in 2015 ... which makes zero sense since we know it did not end until 2017. They are lying to help Biden.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fools
Hunter Biden is a scoundrel. To say the least. Read up on his divorce and his affair with a family member's wife while that family member was dying. He also had a mystery rental car disaster that I will leave up to others to discover.

That being said, he has a long line of combined DNC nepotism that includes other famous members of the DNC apparatus. Basically everything he did came in the millions with no experience necessary. It's really disgusting. Anyway, it all ties into the impeachment deal.

This pundit has the best outline of that as far as I have read - and no - he is not a conservative.

www.moonofalabama.org...

Thank you for posting that!
By far the best fully sourced breakdown on the whole WB fiasco that I have read.

edit on 10 3 2019 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 12:10 PM
link   

I don't know how anyone can be against looking into that.

Agreed

It should have been done the way the Trump-Russia investigation was done, in the background and nothing public until it was over. Liberal media can't stop trying to run anti-Trump stories though and made it all public. If the media did their job right no one would know and there would be no impact to Biden unless he did something wrong.

That's certainly one issue, but there's also the fact that Trump should have let the State Dept do their job and not gotten personally involved. His personal involvement evidenced by the WH released transcripts and witholding almost 400M in bipartisan approved aid presents serious legal issues as well.
edit on 10/3/19 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 12:11 PM
link   

If you're really interested in putting the puzzle pieces together...please spend some time looking into 'The Atlantic Council' connections to Ukraine/Burisma, Biden(s), Soros, Romney, Clinton(s), Pinchuk, Crowdstrike...and so much more.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

The problem is that it's mostly buried in the mud pit where one has to dig for hours through political baiting, trolling, deflection, memes, and vague talking points to find anything of actual substance.

I was looking for, and to create a thread that laid it out without having to dig through all the rubbish. You know, an actual discussion thread like the ATS glory days before twitter-fare was the communication standard.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 12:20 PM
link   

The state department and the ambassador were both involved in suppressing the investigation. The new prosecutor who took over and ended the investigation has publicly stated he was given a list of names of people he could not go after. The ambassador denies this, and the state department is covering for the ambassador, who has since resigned.

Lutsenko has alleged that Yovanovitch had given him a list of people not to prosecute. The State Department called the allegation “an outright fabrication”.

www.reuters.com...

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Basically the Republicans wanted to investigate illegally Biden amd his son just like the democrats illegally ordered surveillance of trump and his cronies, but the dems wete one step ahead and declared it an impeachable offense to ask anotger government to illegally investigate, just luke that did in the 2016 election cycle.

Moral of the story, just enjoy the ride. This is game of thrones 2.0... But its real life and americans still dont have healthcare and are abysing drugs at an alarming rate and suicides are an all time high! But the economy is doing great (maybe, we're not sure yet)

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: redmage
a reply to: butcherguy

The problem is that it's mostly buried in the mud pit where one has to dig for hours through political baiting, trolling, deflection, and vague talking points to find anything of substance.

I was looking for, and to create a thread that laid it out without having to dig through all the rubbish.

The post above yours that I am replying to is pointing you in the right direction. If you want to learn about how deep this stuff reaches, go here to the latest of the white rabbit threads... The White Rabbit

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinner07

a reply to: Edumakated
Who was the AG investigating corruption into Burisma and Hunter Biden?

Who was the AG biden wanted fired?

what year was this?

When did Hunter Biden start working for Burisma?

I could be wrong in what I think. Show me proof and I am on board.

I know many progressives like to be told what to think instead of doing the actual time consuming research.
That is why the current propaganda labeled as 'news' is so successful in pushing the globalists agenda.

If you really want the truth instead of seeking to confirm your own bias do your due diligence.

Maybe start with reading Fools insightful contribution.

I however have my doubts that you truly would be "on board" if the facts lead away from your progressive 'truth'.

The progressive 'clergy'.

"It's our job to control what people think".

You better be careful doing your own research though tinner, in fact, just to be safe you better leave all that research stuff to the professionals and just trust them for the 'truth' of the 'facts'.

SMH
edit on 10 3 2019 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 12:38 PM
link   
...and it was the IMF, not Biden, that wanted the guy fired. He was part of the corruption in Ukraine. a reply to: redmage

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Thanks for the Atlantic Council lead. I'm pretty well versed on most of the others you list.

Also, thanks to all who've attempted to keep this thread information based.

I realize that silly memes, or videos of someone plugging their ears garner more stars/flags, so I appreciate your sacrifice in not posting such for the greater benefit of the thread and forum.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join