It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FDA: Thousands of Deaths Associated With Drugs Given to ‘Trans’ Children

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 05:07 AM
link   
I just love how this topic makes people lose their minds and brings out the uninformed detractors that are disgusted by things beyond their comprehension. Well, I actually don't love it so much, it turns my stomach and is depressing.

I get a kick out of all these keyboard experts that have no real world experience with trans children and think they know how they would handle it and what they'd do if one of their own kids had gender dysphoria. Chances are they'd do their research and change their minds about things pretty quickly or lose their children.

It's pretty sad actually that there's such of a lack of compassion and empathy for children and parents dealing with such a deeply serious problem and that people think it's their duty to tell other parents how to raise their children. Like it or not, trans children exist, are human and deserve the same level of respect and dignity as everyone else. No one is the monster here, not the parents that try to do the best for their kids and especially not the kids themselves who have enough problems to deal with without being marginalized by ignorance, hate and disgust.

It's been said that the highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don't know anything about. Obviously there's many here all too proud to share how little they actually know about this subject. I thought maybe this site was a place of learning and intelligent discussion but I'm rapidly discovering otherwise and that it's just another echo chamber of outrage against things falling outside of a narrow and under informed point of view.

This is a very complex and challenging situation for anyone to be in from any perspective and it's disheartening to see such an unwillingness to understand it better.

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 05:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Kalamitous

This is a very complex and challenging situation for anyone to be in from any perspective and it's disheartening to see such an unwillingness to understand it better.

That is such a crock of crap, and I'm pretty darn sure you know it.

Like many, I didn't have a problem with transgender people UNTIL I learned more about it. And it was transgender persons themselves who made the absolute worst impression of all, with their bullying, harassment, insults, de-platforming, and outright physical attacks on women -- REAL women -- who dared to express disagreement. Women who dared to protect women's rights and women's privacy and women's needs.

As I've already stated, I have genuine sympathy for the true gender dysphoric... I have pity for the autogynephiles enslaved by their sexual fetish... I even have some empathy for the gender (stereotype) confused.

But I will not tolerate the Trans Activist abuse against others -- especially children -- or the trampling of women's safety and rights, to be forced to roleplay in a grownass man's sexual fetish. And you know where they can shove their "cotton ceiling," right???

If you want to make a valuable and needed difference, start with the Trans Activists who turned so many once allies against them with their own bad behavior. Then start respecting the rights and freedoms of other people.

Especially the mental, physical, emotional and sexual health and well being of our kids. Stop telling them that they're not good enough just the way they are and that they need to spend the rest of their damaged lives as medical dependents playing "let's pretend that we're not pretending."

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Site is being wonky and quote stopped working?

What is a crock of crap is not everyone buys into your gender critical ideology hook, line and sinker and doesn't agree with all your so very less than original talking points and you know damn well the "attacks" on those of your ilk are reactionary responses to being attacked and dehumanized first but I will concede that two wrongs don’t make a right and there’s no justification for it. Clearly it makes you unhappy that not everyone agrees with every negative thing you have to say about trans people and you can’t deny that you have very little positive to say and when you do it comes across as insincere and gratuitous.

Don't expect me to defend the trans activists, especially the loud and noisy AGP’s. I find them to be as toxic and offensive as you gender crits and the whole thing is a raging flustercluck as far as I'm concerned especially in the UK where you seem to have aligned yourself with the worst of the worst and if I had to place value on who is doing more harm to the mental state of trans children and making them feel bad about themselves, it would be people like you and the majority sharing your ideology. What kid wants to be further marginalized or grow up in a world where they feel unwelcome or outright hated because they are different beyond their control.

As I've already stated, I have genuine sympathy for the true gender dysphoric... I have pity for the autogynephiles enslaved by their sexual fetish... I even have some empathy for the gender (stereotype) confused.

Maybe you’ve convinced yourself of this but I’m not buying it. You are the unchallenged leader in the anti-trans brigade around here and throwing in an occasional “I don’t hate trans people” into your screeds doesn’t convince me or anyone else that you really mean it. You paint with the broadest of brushes and as much as you try, your thinly veiled contempt for all trans folk shines clearly through whether you think it does or not. Others have even questioned why you keep going on and on about all this and I can only think you’ve self-appointed yourself as the noble protector and defender of “women’s safety and rights” or maybe just relish in the stars and flags but quite honestly, I don’t need you campaigning on my behalf, at least not with your tactics.

Why are you all so threatened by all this anyway when I am not at least not enough to make thread after thread out of the fear that a couple of bad apple trans people might piss in your punchbowl. Not everyone feels like you do or lives apparently in fear that trans people are going to take something away from our womanhood or steal our children by existing when you know your gender critical points of view are outside of the mainstream of the LGB community as a whole and that the majority of Americans support transgender rights.

We probably agree on a lot more things than we disagree on but you are so caustic to deal with at times which admittedly does at times make me want to respond in kind but I’m really trying not to do that because it is unproductive and stands little chance of us ever finding common ground to be able to find amenable solutions but here we are once again hurling insults back and forth like children. Is there a way to fix this?

Clearly you are well read on these issues, I’ll grant you that and you are totally entitled to your ideas and positions but I am also knowledgeable in this area and have actual experience with the lives of trans children and young adults that you seem to have acquired from reading and being indoctrinated by all the popular gender crit media and being sucked head over heels into it. That scares me more than crazy trans people.

I’d suggest we meet for coffee one day but I would be afraid how that would turn out without a neutral referee. Not so much that I would overreact, I’m actually a pretty mellow grandma with a 22-year old grandchild and a 45-year old daughter but through your postings here, you seem like a militant activist and generally like someone I would like to avoid regardless of the topic. Am I wrong for having this impression?

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
a reply to: Kalamitous

Like many, I didn't have a problem with transgender people UNTIL I learned more about it. And it was transgender persons themselves who made the absolute worst impression of all, with their bullying, harassment, insults, de-platforming, and outright physical attacks on women -- REAL women -- who dared to express disagreement. Women who dared to protect women's rights and women's privacy and women's needs.

But I will not tolerate the Trans Activist abuse against others -- especially children -- or the trampling of women's safety and rights, to be forced to roleplay in a grownass man's sexual fetish. And you know where they can shove their "cotton ceiling," right???

If you want to make a valuable and needed difference, start with the Trans Activists who turned so many once allies against them with their own bad behavior. Then start respecting the rights and freedoms of other people.

Especially the mental, physical, emotional and sexual health and well being of our kids. Stop telling them that they're not good enough just the way they are and that they need to spend the rest of their damaged lives as medical dependents playing "let's pretend that we're not pretending."

But society has been telling girls and women all along that they are just not good enough hence the physical alteration surgeries, suicides, addiction, etc. I don't see you threading about that, nor even the new scourge of e-cigs (vaping) harming kids? Some would think that you are obsessed with this topic alone.

Take a look at death among children stats in the article below...suicide may be the alternative to not getting medical/psychological intervention.

People who try to take their own life are often trying to get away from a situation that seems impossible to deal with. Many who attempt suicide are seeking relief from: Feeling ashamed, guilty, or like a burden to others Feeling like a victim Feelings of rejection, loss, or loneliness

medlineplus.gov...

medlineplus.gov...

This whole thread seems to be insinuating these children are victims of the medical community and their parents.
edit on 19CDT07America/Chicago05370730 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Keep pandering to people with electronic brain problems.

Something as straight forward as having sex....the human body was specifically designed for males to be with females.

Sorry but the butt is not a sexual organ.

Do not enter!!!
One way street!!!

If they cant figure that out, how are they supposed to figure more complex things?

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Keep pandering to people with electronic brain problems.

Something as straight forward as having sex....the human body was specifically designed for males to be with females.

Sorry but the butt is not a sexual organ.

Do not enter!!!
One way street!!!

If they cant figure that out, how are they supposed to figure more complex things?

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jg513

originally posted by: rickymouse
a reply to: Boadicea

That is one thousand deaths per year. How many other side effects are being felt by these kids over that time? It appears that the treatment may do more harm than good overall. I think that someone just sitting down and talking to these kids and explaining that everyone has different amounts of hormones and different kinds of personalities is a lot better than altering ones sex. A kid can become gay or bi. We have to start teaching the kids in school not to pick on a boy because he is less masculine, that not all guys need to be football players or into sports. Teach them that tomboys can be tomboys, girls do not need to change their sex if they are a Tomboy.

Teach the kids it is not ok to deceive others by changing your sex. Honesty is the best way to do things, the people profiting from doing sex change procedures are not apt to be honest, they will use specifically collected evidence to trick people into believing that changing ones sex is better. Some of them actually believe the crap they push. I feel kind of sorry for the kids being tricked into getting their sex changed and kind of sorry that their parents have been BSed into believing the huge expense is necessary.

I know gay people, I know people who are more or less hormone driven or seem to be driven on the oposite hormones they are supposed to have. I know a few people changing their sex, I am sorry, but I think they have been misled. Both the people I know going through the procedure are nice people, they would find someone to love them someday, I think there are deceivers pushing this to guarantee their jobs.

Why would doctors be pushing it to make money or for job security if the trans community is such a small percentage of the population? Sorry bub but that line of thinking makes absolutely no sense at all. Endocronologists are the specalists that actually handle transgendered patients. They also specialize in diabetes and a full list of other # regarding hormones. theres enough fat overweight people in this country with preventable diabetes that the doctors your refering to have job security for life. So once again why would they need job security?

Also being gay and bi is a totally different thing than being transgender. The fact that you think a trans person would be happy as can be to just be gay man or woman instead of transitioning is actually laughable. How about instead if just telling kids not to make fun of gay people we *gasp* teach kids not to bully people who are different for any reason! That would be the best course of action because trans kids are still gonna exists regardless because just like being gay, they're born that way. Trans people aren't out in force trying to trick/turn every kid they come across into being transgender....they're merley telling people that its ok and not wrong if you are... which it's not...... I know! mind boggling!

And therin lies the problem. The majority of ats and the village terf(the op) wanna act like its a problem just because people are saying theres nothing wrong with being transgender.... and because they're no longer being put on the back burner, swept under the rug and forgotten about, all of a sudden were out to get ya kids and turn the whole world trans.

Lastly you don't have to be sorry because you feel the trans community at large has been "misled" your entitled to your opinion regardless of how ignorant.
But I think myself and the rest of the trans community will continue living OUR lives the way we see fit.

Diabetes is a disease. People who do not feel comfortable in society because of hormones is not a disease.

There are psychologists and therapists around here that specialize in that and it fills up their appointment books to talk to these people and discuss the sex change stuff. There are endocrinologists adjusting these kids hormones to change their sex, they could just as well adjust the hormones to make them feel like their own born sex. This is a sales scam that is being fed to the public. I was not a high testosterone kid, I did not fit in with high testosterone guys. So I became a nerd in high school and when I was about sixteen, I actually started producing a more, but still not a lot. When I was young, I learned to talk to girls and women better because I was not loaded with T. I learned how they think, does that mean I should have gotten my sex changed? I have two great daughters and grandkids, I am glad I grew up in the sixties and seventies now.

Open your eyes, even if you believe in this because you know someone who works with these kids, what we need to do is explain to the kids that there are lots of others like them and that society is full of jerks. That they should hang around with others like themselves and explain that diet can alter hormones to some extent. They are being given an option that should not be given.

Yes, I spent a lot of time researching this subject to arrive at my opinion, I know all about the hormone issues, I also know a lot of how phytoestrogens found in foods can alter hormones. I know that beer containing a clarifier, bromelaine, found in pineapple stems and cores, can increase testosterone levels. There are lots of ways to alter hormone levels in the body. You can bring yourself back more towards the sex you were born with with diet or bring yourself farther towards the opposite sex with diet. Not every guy needs to be a stud, not every girl needs to have huge breasts and drive guys nuts from the smell of their estrogen.

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I don't trust the source, it's a catholic website. They are known for having sex with children, and making up lies about other communities.

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I've got a young friend on these kinds of drugs. Well had a friend. He over time became more and more irrational and I'd say almost psychotic from the drugs he's been taking to make him feminine. Yep he aint becoming a woman, and is keeping his dick, he just wants everything else to be female.
He hates everything 'masculine'

It breaks my heart, each passing month he just seemed to be getting more and more insane and I have to agree, definitely a drop in his IQ.

After so many hours talking to him, turns out he has low testosterone. THAT is his problem. Me if I found out I had low testosterone, well I would get that treated. Get the actual problem fixed.
But nope, with encouragement from the wrong people he decided to embrace the defect and make it worse.

I'd honestly love to kick the asses of the doctors who have given him these drugs, encouraged his delusions.
They should all be banned from practicing medicine.

Always thought a doctors job was to heal people. Not make their conditions worse.

But yeah, he fits the stereotype. Raised by a single mother, no good male influences in his life. Too much time indoors living on the internet and all that exposes people with zero self discipline to. Drinks the soy based lattes.
Never had to face his problems, on a tonne of anti depressants because "life is hard". Feel sad? Here's a pill.

Pisses me off no end, because I know had circumstances been different, had he had positive male influences in his life, had he been taught to face life he'd be a man, and not this angry 'thing' he's become.

Now just spews 'transphobia' at every one who doesn't agree with him, and cuts them out of his life. I'd been making progress with him. But aslong came some new drugs and increased dosages and it was all undone over night.

Gender confused is a thing, because trust me he is confused and it's these goddamn awful drugs making him that way.
His problems were social and could of been fixed socially. It's the drugs that turned his problems into one of brain chemistry.

I could see the difference I and my friends were making with him. We brought him into our very heterosexual masculine gaming group, the kind of male group he had never been exposed to before, showed him masculinity is a good thing for males. That like anything it's decency that makes the human, not their genitals. How we behave. That most men are not EVIL like he'd been exposed to. Any more than women are evil more or less than males.

But you cannot win against a drug affected brain. Be it heroin or hormones, # that messes with your head messes with your head.

It's like watching a person who can swim simply drown because they've been told swimming is bad enough times they believe it.

And no we weren't all Alpha. He wanted to be called by his 'female' name, we did it, nobody pointed out his 'transgender' except him, like every 5 minutes. We treated him as an equal, we forced nothing on him and just led by example. (My group has zero tolerance for bullying, peer pressure, racism, sexism and all that guff.)
The only sticking point was I told him repeatedly, I accept him for who he is, I respect his choices for his own life and body, but I will not and never will call someone with a penis "she" or "her", that I am not doing mental gymnastics every time I meet people remembering a billion different pronouns just to make others happy.

I will tolerate things, I will respect people, but I will not be forced to accept something that defies my own common sense, nor will I be made to think and act as others wish me too.
Tolerance, respect and understanding etc. is after all a two way street.

Flexibility and compromise from EVERYBODY is needed for any society or community to function.

It really does break my heart. He cut me off, I was his last life line and I can tell you now I will not be surprised when in 12 months from now someone tells me he has killed himself.

Changing gender did not and will not make him happy. It has just made him more miserable and he will never see that now.
He was starting to. I was getting through to him. He was starting to listen that maybe the best solution was to fix his testosterone problems, get some sun induced vitamin D. But those damn #ing doctors..... if he dies those #ers are the ones responsible for killing him.

He is mentally ill, he has admitted it himself, and they are just happy to grow the sickness and tell him what he is thinking and feeling is normal.

Again I would seriously go beat the living daylights out of them if I could. The people that did this to him are nothing short of monsters.

If what they have done to this young adult is being done to children, then those people are child abusers and nothing less.
If you disagree, I'd normally say I respect your opinion. But on this no. If you support this you are just plain evil to me.
I cannot respect people actively encouraging sick people to make themselves sicker and harm themselves.
You're worse than animals and I wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire.

You people have cost me too many friends, and no doubt you'll take a few more down before you're done.
I'm not religious, but I do hope there is a hell and there is a special spot in it for people like you.

It's high time the sane majority that is still here started fixing these stupid problems. Clearly we cannot leave it up to government any more.
Squeaky wheels are gonna doom us all. And if they do it'll be our fault for not stepping up.

Only we can save ourselves. Why won't we do it?

Goddamn I am so #ing mad right now, mostly because I feel so goddamn powerless. I'm one man. I can't stop this madness on my own.
edit on 26-9-2019 by AtomicKangaroo because: typo or two probably more in there, their, they're.

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 12:14 PM
link   
TL;DR

Tell me how supporting someone removing limbs or genitals is in any way something a sane person would do?
How do you rationalize it making sense in your brain?

Say to yourself "I AM OKAY WITH KIDS CUTTING OFF THEIR PENISES/HAVING THEIR UTERUS REMOVED", convince me that in no way sounds #ed up.

Only someone truly mentally ill could think it's ok. God these same damn people will then be crying in the same breathe "female genital mutilation is BAD!"

Convince me you're sane if you're okay with 'gender reassignment'......
edit on 26-9-2019 by AtomicKangaroo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Theyy

Proof?

Most pedophiles are often just like non-pedophiles. most males and female pedo's are still heterosexual.

A report done by the Australian government in 2015 (I'll let you google it) Stated that the very vast majority of males who claimed to be sexually assaulted as adults or children claimed it was done so by a female. I'm sure it would be similar in other Western countries.

Catholics have sex with children? Well guess what, so do atheist pedophiles, so do Muslim, Jew, Buddhist and Mormon pedophiles, so do Feminist, Gay and Trans Pedophiles.
Male and Female Pedophiles too. Black White. If they're pedophile they want to, or do have sex with children.

But of course what you probably mean is "Catholic Priests" and clearly wish to express your hate for all things catholic.

Because if it was about pedophiles, you wouldn't feel the need to single out one particular group, but would call them all out.

Try to say what you mean in future. No need to beat around the bush.
edit on 26-9-2019 by AtomicKangaroo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Administering drugs to children which alter physiology when the problem is clearly psychological and people are surprised it causes harm.

This whole transgender movement is quite possibly the most abhorrent abuse of medical care in my lifetime.

Disgusting.

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kalamitous

You don't fix it with drugs and surgeries, you fix it by saying it isn't broke in the first place.

study revealed that beginning about 10 years after having the surgery, the transgendered [sic] began to experience increasing mental difficulties. Most shockingly, their suicide mortality rose almost 20-fold above the comparable nontransgender population.

They want to fix something they see as broken, told they are broken, and they can't...

Dr. Paul R. McHugh, the former psychiatrist-in-chief for Johns Hopkins Hospital and its current Distinguished Service Professor of Psychiatry, said that transgenderism is a “mental disorder” that merits treatment, that sex change is “biologically impossible,” and that people who promote sexual reassignment surgery are collaborating with and promoting a mental disorder.

The key here is “biologically impossible” so stop with the drugs and surgeries. Let them learn who they are with the body they have.

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 04:04 PM
link   

… they could just as well adjust the hormones to make them feel like their own born sex.

…Yes, I spent a lot of time researching this subject to arrive at my opinion, I know all about the hormone issues,

Hi! I’ve read a lot of your posts and know you’re a smart guy and have a lot of knowledge about health related stuff and I respect your opinions and information and have learned a lot from your posts but you’ve kind of missed the mark with this one and I’d kindly like to suggest you dig a little deeper into this specific area.

This may help for a start:

Being Transgender Has Nothing to Do with Hormonal Imbalance
Transgender Study Rules Out Hormones As Factor
Baseline Physiologic and Psychosocial Characteristics of Transgender Youth Seeking Care for Gender Dysphoria

Attempting to cure/treat trans people with massive doses of same sex hormones was tried for decades and into the 1970’s along with things like electroconvulsive shock therapy and a host of other psychotropic drugs and institutionalization with disastrous outcomes. I’ve read horror stories of some that have lived through this and have heard the tales of others that were driven to suicide because of these practices.

The topic here is blockers for transgender children beginning puberty appalled at the prospect of developing the secondary sex characteristics of their natal sex. If a child is distressed with the fear of their voice cracking and developing facial hair, a masculine build and male facial features in the case of trans girls, giving them testosterone so that they’ll “man up” is most likely to send them spiraling into psychological disintegration and suicidal ideation. That’s one reason today you see so few trans children from the 50’s and 60’s and into the 1970’s. It’s not that they didn’t exist, it’s just that the ones treated as you suggest didn’t didn’t survive what is now considered to be a barbaric and incredibly damaging approach.

Let’s not forget natal females are trans too and if you think adding more estrogen and progesterone into their bodies will help them not be trans, you really might need to think a little harder about what you’re suggesting.

It’s just a thought. Thanks for your consideration.

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Love how they use the FDA in the title but no links provided to the source of this FDA information they are talking about.
edit on 26-9-2019 by jidnum because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Jesus.. Who in the hell believes in children choosing their gender? I don't need any scientific studies to know that's absolutely retarded.

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 04:38 PM
link   

… they could just as well adjust the hormones to make them feel like their own born sex.

…Yes, I spent a lot of time researching this subject to arrive at my opinion, I know all about the hormone issues,

Hi! I’ve read a lot of your posts and know you’re a smart guy and have a lot of knowledge about health related stuff and I respect your opinions and information and have learned a lot from your posts but you’ve kind of missed the mark with this one and I’d kindly like to suggest you dig a little deeper into this specific area.

This may help for a start:

Being Transgender Has Nothing to Do with Hormonal Imbalance
Transgender Study Rules Out Hormones As Factor
Baseline Physiologic and Psychosocial Characteristics of Transgender Youth Seeking Care for Gender Dysphoria

Attempting to cure/treat trans people with massive doses of same sex hormones was tried for decades and into the 1970’s along with things like electroconvulsive shock therapy and a host of other psychotropic drugs and institutionalization with disastrous outcomes. I’ve read horror stories of some that have lived through this and have heard the tales of others that were driven to suicide because of these practices.

The topic here is blockers for transgender children beginning puberty appalled at the prospect of developing the secondary sex characteristics of their natal sex. If a child is distressed with the fear of their voice cracking and developing facial hair, a masculine build and male facial features in the case of trans girls, giving them testosterone so that they’ll “man up” is most likely to send them spiraling into psychological disintegration and suicidal ideation. That’s one reason today you see so few trans children from the 50’s and 60’s and into the 1970’s. It’s not that they didn’t exist, it’s just that the ones treated as you suggest didn’t didn’t survive what is now considered to be a barbaric and incredibly damaging approach.

Let’s not forget natal females are trans too and if you think adding more estrogen and progesterone into their bodies will help them not be trans, you really might need to think a little harder about what you’re suggesting.

It’s just a thought. Thanks for your consideration.

People survived before without getting meds for changing a kids sex and there were a lot less suicides thirty to forty years ago in teens than there are now. Nobody even considered it an option to change their sex back then. Kids did all right, kids just need a few good friends and something to do. It is today's society that created all of this change your sex crap.

I believe people can do what they want to with their own bodies, but not with changing their kids bodies, kids seem to have different likes and dislikes every few weeks. just because they say they want something this month does not mean they want it next month or two years down the road. But if the parents keep telling them it is their option and it may help, they are in essence brainwashing their kids.

I liked plunking on the piano and was good at that and making my own tunes on the guitar, so my parents stuck me in band and I sat in there for two years, I refused to play the saxaphone they bought me, I liked chemistry and science. Just because I was supposedly a genius, didn't mean I liked playing instraments like Einstein did.

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero
I really don't mean to be difficult but quoting outdated research from the widely discredited Dr. Paul McHugh, another Catholic anti-trans crusader and current board member of the SPLC designated hate group, The American College of Pediatrics, hardly presents a persuasive argument.

But Johns Hopkins you might say and how he was responsible for shuttering their gender clinic in the 1970's which was his stated intent when hired for this position. To read more:

Meet The Doctor Social Conservatives Depend On To Justify Anti-Transgender Hate
The Problems with Citing Dr. Paul McHugh
In 'Sun' op-ed, Johns Hopkins faculty members disavow report on gender, sexuality
Clingi ng to a dangerous past: Dr Paul McHugh’s selective reading of transgender medical literature
Debunking Dr. Paul McHugh
The Wall Street Journal’s Ignorance on LGBTQ Issues Is Alarming

Incidentally, due to further study and research the gender clinic at Johns Hopkins has reopened and is once again serving transgender patients.

Since we all seem to be so successful in finding resources to support our various positions, I'll take this opportunity to just throw in a few more of my own.

Mental Health of Transgender Children Who Are Supported in Their Identities
The pernicious junk science stalking trans kids
Mental Health and Self-Worth in Socially Transitioned Transgender Youth
San Diego clinic finds high need for treatment of transgender youth
Puberty Suppression in a Gender-Dysphoric Adolescent: A 22-Year Follow-Up
Young Adult Psychological Outcome After Puberty Suppression and Gender Reassignment

As I've said before, puberty suppression and the treatment of transgender children is a complex issue and varies on a case-by-case basis. Do I think all kids claiming to be trans should be automatically put on blockers? Absolutely not and only after thorough evaluation and diagnosis by a qualified team of multidisciplinary medical professionals and only in rare cases and usually as a measure of last resort when all indicators are completely taken into consideration.

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jg513

originally posted by: FredT
Wow despite calling out the source and the title in the OP but seriously it has as much objectivity as a tobacco institute article. But well sourced? Its a bit of cherry picking to be fair

Yes all drugs are dangerous and yes the hormone blocking drugs are as well. But this is clearly written as a Catholic hit piece by an author who is at best a RCC fan girl

www.ncregister.com...

I think myself and the majority of society will continue to do whats right for the trans child. If YOU as a parent feel thats not right for your child and you'd rather risk YOUR child commiting suicide than undergoing treatment that the mahority of doctors claim is actually benifical, then by all means go right ahead. But because parents decide to do whats actually right by their trans child doesn't mean they're bad parents or as another enlightend ats poster stated "should be brought out back and humanely dispatched"....Its actually the opposite and they made or make that decision because the actually care.

But there's the rub. A man already decided he didn't want this for his 6 y/o child, and his spouse and the court have forced the issue. The child is not consistent, in that under the watchful eyes of therapists the child when with mom picks the girl name, and when with dad picks the boy name. The court has prohibited the child's father from dressing him as a boy or from sharing faith-based or biologically-based scientific teachings on sexuality.

So, we can't worry about our own gd kids anymore without the courts getting involved, because of the precedent set.
edit on 26-9-2019 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2019 @ 05:40 PM
link   

a reply to: Xtrozero
I really don't mean to be difficult but quoting outdated research from the widely discredited Dr. Paul McHugh, another Catholic anti-trans crusader and current board member of the SPLC designated hate group, The American College of Pediatrics, hardly presents a persuasive argument.

But Johns Hopkins you might say and how he was responsible for shuttering their gender clinic in the 1970's which was his stated intent when hired for this position. To read more:

Meet The Doctor Social Conservatives Depend On To Justify Anti-Transgender Hate
The Problems with Citing Dr. Paul McHugh
In 'Sun' op-ed, Johns Hopkins faculty members disavow report on gender, sexuality
Clingi ng to a dangerous past: Dr Paul McHugh’s selective reading of transgender medical literature
Debunking Dr. Paul McHugh
The Wall Street Journal’s Ignorance on LGBTQ Issues Is Alarming

Incidentally, due to further study and research the gender clinic at Johns Hopkins has reopened and is once again serving transgender patients.

Since we all seem to be so successful in finding resources to support our various positions, I'll take this opportunity to just throw in a few more of my own.

Mental Health of Transgender Children Who Are Supported in Their Identities
The pernicious junk science stalking trans kids
Mental Health and Self-Worth in Socially Transitioned Transgender Youth
San Diego clinic finds high need for treatment of transgender youth
Puberty Suppression in a Gender-Dysphoric Adolescent: A 22-Year Follow-Up
Young Adult Psychological Outcome After Puberty Suppression and Gender Reassignment

As I've said before, puberty suppression and the treatment of transgender children is a complex issue and varies on a case-by-case basis. Do I think all kids claiming to be trans should be automatically put on blockers? Absolutely not and only after thorough evaluation and diagnosis by a qualified team of multidisciplinary medical professionals and only in rare cases and usually as a measure of last resort when all indicators are completely taken into consideration.

How about no kids be put on blockers. And then when they're actually old enough, they can transition on their own.
edit on 26-9-2019 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join