It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FDA: Thousands of Deaths Associated With Drugs Given to ‘Trans’ Children

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Very interesting... now when I go to the FDA website, a popup disclaimer pops up explaining that the reports may or may not be caused by the drugs. You even have to click twice to get past it and then it only takes you to a search page! Hmmmm...

You can, however, see a screen shot of the FDA page here.

If someone knows how to post the pic here, please do

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 10:12 PM
link   
These chuckers putting kids on this are insane. Wtf are people doing? I don’t get it. Never will. These people belong in the same boat as antivaxers.
edit on 2-10-2019 by willzilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: willzilla
These chuckers putting kids on this are insane. Wtf are people doing? I don’t get it. Never will. These people belong in the same boat as antivaxers.

It appears the alternative is either suicide or death, which is better? No easy answers here, so let's reflect.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 10:59 PM
link   
When my daughter was little she was not growing. Liver disease from birth and etc. There was a HUGE debate about to give or not give her additional growth hormones because the liver is vital in hormones and etc. Well they voted not to because of the serious and significant risks and we would all just play it by ear as she grew. Come to find out she did not need them and thank god we didnt give them to her because some of these side effects and risks were over the top frightening...

Saying that, no... children shouldnt be given these hormones They dont have liver disease, but like her they are growing and things are truly changing in the body. Massive changes. An established median age of hormonal stability should be recognized, but even then every case should be handled individually. This is a complete no brainer to me.

ETA.. She is dead. Earlier this year. Thanks anyway.
edit on 2-10-2019 by Advantage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Advantage

We are not doctors nor scientists involved in this specific area, so we really don't know the medical implications.

I am glad your daughter is doing well now but lets keep on topic - hormones proposed to give to her for her condition have nothing to do with hormones given to someone else for a completely different condition.
edit on 110CDT11America/Chicago007111131 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

We are not doctors nor scientists involved in this specific area, so we really don't know the medical implications.

Google it then. SPeak to a Dr. Look up articles and research in medical journals. Thats what I do before making a decision on a subject. Unfortunately I had a team of Drs throwing information at me that was hair raising. I promise, Im not being an ass this time.. though I am 99% of the time. I very sincerely invite you to do some research on it and its simply not only not wirth the risk but there is no guarantee that the effects will be what youre predicting they will be when being given to a changing body.

As far as my heart goes, I dont give one good goddamn who youre poking or what or what you do behind closed doors as long as its not with kids or puppies ( or.. chickens etc) but this isnt about sex, TG, TS, whatever.. this is about children and their physiology ... and future being effected by Dr Frankenstein big pharma.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Advantage

Google it then. SPeak to a Dr. Look up articles and research in medical journals. Thats what I do before making a decision on a subject. Unfortunately I had a team of Drs throwing information at me that was hair raising. I promise, Im not being an ass this time.. though I am 99% of the time. I very sincerely invite you to do some research on it and its simply not only not wirth the risk but there is no guarantee that the effects will be what youre predicting they will be when being given to a changing body.

As far as my heart goes, I dont give one good goddamn who youre poking or what or what you do behind closed doors as long as its not with kids or puppies ( or.. chickens etc) but this isnt about sex, TG, TS, whatever.. this is about children and their physiology ... and future being effected by Dr Frankenstein big pharma.

Your dreams aren't reality and again, we are not medical scientists and not all they do is Frenkenstein-ish.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

People are nuts, I would not even give my dog the snip, when he was a puppy, because his breed has issues when there older and there not growing properly because of it.

But I guess its OK to give kids hormones and puberty blocking drugs as its trendy to do so.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: galadofwarthethird

People are nuts, I would not even give my dog the snip, when he was a puppy, because his breed has issues when there older and there not growing properly because of it.

But I guess its OK to give kids hormones and puberty blocking drugs as its trendy to do so.

Yes, you are guessing.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight
Hey I am all for transgender people or people doing whatever it is they want to do. Was even sort of, kind of, but not really, well maybe sometimes internet friends with such a person for a while on this site. We were the bestest of internet friends.

But alas, even good things dont last. That and it was one huge case of little man syndrome I have ever seen, or maybe little woman, to tell the truth I don't know. In any case pretty sure she was just jealous of me because I could reach the top cupboards without having to use a ladder. Short people are weird like that.

On that I would guess as who knows what people do, or feel, or have high opinions on.

However on giving children drugs that can mess with there development both physical and mental, there is no guess. It does happen. And drugs do work. Or else there would be no multi billion dollar industry around all the drugs out there in all there forms, from the happy pills to the not so happy pills, to this stuff and hormone blockers, everything has an effect.

But hey! Like I said. I would not give that stuff to my dog. But people are free to give it to there kids, as it is there kids.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 01:59 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks
Thank you underworks. I would give you more than one star if I could.

originally posted by: Boadicea
That's over 1,000 deaths per year over the six-year period.

Oh, you mean 159.25 deaths per year over a forty-year period. They didn’t start giving trans kids puberty blockers in this country until about 10 to 12 years ago. That’s some top notch fear mongering at its best! Good job! Quite typical and expected though so I don’t need to say more.

A viral fake news story linked trans health care to 'thousands' of deaths

Much more likely, Safer said, is that the 6,370 deaths over four decades the FDA lists as connected to this drug are in terminally ill cancer patients who are prescribed Lupron as a palliative, not curative, treatment.

Also from the discrediting story and a point I have been trying to make all along.

“Every decision in medicine involves weighing risks and benefits,” said Jack Turban, a resident physician in psychiatry who researches transgender youth at the Massachusetts General Hospital. Turban said that for trans youth, “the potential mental health benefits of pubertal suppression far outweigh any potential risks.”

“Allowing puberty to progress is not a neutral decision for many transgender youth,” Turban said. “Many of these youth see their mental health drastically deteriorate as puberty starts to progress. While pubertal suppression is reversible, puberty itself is not.”

Do I think all or even most kids claiming to be transgender should automatically be put on blockers? No, I do not, however, on an individual case-by-case basis after careful evaluation, diagnosis and therapy, it should be considered as an option.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 05:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: willzilla

I'm seeing anti-vaxxers brought into this debate more and more lately... by both sides. Many people are more inclined to think it's all just Big Pharma pushing their drugs onto anyone and everyone they can and damn the torpedoes ahead...

I'm more inclined to go with the latter though. Not an anti-vaxxer necessarily. But I'm definitely anti forced vax.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 05:18 AM
link   

My deepest condolences, Advantage. My heart goes out to you.

What a decision you had to make. I'm glad you were given the information you needed to do so. One of my biggest fears is that these kids (and their parents) are being told it's completely reversible. As I understand it, that's dependent on many factors, known and unknown. And, of course, everyone will respond/react differently as well. So of course it's probably not possible to make any promises for anyone with these drugs.

I doubt we can even be sure those who seem to bounce right back really do. We can't know what harm may have been caused or damage wrought internally.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 05:20 AM
link   

...hormones proposed to give to her for her condition have nothing to do with hormones given to someone else for a completely different condition.

Because the magical gender essence of trans kids protects them from the same negative side effects and adverse events other kids suffer??? Of course not.

Drugs are drugs and do what they do, good and bad, for better and worse, to trans kids and every kid.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 05:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: galadofwarthethird

I've heard before that dogs and cats should be allowed to go through one "heat" before being spayed/neutered, in order to ensure they develop and age properly, for least health issues later in life. Of course, vets will spay/neuter them pretty young anyway.

But going through puberty and normal development is at least as important for people as for pets I would think!

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

...hormones proposed to give to her for her condition have nothing to do with hormones given to someone else for a completely different condition.

Because the magical gender essence of trans kids protects them from the same negative side effects and adverse events other kids suffer??? Of course not.

Drugs are drugs and do what they do, good and bad, for better and worse, to trans kids and every kid.

I was just reading the Standards of Care and so should you to better understand the risks as well as what is reversible and what is irreversible.

www.wpath.org...

Also, I was reading suicide stats and so should you.

A survey of trans people in the UK found that a completed medical transition was shown to greatly reduce rates of suicidal ideation and attempts, in contrast to those at other stages of transition (imminently transitioning or beginning transition). 67% of transitioning people thought about suicide pre-transition and only 3% post-transition (Bailey et al., 2014).

www.suicideinfo.ca...

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join