It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FDA: Thousands of Deaths Associated With Drugs Given to ‘Trans’ Children

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+34 more 
posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 06:31 AM
link   
This is probably the biggest and fattest red line of all the red lines in the transgender debate today. It should be.

Fatal blood clots, suicidal behavior, lowered IQs, brittle bones and sterility are just a few of the potential side effects of ‘puberty blockers’ that the transgender industry doesn’t want talked about.

To be clear, because the title is somewhat ambiguous, this is addressing everyone who has taken these drugs, not just trans kids who have taken the drugs. For trans kids, they are used to block puberty. They have also been prescribed for precocious puberty. And endometriosis. But they are only FDA approved for prostate cancer and uterine pain in adults. All other uses -- especially for children -- is considered experimental. Many with catastrophic results.

...children and teens are implanted with hormone-blocker-releasing rods or taught to self-inject the drugs to “pause” their adolescence and prevent developmental changes, like growth of breasts and facial hair while they decide on which sex they would like to identify.

The practice recently gained the endorsement of the Endocrine Society and the American Academy of Pediatrics, but the Food and Drug Administration has not licensed the drugs for transgender medicine due to lack of supportive evidence. They are approved for treating prostate cancer and uterine pain in adults. The agency has recorded more than 41,000 adverse events reported with their use between 2013 and June 30, 2019.

More than 26,000 of the events associated with the two hormone blockers, Leuprolide acetate and triptorelin (which includes Lupron and similar drugs used by clinics), were classified by the federal agency as “serious,” including 6,370 deaths. The drugs, which dramatically lower testosterone and estrogen levels in the body, are linked to life-threatening blood clots and other complaints, include brittle bones and joint pain.

That's over 1,000 deaths per year over the six-year period. Given the increase in use by trans kids, it's safe to assume some of those deaths were trans kids, and many of the other serious adverse effects were definitely trans kids.
Another serious concern is the negative effect on mental abilities:

Puberty is also a time of tremendous brain changes, when gray matter becomes denser — which may explain why puberty blockers have been found to lower IQ.

One 2016 study found that girls treated with puberty blockers had an eight-point lower IQ score than controls who did not receive the treatment. This was similar to the seven-point IQ drop from 100 to 93 reported among 25 girls who took puberty blockers for two years for early puberty and a nine-point IQ drop in a study of a 12-year-old boy 28 months after taking the blockers.

“Proponents of the drugs claim the effects are reversible, but we don’t know what will happen in all the cases,” Laidlaw said.

The article is worth the read, and includes many links (including to the studies cited above). Some might balk at the source -- the National Catholic Register -- but their content is well sourced and linked.

Puberty blockers are dangerous drugs. They are not harmless and not necessarily reversible. We should all be screaming bloody murder about what's being done to our kids under the guise of "gender affirmation." That's about the only way to be heard over the Trans Activists crying "transphobia" and "TERF" and "bigot." It's outright medical (and I would say emotional) abuse and it's unconscionable.

Let kids be as gender nonconforming as they like! But we must stop the drugging and maiming and sterilizing... we must stop breaking our kids.

+12 more 
posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 06:38 AM
link   
I still don't understand how people would NOT think messing with a developing body and mind wouldn't lead to serious consequences.
Parents should be smarter than this, but alas, here we are.
Gone are the days of knowing whats best for your child.
Here are the days where kids tell their parents what's best for themselves.
These are (some of) the results.

+13 more 
posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Kids cannot drive to the doctors.

Kids cannot prescribe medicine

Kids cannot pay for medicine

Liberal parents with these kids are just ducking evil humans.

Want to say the doctors are evil, but cannot bring myself to do it. They could be afraid of loosing all their hard work from a crazy liberal parent suing them for being ‘transphobic’ while protecting their kids. Especially if you get a liberal judge.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Sounds like someone signed off to turn the next generation into lab mice. How hormone blockers cause all kinds of developmental problems is an easy one to figure out. How doctors and parents can push this onto their kids is a tougher one to figure out.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: o0oTOPCATo0o
I still don't understand how people would NOT think messing with a developing body and mind wouldn't lead to serious consequences.

I don't understand it either. Especially by doctors. I guess "First, do no harm" means nothing these days.

The really sad thing is that many (most) parents are smarter than this. But other authorities are overriding their good sense and parental rights -- doctors, schools, even the courts. Schools are deliberately not telling parents when their kids are "identifying" as the opposite sex. Courts are taking kids away from their parents if they don't accept and consent to medicalizing their kids.

It's insane. And it's cruel.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
Courts are taking kids away from their parents if they don't accept and consent to medicalizing their kids.

I remember hearing about a case, where this happened.
Do you remember if that was in the US?

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: SocratesJohnson
Liberal parents with these kids are just ducking evil humans.

As I noted to another poster, many (most?) parents are not on board with this "gender affirming" treatment, especially the puberty blockers, and eventually cross-sex hormone therapy. Plenty of parents have resisted and/or refused, only to be undermined and overrode by other authorities.

Want to say the doctors are evil, but cannot bring myself to do it. They could be afraid of loosing all their hard work from a crazy liberal parent suing them for being ‘transphobic’ while protecting their kids. Especially if you get a liberal judge.

I vehemently disagree. Doctors should be the ones screaming the loudest! Doctors have the expertise and experience to know better, and to tell the world better. I'm certainly not going to hate on an ignorant parent for believing the lies when the doctors who do know better refuse to speak up. For their own conscience they should be speaking out against this practice.

And, to be fair, many doctors are speaking up. Like these people:

Endocrinologists Warn of Grave Dangers, Sterility Caused by Puberty Blockers and Hormones for Child and Adolescent Gender Dysphoria

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

The other uses are probably patented under prior art to extend the lifetime of the drug patent, preventing generics. Or these pill pushing people are plain sick. Or both.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: o0oTOPCATo0o

I remember hearing about a case, where this happened. Do you remember if that was in the US?

I know there was a case in Minnesota. Mother of Emancipated Trans Daughter Suing Over Transition

This is from British Columbia: Father Gagged, Found Guilty Of ‘Family Violence’ For Calling His Trans Daughter A ‘She’

Here's another one from Texas: Texas dad could lose custody of 6-y-o son for not affirming transgender identity

I know there's more. These are just a few I recalled and could google real quick.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
This is probably the biggest and fattest red line of all the red lines in the transgender debate today. It should be.

Fatal blood clots, suicidal behavior, lowered IQs, brittle bones and sterility are just a few of the potential side effects of ‘puberty blockers’ that the transgender industry doesn’t want talked about.

To be clear, because the title is somewhat ambiguous, this is addressing everyone who has taken these drugs, not just trans kids who have taken the drugs. For trans kids, they are used to block puberty. They have also been prescribed for precocious puberty. And endometriosis. But they are only FDA approved for prostate cancer and uterine pain in adults. All other uses -- especially for children -- is considered experimental. Many with catastrophic results.

...children and teens are implanted with hormone-blocker-releasing rods or taught to self-inject the drugs to “pause” their adolescence and prevent developmental changes, like growth of breasts and facial hair while they decide on which sex they would like to identify.

The practice recently gained the endorsement of the Endocrine Society and the American Academy of Pediatrics, but the Food and Drug Administration has not licensed the drugs for transgender medicine due to lack of supportive evidence. They are approved for treating prostate cancer and uterine pain in adults. The agency has recorded more than 41,000 adverse events reported with their use between 2013 and June 30, 2019.

More than 26,000 of the events associated with the two hormone blockers, Leuprolide acetate and triptorelin (which includes Lupron and similar drugs used by clinics), were classified by the federal agency as “serious,” including 6,370 deaths. The drugs, which dramatically lower testosterone and estrogen levels in the body, are linked to life-threatening blood clots and other complaints, include brittle bones and joint pain.

That's over 1,000 deaths per year over the six-year period. Given the increase in use by trans kids, it's safe to assume some of those deaths were trans kids, and many of the other serious adverse effects were definitely trans kids.
Another serious concern is the negative effect on mental abilities:

Puberty is also a time of tremendous brain changes, when gray matter becomes denser — which may explain why puberty blockers have been found to lower IQ.

One 2016 study found that girls treated with puberty blockers had an eight-point lower IQ score than controls who did not receive the treatment. This was similar to the seven-point IQ drop from 100 to 93 reported among 25 girls who took puberty blockers for two years for early puberty and a nine-point IQ drop in a study of a 12-year-old boy 28 months after taking the blockers.

“Proponents of the drugs claim the effects are reversible, but we don’t know what will happen in all the cases,” Laidlaw said.

The article is worth the read, and includes many links (including to the studies cited above). Some might balk at the source -- the National Catholic Register -- but their content is well sourced and linked.

Puberty blockers are dangerous drugs. They are not harmless and not necessarily reversible. We should all be screaming bloody murder about what's being done to our kids under the guise of "gender affirmation." That's about the only way to be heard over the Trans Activists crying "transphobia" and "TERF" and "bigot." It's outright medical (and I would say emotional) abuse and it's unconscionable.

Let kids be as gender nonconforming as they like! But we must stop the drugging and maiming and sterilizing... we must stop breaking our kids.

Thousands of death from trans drugs = A-OK as far as the government is concerned
7 people die via vaping illness = BAN ALL VAPES!!!

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 07:26 AM
link   

These drugs really exist to keep mom and dad happy.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: PokeyJoe
Thousands of death from trans drugs = A-OK as far as the government is concerned
7 people die via vaping illness = BAN ALL VAPES!!!

Government by the corporations for the corporations with liberty and justice for lobbyists.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 07:29 AM
link   
If it could save even one child's life, shouldn't we take action?

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 07:31 AM
link   

E-cigarettes were banned in Massachusetts.......to protect children..
Funking with children's hormones levels during development years is fine though..

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: drewlander

The other uses are probably patented under prior art to extend the lifetime of the drug patent, preventing generics.

That could be. It wouldn't surprise me at all -- if not this loophole, then they may have found another. I haven't seen anything to that effect, but that just means I haven't seen it!

Or these pill pushing people are plain sick. Or both.

I can go with that too.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: PokeyJoe

Thousands of death from trans drugs = A-OK as far as the government is concerned 7 people die via vaping illness = BAN ALL VAPES!!!

originally posted by: Bluntone22
E-cigarettes were banned in Massachusetts.......to protect children..
Funking with children's hormones levels during development years is fine though..

Yeah, kinda hard to figure out their priorities, eh? I'm not a big fan of vaping -- especially by kids! -- but the double-standard is mind boggling.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
If it could save even one child's life, shouldn't we take action?

Except in this case, to save a life would mean NOT taking action... specifically, doctors NOT prescribing these drugs and the kids never taking these drugs...

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: o0oTOPCATo0o
Gone are the days of knowing whats best for your child.
Here are the days where kids tell their parents what's best for themselves.
These are (some of) the results.

Humans are super super smart now. We've progressed very far from the mud hut dwellers of the past.

We have unlocked and harnessed the powers of nature and in doing so it's time it(nature) step aside to our higher level of knowledge.

WE KNOW WHAT WE'RE DOING, nature is wrong.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Generally, when someone does not go into puberty like they are supposed, it is considered a disease for which they need medical treatment because it has all kinds of negative health effects.

But if little Casey or Riley decides they want to not be a boy or girl, then we can medically give them that disease to make them feel better about themselves, and when they decide which pronoun they want, we can them start loading them up with athletically banned substances in order to fix their medically induced disease.

I see no problems with this. How could the rest of you? /sarc

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

WE KNOW WHAT WE'RE DOING, nature is wrong.

I think you nailed it right there. At least for a lot of folks. A lot of very arrogant and ignorant folks.

There is always a consequence to defying nature. We might get away with it for a while, but nature always catches up. We need to work in harmony with nature for best results.

And this ain't that.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join