It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FDA: Thousands of Deaths Associated With Drugs Given to ‘Trans’ Children

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Kalamitous

Just stop. Stop telling me who I really am. Stop telling me what I really think. Stop telling me what you think of me or my words or my choice of topics to post about or anything else.

I don't care and it's off-topic.

I have made myself very clear. Trans Activists have refused to play nice, have waged a war of intimidation, harassment and other abuse against anyone and everyone that dares to dissent, and have made unreasonable and unrealistic demands on the rest of us. And people are getting hurt. That's not okay. I am not the problem. The problem is Trans Activists, Trans Activism and the Trans agenda.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kalamitous
…As a child begins to distinguish in others that there are boys and girls and that things are masculine and feminine, typically between 18 and 24 months of age, most are usually able to categorize their own gender by age 3. By about age 4, most children understand that their gender is fixed and that they will be male or female when they are older and between 5 and 6, most children are rigid about gender stereotypes and preferences and understand that cosmetic changes, for example girls that wear pants are still female and that if a boy wore a dress, he would still be a boy.

This seems to be a very antiquated description of stereotyping. Today there is a lot less of what you wrote here and kids tend to go the path they feel like going, sometimes back and forth between the stereotypical male or female models.

Young children suffering with extreme gender dysphoria have a profound, fundamental and painful awareness that they are not the gender they are supposed to be

You do know this makes it a mental disorder right? Once again the fix isn't drugs that will never give them what they think they want, and typically will only make matters worse while leading them down a path of deeper depression as they can never be what their disorder wants. Everyone wants to be more of something they are not and once that desire goes in the direction of dysphoria then we have a problem no matter what it is.

One big side effect is destroying any sexual pleasure they might have in life, and that alone can lead to a deep suicide depression when the realization hits them of a "what did I do!".

and they commonly begin to verbalized it around age 3 as their language skills and their understanding of their own gender develop because it is so important to them and extremely distressing so indeed,

I don't believe this outside of adult coaching... You can't convenience me that a three-year-old can determine they are the wrong sex. I know a number of parents that have gay kids and in many cases, they started to be more like girls around the age of 7 and as long as their parents supported it there never was an issue. It seems there is issues in your examples and drugs are the fix.

Let the boy be a girl, and the girl a boy. Once again if the kid thought a girl could be either sexes then there is no issue.

A 6' 3" tall woman with a size 13 shoe, big hands, a masculine frame and male facial features is likely never going to be happy or successful. If your child grows up trans, what parent would want them to have to deal with that?

How about a 300-pound woman, or one that is not attractive at all...This is 2019 things have changed.

It doesn't matter, they will never have a normal life no matter what, and if they go into a relationship even fully transformed physically they need to be 100% truthful upfront or they are in for some serious problems. One thing is for sure is they will have destroyed their ability to be sexually satisfied or to have any kind of positive sexual health, not good...

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
This seems to be a very antiquated description of stereotyping. Today there is a lot less of what you wrote here and kids tend to go the path they feel like going, sometimes back and forth between the stereotypical male or female models.

Thanks for your comments. I used this as a reference. The growth stages of a child's awareness of gender in others and themselves can be found in most any resource in childhood development.

Patterns of Gender Development

Kohlberg's Cognitive Developmental Theory of Gender

Early Childhood Gender Identity and Sexuality

When do children develop their gender identity?

and they commonly begin to verbalized it around age 3 as their language skills and their understanding of their own gender develop because it is so important to them and extremely distressing so indeed...

I don't believe this outside of adult coaching... You can't convenience me that a three-year-old can determine they are the wrong sex

You’ve right! I probably can’t convince you of this unless you’ve studied, witnessed and understand the phenomenon but gender dysphoria to a child of this age is like constantly being poked with a sharp object making them very aware something is fundamentally wrong and that’s why it gets verbalized.

You do know this makes it a mental disorder right?

Even though it has been depathologized by every major health and psychiatric organization in the world, I don’t have a problem with calling it that but I’m sure probably not in the same context that you’ve categorized it as akin to something like believing you’re Napoleon therefore you’re Napoleon such as in schizophrenia or psychosis. It’s really a shame the trans condition i.e. gender dysphoria/transsexualism is so poorly understood.

One big side effect is destroying any sexual pleasure they might have in life, and that alone can lead to a deep suicide depression when the realization hits them of a "what did I do!".

Where do people get this information and why are so many old wive's tales still so prevalent? With today’s modern surgical techniques, nearly all post sex reassignment surgery people can expect sexual satisfaction.

Can transgender women have orgasms after gender-reassignment surgery?

Sexual and Physical Health After Sex Reassignment Surgery

Quality of Life Following Male-To-Female Sex Reassignment Surgery

Why One Trans Woman Wants to Discuss Sex After Surgery

Consider that only a small percentage, somewhere between 10% to maybe 20% on the higher end of transgender people actually have genital sex change surgery. In reality, we’re talking somewhere about 30,000 to 75,000 people out of 7.5 billion that have ever undergone this procedure.

I know a number of parents that have gay kids and in many cases, they started to be more like girls around the age of 7 and as long as their parents supported it there never was an issue. It seems there is issues in your examples and drugs are the fix.

Being gay and having gender dysphoria are not the same thing.

A 6' 3" tall woman with a size 13 shoe, big hands, a masculine frame and male facial features is likely never going to be happy or successful. If your child grows up trans, what parent would want them to have to deal with that?

How about a 300-pound woman, or one that is not attractive at all...This is 2019 things have changed.

No shade or anything against you but you simply don't understand gender dysphoria very well or even maybe at all?

One thing is for sure is they will have destroyed their ability to be sexually satisfied or to have any kind of positive sexual health, not good...

Not true either but oh well, can't say I didn't try.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
a reply to: AtomicKangaroo

Thank you for sharing that -- and thank you for being that awesome guy. It both breaks my heart and absolutely infuriates me. I can't imagine how hard it is for you.

Thank you also for giving real life personal experience, that I just don't have to share. I can read the studies and the literature and the news and bring it here, but I'm not personally involved with the "T," just the "LGB." And I can't even speak for them. Just myself.

It's very rare that i agree with your points even tho i find the majority of them constructive and informed.

However you have just hit the nail on the head. The T has nothing to do with sexual preference and have hijacked the merited struggle for sexual freedom. What two (or more) consenting adults do in the bedroom is entirely up to them. Why they would like to be associated with mental illness is anyone's guess. The T is doing huge damage to the LGB community as it is a far more complex and divisive topic. The education, medication, manipulation and development of children and their gender has absolutely nothing to do with the sexual preferences they develop as they get older. I would happily support the LGB community if it wasn't for my distaste for the social engineering being carried out to normalise the T when the groups aren't even related.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grenade

It's very rare that i agree with your points even tho i find the majority of them constructive and informed.

I appreciate this very much. Thank you.

However you have just hit the nail on the head. The T has nothing to do with sexual preference and have hijacked the merited struggle for sexual freedom. What two (or more) consenting adults do in the bedroom is entirely up to them. Why they would like to be associated with mental illness is anyone's guess. The T is doing huge damage to the LGB community as it is a far more complex and divisive topic. The education, medication, manipulation and development of children and their gender has absolutely nothing to do with the sexual preferences they develop as they get older. I would happily support the LGB community if it wasn't for my distaste for the social engineering being carried out to normalise the T when the groups aren't even related.

I think all of the above is a far more common perspective than we are led to believe. Especially among the "L", who have taken far too much of the brunt of the "T" agenda, and would like to separate themselves. Not all, of course, but a good many. Too many are afraid to speak up -- afraid that they'll lose their friends or their jobs or something.

One of the founders of the Stonewall Foundation recently objected to their increasing focus on the "T," at the expense of the "L,G & B." I'd say that everything about the "T" seems to be at the expense of others, but the "T" is paying quite a price themselves, even if they don't realize it yet. They are being exploited and abused and broken. At some point the tides will turn though, and we will have to start repairing the damage being caused, and then I will be on their side. Maybe then I won't seem such a monster...

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 06:42 AM
link   
The crux of this argument and the point people are missing is that gender is a psychological construct. You should not treat mental illness by re-affirming a patients fantasy.

Gender dysphoria is not genetic, it's not physiological, why our medical institutions blindly treat it as such is a complete mystery to me.

We are confusing our children and i blame the parents for this in a lot of instances.

The only parent i know who has a child who identifies as transgender happens to a be an ultra left wing liberal. He spent most of his youth taking psychedelic drugs and preaching free love. His children were brought up with no discipline at all and encouraged to express themselves and their sexuality at a young age, something i always had a problem with. Their liberal approach to parenting and attitudes toward sex imho led to their childs confusion. This kid is totally unruly, no manners, totally holds all the power within the household and an absolute nightmare. Yet, his parents see no problem and encourage his behaviour. I say "his" behaviour. The child was born with a penis and names Eli by his parents. Through his own choice he is now called Cheryl and identifies as a girl. He/she is 10 years old.

edit on 29/9/19 by Grenade because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea
As someone that has disagreed with you in the past, I have to say you are always very well informed. Your documentation of you research is always on point. The attacks you are receiving from one particular poster are outrageous.

To the subject of your thread, as a 54 year old lesbian, this post that I'm responding to is the crux of the matter. I am so glad I wasnt born 10-15 years ago. The atmosphere around this subject today would have convinced my young, immature self that I should have a sex change. It's horrible to think that kids today have no one teaching them that happiness comes from within. If you can't accept yourself, you will never be happy no matter how many drugs you take or surgeries you have.

Ive never been a big proponent of the LGBT community because they seem to believe in the hive mind. If you are gay you must think a certain way. That's not for me. I am an individual and will think what I choose to think. I find this whole subject horrifying. It's the worst kind of child abuse.

Please keep posting.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 08:03 AM
link   

I don't understand how this could be allowed but any other drug for any use NOT allowed. What about people who want to be bigger/stronger? (Steroids/HGH), or people who want to be more awake (meth), how is that any less valid a use of drugs? Especially when they're likely less harmful...

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Khaleesi

Great post, as you said we are all individuals and our sexual orientation shouldn't have any bearing on our political or moral views.

The group mentality of the LGBTQ movement is disturbing on every level.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Grenade

The only person I know with a transgender child is also a raging leftist.

Her kid's circumstances were slightly different in that he was being apparently persecuted by a girl in his class for sexual harassment unfairly. And this had gone on for some time, now, all of a sudden, he identifies as a she, and his mother is, of course, fully supportive of this.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Grenade

The crux of this argument and the point people are missing is that gender is a psychological construct. You should not treat mental illness by re-affirming a patients fantasy.

I have to admit all this new fangled "gender" re-defining snuck up on me. I'm a product of the 60s and 70s -- and I really thought we got past the gender stereotypes. I'm shocked at how stereotypes (some quite insulting and offensive) have been repackaged as "gender identity" and tied up with a pretty bow.

Gender dysphoria is not genetic, it's not physiological, why our medical institutions blindly treat it as such is a complete mystery to me.

I believe there may be some physiological aspects to it, with some people not quite true intersex but not purely any sex. And the Guevedoces -- literally translated as "penis at 12," referring to children who appear to have female anatomy at birth, but develop male genitalia with puberty -- tell us there is something more to bio sex than we realize. But that's biology and science and an exception. Not the arbitrary and vague intangible "essence" of a "gender identity" being pushed on us.

It's very sad about your friend's child, and I hope they all figure out a better way. For all the talk of young kids having a gender "identity," they can only get that from their environment. That's nurture, not nature. And if it's garbage in, it's garbage out. My kids knew their respective sex according to their biological differences... but it never defined anything more or less than that to them. So no, my daughter couldn't pee standing up like her brother (much to her disappointment), but it was just anatomy. They and the neighborhood kids played "boy" games together and "girl" games together and "gender neutral" games together. Gender was never an issue because no one ever made it an issue.

For pre-teens and teenagers though, I think the peer pressure has become incredible. Especially online communities. And my biggest fear in that case is that the online peers aren't really peers, but creepers and perverts grooming young people for sexual abuse. The outright refusal and rejection of any sensible and reasonable safeguarding is terrifying.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Another thing I have observed from the daughter of a different friend is that kids seem to have been taught to be so supportive and affirming of their peers in an effort to not be judgmental and be supportive that even though this particular girl comes from a fairly conservative background, when the merest hint of a slightly critical remark toward transgenderism in general came out in a recent lunch conversation, she snapped to the immediate and rabid defensive warning us to "not attack her friends!" as though we were personally going after any friends she might have on a personal level by expressing some doubts about the current handling of transgenderism.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Khaleesi
As someone that has disagreed with you in the past, I have to say you are always very well informed. Your documentation of you research is always on point. The attacks you are receiving from one particular poster are outrageous.

Thank you so much. I very much appreciate your words.

To the subject of your thread, as a 54 year old lesbian, this post that I'm responding to is the crux of the matter. I am so glad I wasnt born 10-15 years ago. The atmosphere around this subject today would have convinced my young, immature self that I should have a sex change.

This seems to be a common theme for many women, and it's especially worrying because it does seem to be young lesbians who are being increasingly targeted. Puberty is hard for every girl, literally trying to grow into yourself, and it's unconscionable that so many girls are being told they aren't perfectly imperfect just the way they are -- lesbian or not.

It's horrible to think that kids today have no one teaching them that happiness comes from within. If you can't accept yourself, you will never be happy no matter how many drugs you take or surgeries you have.

Exactly. I could write an entire thread just on this very vital and fundamental principle!

Ive never been a big proponent of the LGBT community because they seem to believe in the hive mind. If you are gay you must think a certain way. That's not for me. I am an individual and will think what I choose to think. I find this whole subject horrifying. It's the worst kind of child abuse.

I'm always reluctant to speak for others, but this is what I've heard from my gay friends and family. I'm very glad you added your voice. The official LGBT community does not represent every L, G and B person. Dare I say most just lives their lives and try to be good people?

Please keep posting.

I will. Thanks for caring.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

I don't understand either. I mean, I understand why some would -- many have a vested interest ($$$) in pushing these drugs to whatever demographic or market they can. But it makes no sense for so many others to throw away long standing, tried and true medical methods and principles for something so subjective and intangible.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Her kid's circumstances were slightly different in that he was being apparently persecuted by a girl in his class for sexual harassment unfairly.

I couldn't help but note that you qualified this with "apparently". Sadly, he does sound like an autogynephile in the making...

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 08:57 AM
link   

I say apparently because all we know of the story is filtered through his mother, and her stories of condemnation of the girl in question were always wrapped up in anti-religious bias and hatred of conservatism. So I'd call her unreliable although I'm sure she was telling the truth as she saw it.

I know it's possible for girls to bully boys in this manner, and I also know it's possible for boys to harass girls and for parents to not want to see it. Without getting more of a picture of what's really going on, I can't report it as truth, so I say apparently.

edit on 29-9-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 11:24 AM
link   

...But it makes no sense for so many others to throw away long standing, tried and true medical methods and principles for something so subjective and intangible.

So tell me, what exactly are these tried and true medical methods and principles for dealing with a child with genuinely severe gender dysphoria? I'm really interested in what you have to say or if you can offer any proof of their efficacy?

I'll wait. Thanks.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Kalamitous

~~First, Do No Harm
~~If it ain't broke, don't fix it
~~Differential/secondary diagnoses
~~Best treatment is least invasive
~~Best treatment has least negative side effects, adverse outcomes
~~Evidence based medicine
~~Informed consent
~~Parental right to be informed and to say "no"

I have expanded upon all of the above, with links and further information, in a previous post I authored:

Trans Activism and "Gender Affirmation" is Breaking Our Kids

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 12:13 PM
link   

...Sadly, he does sound like an autogynephile in the making...

I hope quoting rather than replying to you is proper protocol and that I'm not violating your standards of etiquette? I’d prefer we not view one another as enemies simply because I don’t agree with your tone, and fervor.

You unfailingly equate autogynephilia with automatically being bad. I understand why. AGPs are the worst of the worst trans activists and are as nasty of a bunch as the hardline TERFs but you are stereotyping an entire group of people because some are bad actors or militant or hostile when not all of them are just like all gender critical feminists aren’t hysterical monsters either. That’s like saying all immigrants are rapists and drug dealers or that because there seems to be an inordinate amount of crime in the black community, that all black people are criminals. To me, judging an entire group on the actions of some kind of fits the definition of prejudice.

Not all autogynephilically driven transgender women are evil vile monsters and it is unfair to automatically assume that all of them are because some of them are. This is a false equivalence.

The picture you paint is also that all lesbians dislike transgender people when you know the opposite is mostly true and that the majority of lesbian and LGB media promotes inclusivity and understanding.

Not In Our Name: A Statement on Trans Inclusion From Lesbian Editors and Publishers

Following further vitriolic attacks on trans people in our media, the world’s leading publications for lesbians are coming together to send an unapologetic message of support and solidarity to the trans community.

… The sooner we stop focusing on what divides us and instead focus on our commonalities, the stronger we will be to confront the other injustices imposed on us.

We won’t be divided.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 12:48 PM
link   

~~First, Do No Harm
When properly indicated, doing nothing does cause harm
~~If it ain't broke, don't fix it
Transgender children ARE broken or will be if nothing is done
~~Differential/secondary diagnoses
Transgender children are evaluated by a multiple disciplinary team of professionals
~~Best treatment is least invasive
I probably don't disagree
~~Best treatment has least negative side effects, adverse outcomes
In some cases potential negative side effects outweigh the positive ones
~~Evidence based medicine
Links I posted in the other thread indicate evidence based medicine is employed
~~Informed consent
You really think the potential risks aren't discussed?
~~Parental right to be informed and to say "no"
So if your Jehovah Witnesses and Christian Scientists deny their child medical care or a blood transfusion that the courts or medical professionals say is necessary for the health of their child, shouldn't they be overruled? I know where you're coming from with this.

One last comment before I go to bed for the day is that your 1000's of deaths from GnRH analogs includes people who had health problems in the first place like endometriosis or cancer otherwise they wouldn't have been prescribed these drugs. Correlation is not causality unless you can show me where these drugs were directly attributable to deaths.
edit on 29-9-2019 by Kalamitous because: Not enough sleep

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join