It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greta Thunberg at climate action summit.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 10:51 AM
link   
WOW... you guys are so cool.... A little girl is worried about climate change and you big bad mother f'ers make fun of her!

You should be so proud.

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: tinner07

I think the real thing is nobody GAF what she has to say lol then ppl like you sperg out ultra lulz.

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 10:54 AM
link   
correct me if I am wrong, haahaha.

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: tinner07
WOW... you guys are so cool.... A little girl is worried about climate change and you big bad mother f'ers make fun of her!

You should be so proud.

Well, it's better than getting emotional over phony baloney Veruca Salt. She is clearly trying to manipulate people and throws a tantrum when she can't.

Spoiled. Brat.

You fell for it. Condolences.

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I watched her edited speech from the Reuters Twitter feed. As I watched I kept thinking about this Aerosmith song...

I'll add it here for mood music...

If Chicken Little tells you that the sky is falling,
Even if it wasn't would you still come crawling back again?
I bet you would my friend,
Again and again and again and again...
You can't help yourself...
edit on 24-9-2019 by GenerationGap because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 11:41 AM
link   
First of all, nobody is going to ever be affected by climate change. We should do everything we can to increase the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere just to show the crazy lefties that it is in no way related to global temperatures. We could raise our emissions by 500 times, and it would have ZERO impact on the climate - would not raise global temps by as much as a billionth of a degree.

Second of all, even if it were a real thing and would have a devastating impact on the "future" of "life" on Earth, that is absolutely no reason to do anything about it if it's going to impact our economy negatively AT ALL.

Lastly, assuming for the moment that human-caused climate change IS a real thing, and much of the earth will be uninhabitable 100 years from now, how is that OUR problem? We have plenty to deal with TODAY that is going to impact US. The problems of the next century should be dealt with by the PEOPLE of the next century!

I say rape this planet for all it's worth, and the crybabies of the future can suck on the shriveled husk they inherit. If they don't like it, they can move to another planet by then.
edit on 24-9-2019 by BiffWellington because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Wow, the Club of Rome and Ingmar Rentzhogs "We don´t have time" money bin (first time, with a young boy as a cart horse, called "Plant for the Planet", it didn´t work, so they had to use a young girl with asperger now) brought her even to ATS.

In Germany it´s less than one percent of all pupils which follow her. Mostly young german girls and kids from richer parents, which never had any real problems in their life, which don´t have to bring money home, don´t have to bring food on the table and to pay rent and bills. Like a bunch of disciples which follow a new prophet, but the media makes it look like they are 100% and not nearly 1%. These kids and their PR made icon want us all to "panic" because we are all doomed, the day after tomorrow the world will die because of only the former generations fault. Don´t know what we should save then, if it is too late anyway, according to "I want you to panic" Greta and her disciples.

Do holy Greta and her disciples not leave any negative footprints, do they all live in caves, without power, don´t they all use new tech, don´t they consume more than any other generation before, don´t they fly more than any other generation before, don´t they travel more than any other generation before, don´t they wear Primark and H%M shirts, don´t they drink Starbucks to go "coffee", don´t they eat from Mc Donalds and Burger King, do they all grow their own bio and vegan food, do they grow their own kiwis and bananas for their hip smoothies in front of their cave in germany?

Not? So who are they to tell grown people, which did more for environmental protection over decades than these younger generations ever will, what to think and what to do? People which left less carbon dioxide in decades than these young wealthy kids without any problems than how do i look on instagram, in their few years on earth.

Another story are their willing helpers in germany, "Langstreckenluisa" Luisa Neubauer(NGO ONE) and her female cousin Carla Reemtsma from the Reemtsma (Tobacco) billionaires family. Luisa Neubauer denied to be in the green party when that Fridays for Future campaign started (we are not controlled). And she is known for travelling a lot via plane, just for fun and holidays. That is why she is called Langstreckenluisa. long distance Luisa. They are all hipocrites, nothing more and nothing less.

I am afraid Greta really believes what she thinks and says(simply because of her Asperger), that she really thinks she maybe could change something. And because the people behind her (Club of Rome, Ingmar Rentzhog, sveral NGOs, her rich parents which want to get a bit richer. Her mother writes books, now about holy Greta, that she can see CO2 with her eyes and stuff), which use her, let her think and tell her all the time that she is right and that only she has enough wisdom to understand.

These kids are too young to recognize that they are used. They try to critize politicians but these politians use them for their carbon tax agenda, so people are hapyy and feel goof to pay more taxea again. They use them for nice pics and interviews, saying how proud they are of these political so interested kids, smile and pet the heads of these kids. And go on with their robber baron capitalism agendas and globalisation crap. They are too young to know the whole game, how it is played, who the real players are.

And that´s why the better would go to school on fridays, to learn something. At least a bit. Even if it isn´t worth anymore because we all are doomed and on thursday is earths last day anyway. And Gretas parents maybe should go to jail or at least lose the custody of their childs, because using her young daughter with asperger for such an campaign is not showing good parenting. Everything Greta has to do there has negative impacts on her health, check the video from her arriving at NYC, her first interview, what happened to her face while being confronted with all the noise and lights, all the cams and attention. Check the last nights nervous breakdown while her creepy "Twelve Monkey" 15 minutes, which looked a bit too staged but seemed to be real, at the UN.

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Whoa there, Hoss!!

First of all, that "little girl" is getting paraded around by her parents like she was Mahatma Gandhi. When was the last time YOU were asked to give a speech to the United Nations????

Secondly, shes being made up to look like she's 12, not 16. Why do you suppose that is, sporto?

It's to up the emotion factor. And who do you think thought this up? Certainly not her! I have never, ever, seen a 16 year old girl who wanted to look like a 12 year old girl...have you???? I'll answer for you; no you havent.

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: seaswine
Can't tell if this is satire or not. If it isn't, even the chimpanzees are cringing at these words.

I'm curious about what you thought was wrong with my post. The OP was dismissing Greta because of her age, so I pointed out that being a child does not mean one lacks intelligence. There are children who are figuring out complex mathematical problems that adults haven't been able to figure out for decades. The only reason I can imagine you would have for finding my post cringey is that you have a complete lack of understanding of what intelligence is, instead equating it with worldly wisdom, life experience or knowledge.
So, to make it simple: Intelligence is not knowledge. Those are two completely different things. Intelligence also is not wisdom or experience - again, two completely different things.

And, just to clarify - I never made any claims about Greta's own level of intelligence. Like I said, I've never listened to her and I have no idea what she stands for aside from talking about climate change.
edit on 9/24/2019 by trollz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Why do you suppose that is, sporto?
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk
First off, dont call me sporto... My name is Keith

can you prove she was paraded around and not just a kid scared about climate change?

Never been asked to speak at the United Nations.... You? what does that matter?

I guess I thought you would have some sympathy for a child crying in the night, but nope...pollute your land and praise trump for it right?

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Wake up and smell the propaganda Keith.

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLead
a reply to: Boadicea

They want her to be attacked so people will rally around her and forget about the message.

Well gosh darn it that does make sense!

Just all the sadder too. It's all contrived. It's all so phony. I don't think they get that they're the only ones believing their own publicity.

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Wake up and smell the propaganda Keith.
a reply to: Lysergic

You dont think glaciers are melting? the earth is warming? Humans have anything to do with it?

You dont think humans have anything to do with global warming?

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Greta Thunberg at climate action summit.

In 'Murica we don't have to listen to what kids like her think until they're 21 or 25.

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 01:24 PM
link   

How does money stop any of that?

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 01:25 PM
link   
And you're not willing to give up your modern life, you know since you care so much.

look at your avatar pic, lol look at that car,

thanks for killing the earth.

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 01:38 PM
link   

look at your avatar pic, lol look at that car,

They're not being taxed enough.

edit on 24-9-2019 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Is it wrong of me to want the apocalypse?

Can we hurry up and
A) Run out of oil
B) Have an economic meltdown
C) Be killed by "climate change"
D) Have widespread global famine
E) Kill everyone that disagrees with our viewpoint
F) Get hit by a massive asteroid
G) Be obliterated in mutual nuclear warfare

Talking about these things, is boring. Let's see some fireworks already.
I want some World War 3 to break the monotony. I don't really want to work for 35 more years and die of heart failure.
Can we just pump some gas on this planet, please?

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 02:12 PM
link   

And you're not willing to give up your modern life, you know since you care so much. look at your avatar pic, lol look at that car, thanks for killing the earth.
yep you are right... based on a picture.... you are so smart... no wonder you do not work for trump.

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 02:14 PM
link   

They're not being taxed enough.
a reply to: neo96

who is not? you advocating for more taxes now?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join