It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greta Thunberg at climate action summit.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 02:17 PM
link   

They're not being taxed enough.
a reply to: neo96

Not sure what you mean.

You say I am not being taxed enough?

As a democrat I should be taxed more than you?

As an American? you must not be.. OK...

What do you mean by "they are not being taxed enough" please

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 02:19 PM
link   

They're not being taxed enough.
a reply to: neo96
I get it.. you are for higher taxes.... glad you made your position clear.

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 03:32 PM
link   
This thread is unbelievable. She's just a little girl.

It's not like people are going to stop using cars or buying gasoline.

She's not even politician. It's not like she can pass a law raising your taxes. The level of fear is amazing. The number of ad hominem attacks against this little girl is just mind boggling.

Rage! Rage!

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: CthruU

I think Greta is great! If you listen to her Ted talk she makes a great argument:

Fossil fuel will soon be obsolete. The Chinese are spending billions on creating new sources of energy:

China spending US$3.3 billion on molten salt nuclear reactors for faster aircraft carriers and in flying drones

The Indians and Japanese are spending just as much money on LFTR research. Someone is going to solve the energy crisis. And the German's have their Stellerator which is amazing!

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope
In 10 or 20 or 30 years there is nothing left to live for...

This is why people stop listening. The end of the world has been 10 years away for my entire life. The exaggerations make people think the entire thing is a hoax. In 30 years we will still be here and the end will be 10 years away. Its basically strawman-ing your own argument. Really wish you would go with talking about the small negative changes over time. Thats the stuff that could actually be proven maybe. If we are going with the Al Gore thing I can just look outside and see that civilization isnt wiped out. So he was wrong, I guess.
edit on 9/24/2019 by revswim because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Necrobile

Y'know, she talks about how her dreams and childhood were stolen, but I can't help but think the only people that stole them are the ones parading her around like that. Nobody is stopping her from having any of those experiences but herself, and the ones using her.

Hypocrisy, ignorance, immaturity, role playing and READING FROM SCRIPT when shes supposed to be passionate about the issue - seems to me if someone is so passionate about a issue they would not require a script to keep them on cue.

The award for worst actress on a major stage goes to -

Greta Thunberg.

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

You can't criticize the children. If you do, you're a heartless monster who hates children along with hating whatever cause it is they've been trotted out to push. They're being used as psychological human shields by the leftists.

If shes old enough to pick a side - get on world stage and criticize others then shes certainly old enough to have her perspective challenged.

Regardless of age or emotion.
edit on 24-9-2019 by CthruU because: 1

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Creep Thumper

As soon as she opened her mouth, and when she copped an attitude after Trump ignored her, I stopped listening.

She deserves nothing as her agenda is clear. Don't give her your ear. She hasn't earned it and I don't think she will.

She is a spoiled child who got her way all the time. It couldn't be more obvious. Don't give her tantrums currency.

I have heard some excuse her behavior as Asperger's. Bull puckey. Rotten is rotten.

Well said indeed.

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Some of you guys slay me - "oh, she's just a little girl." Ah, no, she's not.

She's 16.

I hate clichés, but here it comes - if she can't take the heat, she should get out of the kitchen,

Hey, that's a pun. Too funny. 😂🤣😂

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: CthruU
I cannot believe this little girl is getting so much airtime about her climate action summit speach.

Tell me - what does a 16 yr old know about anything let alone world affairs, this child has sat there emotionally distraught to the extreme sprooking of absolute nonsense about her interpretation of world affairs in relation to climate change and gets praised world wide for so called stareing out trump on this issue like it's all his fault.

Greta has no idea, no credibility, no life experience, no environmental training and definitely no right to be taken so seriously.

So now their using kids to push agendas on the world stage.

What a joke.

(Got to love trumps comment - " happy little girl")

Apparently she actually knows more then you if you can't dispute her arguments and only attack her age. Pitiful.

Regarding, the impotent right's attach - almost word for word as our OP

Naturally, of course, right-wingers reacted in the ugliest way possible: By arguing that Thunberg’s identity — as a young person, as a person on the autism spectrum and, although they are careful not to say this directly, as a girl — inherently discredits what she has to say.

Even though Thunberg is capable of doing things many on the right refuse to do — such as read and understand scientific evidence — the argument is that Thunberg and her fellow youth activists cannot think for themselves.

It's a case of 'projection' as...

Modern-day conservatism, especially the Republican Party, functions primarily as a protection racket for the fragile egos of mediocre white men.

After witnessing the right-wing reaction to Greta Thunberg, the teenage climate activist from Sweden who spoke at the United Nations this week, there can be no doubt of this.

The modern-day conservative was revealed, in all his glory, as a weak-minded coward who hides behind unearned privileges, because he is incapable of handling a fair-minded debate, much less real moral accountability.

From, if you dare....

www.alternet.org... ing-to-malice-bigotry-and-lies/
edit on 24-9-2019 by FyreByrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

She's not even politician. It's not like she can pass a law raising your taxes. The level of fear is amazing. The number of ad hominem attacks against this little girl is just mind boggling.

Rage! Rage!

And smarter and wiser then most adults.

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Oh no, someone called her a kid. Stop avoiding the real issue. The world (humanity) will not end in 15 years. It will not end in 30 years. Prove me wrong. Bring out all the puppies and children in the world but it doesnt prove anything. Its an appeal to emotion. They want to make people think less rationally about the subject.
edit on 9/24/2019 by revswim because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: trollz

originally posted by: seaswine
Can't tell if this is satire or not. If it isn't, even the chimpanzees are cringing at these words.

I'm curious about what you thought was wrong with my post. The OP was dismissing Greta because of her age, so I pointed out that being a child does not mean one lacks intelligence. There are children who are figuring out complex mathematical problems that adults haven't been able to figure out for decades. The only reason I can imagine you would have for finding my post cringey is that you have a complete lack of understanding of what intelligence is, instead equating it with worldly wisdom, life experience or knowledge.

Nothing "wrong" per se. It's just that adding in the bit about your IQ seems like unnecessary bravado. You could've just said what you wrote in your first few sentences above.

I'm very well aware of the difference between intelligence and knowledge. I didn't mean any true offense to you personally, just having a laugh at your expense. It is the internet after all

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Ask this kid what a grand solar minimum is that ought to get an illogical emotional response

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Your only ever sold the image of a product never the reality of a product, if people question the image their not questioning the product. Plus, people tend to naturally rally around those they deemed bullied, even if they don't believe they can be swayed to fight for and promote it. Also, it acts the same as your labeling someone a nazi in that it gives sjw's the "righteous" feeling they can attack above and beyond a normal rebute.

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Rage! Rage!

And smarter and wiser then most adults.

Yeah,,, you can barely see the strings..
She is quite literally playing the part her handlers want her to portray.

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinner07

Wake up and smell the propaganda Keith.
a reply to: Lysergic

You dont think glaciers are melting? the earth is warming? Humans have anything to do with it?

You dont think humans have anything to do with global warming?

Nope. The only thing we could do is temporarily cause an issue that would be overturned by nature. Unless you're talking about nuclear damage to a patch of ground, nothing else we do would have a lasting effect. Nature is a billion times more powerful than humans could ever wish to be. Global warming is cyclical just like cooling is. By the way, did you read where scientists found underwater geothermal activity being a more likely reason that an Antarctic glacier is melting rather than near-surface water and air temps? I thought that was pretty interesting.

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

Lolol 10 20 or 30 years left HAHHAHAVS

Dude go read some of the articles from the 1970s or the 1980s...or the 1990s...all the them state we will die in 10 to 20 years if we dont change.

# outta here

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Archivalist
Is it wrong of me to want the apocalypse?

Can we hurry up and
A) Run out of oil
B) Have an economic meltdown
C) Be killed by "climate change"
D) Have widespread global famine
E) Kill everyone that disagrees with our viewpoint
F) Get hit by a massive asteroid
G) Be obliterated in mutual nuclear warfare

Talking about these things, is boring. Let's see some fireworks already.
I want some World War 3 to break the monotony. I don't really want to work for 35 more years and die of heart failure.
Can we just pump some gas on this planet, please?

You forgot global pandemic.

Oh, and a race of genetically modified monkeys that program a destructive AI taught to them by an alien race living on the Jupiter moon Europa.
edit on 24-9-2019 by GenerationGap because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 12:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: GenerationGap

Oh, and a race of genetically modified monkeys that program a destructive AI taught to them by an alien race living on the Jupiter moon Europa.

Hi, I work at SYFY's new programming content department... would you mind if we use your plot for our drama based scriptwriting team?

(Sarcasm)

On a serious note, I am not a fan of exploitation of children (mental illness or not) is all I have to say on topic.
edit on 25-9-2019 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join