It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greta Thunberg at climate action summit.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: CthruU

But she's GONNA DIEEEEEEeeeeee hooo hoooooo hoo...

Why won't you listen, old person. All you old people are going to die of old age, but she, along with trillions of innocent kids are going to die of.... CLIIIMMAAATTEE CHHHAAANNGGEEE !!!1111

... Sorry, got a bit histrionic there...

I'd listen to most people... but she's an obvious plant. and I don't mean the good kind that will save the planet if we stop eating meat and eat them instead.

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: raedar

I honestly feel sorry for this kid.
You can do a search for this girls trip to New York and website after website parrot a story about the carbon neutral voyage.
They all follow the script.

For some reason these journalists don't think about the boats carbon footprint or the airline miles the crew has used.

Seriously, think about how much more of an impact her speech would have had if she had insisted from day one that it be give on something like Skype from her home.

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Personally I find it a bit embarrassing that some people need schooled on climate change by teenagers...

I know... They should be in charge. Then we'd be fine.

"You there, stop doing that. Fix this. Obey meeee!"

Yep, she has it pegged. If only we'd been a teenager, once..

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: CthruU

originally posted by: crayzeed
It's the children, think about the children. Plucking of heart strings. Why aint she in school like she should be.

Exactly.

No it's not. It's about the billionaires preserving their acquired wealth from burning fossil fuel as the primary energy source on the planet.

link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

originally posted by: Bluntone22

originally posted by: lakenheath24
She was probably flown in, and chauffered in a limo to her 5 * hotel. Mmmhmmmm.

She actually sailed over to the states.
Four of the sailboats crew flew over though.

She's was actually riding on a super tanker carrying barrels of unrefined oil to port Elizabeth.

You do realize that would be carbon neutral right?
She would be riding on a boat already heading in the right direction and she would be adding no carbon to the voyage.

That was the original purpose of uber...

link   

Y'know, she talks about how her dreams and childhood were stolen, but I can't help but think the only people that stole them are the ones parading her around like that. Nobody is stopping her from having any of those experiences but herself, and the ones using her.

(post by blueman12 removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: gallop

Why won't you listen, old person. All you old people are going to die of old age, but she, along with trillions of innocent kids are going to die of.... CLIIIMMAAATTEE CHHHAAANNGGEEE !!!1111

I'd listen to most people... but she's an obvious plant. and I don't mean the good kind that will save the planet if we stop eating meat and eat them instead.

So the little girl must die. We Democrats are so silly. Thank God we have all you Republicans to guides about who is worth listening to in authority.

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 07:50 AM
link   
But she's so freaking cute:

Some of my communist friends think it's not about how cute she is but what she is saying about global warming. I just laugh at them and remind them the importance of following the Beatitudes. We can't let Satan win.

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Me, too, thank god for.. wait? I'm not a republican... I don't even vote, they force me to so I vote the pirate party or something.. I hate politics.

Does that make me... a ... *gasp* an anarchist??

ionno... but little children pulling heart strings, forcing issues on the basis of "I'm a sweet innocent child, why won't you listen to us?" is .. yeesh.

But I too, thank you.. for if it were not for you lot, we'd have no yard stick by which to know how rotten things can become. Abort Abort !!

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: gallop

You got some points right, as long as we ignore the sarcasm, but how is she a plant? Have you ever listened to her, when she explains her points with less dramatic?

She explains much better than you or me and with far more eloquency.

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

What she was saying?????

Did she offer even one worthwhile or reasonable solution to solve the world issue with carbon emissions?
Did she tell about any new science or discovery that will change the way things are approached?

Or did she just waste a lot of carbon to come and parrot her rehearsed lines in front of a bunch of people that probably slept through her speech?

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 08:00 AM
link   

She actually sailed over to the states.
Four of the sailboats crew flew over though.

I thought it was pretty cool she sailed over until I read about the crew flying over to sail the boat back. It basically more than cancelled out the "zero carbon" trip.

Look, good on her to try to change things for the better. I believe that anything we can do (within reason) to lessen pollution on this planet is a good thing and should be a continuous goal. That said, what ideas is she putting forth other than screaming "We're all going to die! Do something!"?

edit on 24-9-2019 by jtrenthacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: gallop

I rather listen to her than any old people who think they understand a vast array of environmental science after reading some alt-right article.

There are plenty of scientists who disagree with the UN assessments of climate change.

climatechangereconsidered.org...

Yet, as always, the right and left make this political. OP and others don't care about science or the environment. They just want to push their political party's beliefs rather than discussing.

I'd bet as much people blindly disagree with climate change as much as people blindly agree with climate change. How many read some half-baked infowars article or watched some msnbc segment.

How many dopes are inserting snarky half-witted comments like, "the u.n. aint gonna make me not eat meat".

When did the environment become so divisive? The left want to place endless restrictions and the right want to completely shove their heads in the sand.

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

She's being used for her image. Not her words. She is being put on a global pedestal for that reason only. Not because she's suddenly realised things. But to further a one sided agenda. Apparently, she read a book and felt it necessary to stand up and voice her concerns. That's nice, we need more of that.

But NOW she's being used by people so that if you do not follow her stance, you're evil (as you can already see in this thread, "yes must kill the child, ra ra /sarc".. )

Like I've said previously in other threads, I'm not on either side. I'll be long gone before any of this matters, and this world is not infinite - Mother Nature will kill us all eventually, every future generation will have to understand this.

But did you listen to her talk? it was not a sane thing. She's been used as a tool to deny any opposition to debate. How can you dare challenge such a well spoken, young individual? Now lets make her get even more emotional, and speak even louder...

If you can't see how she is being used as a Hogg, then I am at a loss.

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: jtrenthacker

Oddly enough flying long distance on commercial aircraft is pretty much the most carbon friendly way to travel.
That's how she should have arrived, if at all..skype!
But the ruse of sailing to save carbon resulted in four flights instead of one.

I too like the idea of kids being involved but this is just way to manufactured to be believed.

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 08:09 AM
link   
She could lead by example. She could lose the little rubber and polyester hair bands that hold her braids. She could lose the poly blend clothes and the rubber or plastic boots she has on. She coul have spoken louder and lost the little plastic ear piece microphone.

Until she comes out in deer skin or cow hide boots and clothe made of cotton, hemp, flax that was hand sown , grown with only natural fertilizers and hand picked not nasty tractors. The sheep must come from fields that have no pesticides sprayed on them and she needs to lose the TV and internet and any electricity she uses until the third world countries catch up then we can all be even.

Until that happens she is a hypocrite. You could get rid of all humans on earth and get climate change. Real bad climate change. Just look at the historical records the almighty scientists have found in the ice cores around the globe and a bit of fossil records thrown in for good measure.
edit on 24-9-2019 by savagediver because: just because

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: trollz

originally posted by: CthruU
Tell me - what does a 16 yr old know about anything

Greta has no idea, no credibility, no life experience, no environmental training and definitely no right to be taken so seriously.

I've never listened to her so I don't know what things she's saying or what ideas she has, but I think it's quite ignorant to dismiss a kid because of their age. Plenty of kids are intelligent enough to study and understand those things. I have no idea if Greta is or is not, but you're foolish to assume she isn't just because she's 16. My tested IQ puts me around the 99.7% percentile of the human intelligence range, which means that only about 0.3% of people in the world would score at or above my level. When I was her age, I was already significantly more intelligent than the average adult.

I agree with that. As someone who had an IQ of 140 in the 7th grade, at least she's doing something constructive with her time. Instead of getting into fights and getting expelled like I was.

I wish I could have found a way to make people as angry as she is when I was 16.

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Any validity to the rumor that she sailed over for the environmentalism PR but had 2 people fly to pick the boat back up... PsyOp

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
a reply to: gallop

I rather listen to her than any old people who think they understand a vast array of environmental science after reading some alt-right article.

There are plenty of scientists who disagree with the UN assessments of climate change.

climatechangereconsidered.org...

Yet, as always, the right and left make this political. OP and others don't care about science or the environment. They just want to push their political party's beliefs rather than discussing.

I'd bet as much people blindly disagree with climate change as much as people blindly agree with climate change. How many read some half-baked infowars article or watched some msnbc segment.

How many dopes are inserting snarky half-witted comments like, "the u.n. aint gonna make me not eat meat".

On that I agree completely. It's the same as with that other toxic debate, the meat trade.

It inevitably results in people going "I gonna eat me a whole pig har har.." and it infuriates me no end...

This is why I don't have a dog in this race.. I don't use any more than I need, so I'm not party to the problem. If I sit outside under the sky and stare into a fire, I'm committing a crime against the climate. If I sit indoors and enjoy a heater, I'm committing an offence against the climate. If I drive a car, same.. if I get public transport, no different. Everything we do relies on the ways we've evolved as a society.

Hell, I'd guarantee that ancient people lit a hell of a lot more fires than we do, for warmth, to cook, et al.

I have no answer.. We're not supposed to be here I guess.. Every single breath we take, releases more CO2 into the atmosphere. I'm just not going to be held to emotional ransom by a kid who hasn't even had the experience of life gifted to her yet. Because she has a #load of life to go through yet. And it won't be anything she can change.

When did the environment become so divisive? The left want to place endless restrictions and the right want to completely shove their heads in the sand.

I'm neither.. I'm not even in the US, so for ol' alien hippy to label me a republican was a haha moment.. I'd suggest we smokem peace pipe, but that would A: be cultural appropriation. B: be adding to the demise of the climate and C: racist for how I just phrased it..

Can't win, you see.. the only winning move is not to play, Dr Falken.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join