It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Iran the next Vietnam

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Saudi Arabia stands to lose way more than Iran from a war.

Oh, for Shia to bloody the nose of the jewel of the Sunnis.

They'd give several thousand troops and civilian casualties for that.

Remember when Saddam Hussein was firing SCUD missiles at Israel during Desert Shield and Desert Storm? Who knows what Iran and their proxies would do if they really popped off.

The thing is, such a conflict would be destructive and bloody but no one would take over and occupy anyone else. One would get the upper hand and be subjected to terror and martyr attacks by the other until terms for a ceasefire were hashed out. Iran has allies too like Russia and China who would intervene if the entire regime were at risk of being removed.

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Open war with Saudi and Iran would devastate the global oil markets and we'd easily be paying over $3 a gallon for gas. It already went up 30 cents in my area at least. It was $2.06 the night of the attack and $2.36 yesterday.

edit on 22-9-2019 by FlyingSquirrel because: (no reason given)

link   
No sir, Sir this one is a short one.......Sir

Fugging Viet Nam
edit on 22-9-2019 by GBP/JPY because: IN THE FINE TEXAS TRADITION

link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

But I'm skeptical we would keep it isolated to an air war with Iran.

They have a good footing in Iraq now, and if we attacked Iran, I'm sure they'd let lose other places in the region provoking a full scale war.

They run a million-man army and could double that quickly so a ground war would suck. Their population is quite large at close to 90 million with 40 million able men. The best goal would be to destroy their military infrastructure to allow the internal regime change to happen. Their Government rules by strength and fear and all we need to do is remove the strength part to get the ball going, BUT damn it would cost millions of lives I fear all over the region and even 1000s here at home. They would also most likely do a hail mary and dump everything they have on Israel to at least accomplish that goal they want so badly knowing all the while a war with us is a waste of time.
edit on 22-9-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

originally posted by: midicon

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Be nice if someone just neutralized yours.

Too bad isn't it? The only difference between the US and the other 170 countries is we can do it, and they can not, but everyone wishes they could.

You can do what? I don't think 170 countries want war with Iran.
The sad truth is that the US is the constant warmonger.
Another sad truth is that a war with Iran won't really be a war, just another turkey shoot like Iraq...and God forbid that you should lose one American life whilst you happily destroy another country and create all the horror that brings.

USA, the land of the gun and by extension the bomb.

Not disagreeing with you, but none of those wars would have happened without the green light from your leaders, and the leaders of all of GB forming those coalitions required for that "war mongering".

Very true.

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingSquirrel
Open war with Saudi and Iran would devastate the global oil markets and we'd easily be paying over $3 a gallon for gas. It already went up 30 cents in my area at least. It was $2.06 the night of the attack and $2.36 yesterday.

Where the hell do you live to get gas so cheap...lol

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: JON666

We keep hearing that we are energy independent now, so prove everyones right that has been saying it's a war for oil is why were in the mid east. Pull out of every military base we have in the world and bring them home and protect the US from the US. Pull out of all our non state territorials. If we are the only superpower left we should be able to defend ourselves from our own congenital USA.

The last time we did that WWII happened.... How did that work out for the world? lol

Frackem we were itchen for a war that is why ww2 happened. We could of protected ourselves without getting into a foreign war that did not involve us. Since then we have been the war mongers justifying war for protection by the policeman of the world. which has become protection from the policeman of the world. I will be so happy when the new Rome is taken out just like the old Roman desire for global dominance. All the young men and woman who have been killed in police actions through out the world.
edit on 22-9-2019 by JON666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Good you're looking at it pragmatically.

I just don't want to use my resources for Saudi Arabia. Their ideology is not in line with ours, and given a different geopolitical landscape, we wouldn't have this relationship.

Israel has as much to gain, so they should help instead of is taking the brunt of the load. I can justify helping them without liking it, because they're a very democratic country, and very similar in ideology while being a very close ally.... I just can't support helping SA.

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 04:11 PM
link   

I'll guess texas...

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: JON666

We could of protected ourselves without getting into a foreign war that did not involve us

Japan never attacked Pearl Harbour then? Hitler never declared war on The U.S. then ?

Must be a different timeline you are living.

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Disrupt the global oil markets and expect the Russians and Chinese to support Iran. You ready for that...World war?

I've always thought that Israel would eventually bring on Armageddon. "behold a pale horse"
edit on 22-9-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 04:13 PM
link   

No, 170 countries wish they had global dominance and the reality is only the US has it with China coming up in second place.

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 04:14 PM
link   

I pay almost $4.00 a gallon in California. I think that is due to the government we have here.......

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Disrupt the global oil markets and expect the Russians and Chinese to support Iran. You ready for that...World war?

One area where the Iranian Navy saw action was against the U.S. Navy in 1987–88. Iranian forces mined the Strait of Hormuz to disrupt oil shipping in the area, resulting in the guided-missile frigate USS Samuel B. Roberts sustaining damage from a mine. President Ronald Reagan ordered U.S. air and naval forces to conduct a punitive attack on Iranian naval assets in the region. Operation Praying Mantis saw the sinking of the patrol boat Joshan (armed with Harpoon missiles), the sinking of the frigate Sahand and the disabling of the frigate Salaban. Over a period of forty-eight hours, the U.S. Navy caused more damage to the Iranian Navy than Iraq had caused in eight years of war.

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

I just don't want to use my resources for Saudi Arabia. Their ideology is not in line with ours, and given a different geopolitical landscape, we wouldn't have this relationship.

Israel has as much to gain, so they should help instead of is taking the brunt of the load. I can justify helping them without liking it, because they're a very democratic country, and very similar in ideology while being a very close ally.... I just can't support helping SA.

It's hard to pick allies over there when they all suck, its the Middle East so not much more to say other than it is very important to our national interests. If we are not there then Russia and China will take our place for their own national interests.

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 04:19 PM
link   
War is an outdated way of handling disputes. I only support a war for the defense of my nation. I don’t see this as a valid option for Iran.

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 04:21 PM
link   

No, 170 countries wish they had global dominance and the reality is only the US has it with China coming up in second place.

How's that US dominance going in Afghanistan?

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 04:21 PM
link   

If we are not there then Russia and China will take our place for their own national interests.

I wouldn't worry trump is such a great negotiator. Worked with lil Kim.

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

If we are not there then Russia and China will take our place for their own national interests.

I wouldn't worry trump is such a great negotiator. Worked with lil Kim.

I believe in negotiation over engagement. We don’t need war.

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: JON666

Frackem we were itchen for a war that is why ww2 happened. We could of protected ourselves without getting into a foreign war that did not involve us. Since then we have been the war mongers justifying war for protection by the policeman of the world. which has become protection from the policeman of the world. I will be so happy when the new Rome is taken out just like the old Roman desire for global dominance. All the young men and woman who have been killed in police actions through out the world.

Actually, after WWI we went full isolationist. WWII was in full swing for over two years before America entered it, and until Pearl Harbor and Hitler going full retard we didn't even know what side we wanted to take. Hilter already steamed rolled across the EU with only Russia left basically and Japan made mincemeat of Asia long before the US entered the game.

edit on 22-9-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join