It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Iran the next Vietnam

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 07:18 PM
link   
This may sound way out, but this stuff is about getting more US military bases in the area to combat any aggressiveness by the Chinese in Africa. Sad, the CNN doesn't tell the truth these days.
This has nothing to do with Iran, it is to put more US bases in the area to defend against the Chinese.

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Is CNN not telling you the truth or is it our government not telling us the truth? In bed with Damian to save us from the Devil?

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Is Iran the next Vietnam

That will be up to the leaders.
The UN starts a war with Iran as it did Vietnam and Korea ?
Most likely will turn out the same .

edit on 9/22/19 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
Is CNN not telling you the truth or is it our government not telling us the truth? In bed with Damian to save us from the Devil?

Surely you know the chinese are putting their military in places of transportation (waterways) in Africa. by the way India too.

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
a reply to: Arnie123

All I hear is

youtu.be...
Wait, I take that back, THIS is pitiful, the fact that you actually went out of your way to look for something as cringy as that to illustrate your failed point is all I heard from you 🙄

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I wouldn't worry about it too much JagStorm...Really I suspect the US is tickled pink that Iran keeps acting like A--holes since it only reinforces that the return to crushing economic sanctions after the withdrawal from the extremely flawed Joint Comprehensive Action Plan (JCPOA), known as the Iran deal, are in fact working quite well. My sympathy for the common Iranian people who are suffering from their leaders decisions.

Heck, I'd almost wonder if we staged ourselves I mean there is some evidence that maybe some of those cruise missiles may have come from a Westerly direction but I'll leave that in the false flag conspiracy pile.

I mean consider what we gain from their misdeeds:

A good case to start lashing out at other countries economy with secondary sanctions if they do business with Iran. Kind of handy tool in the midst of a trade war with China.

A renewed interest for regional countries to work together to push back on Iran’s aggressive actions such as Trump administration’s efforts to create the Middle East Security Architecture, or MESA. This bty, appears to be happening to some extent already. On Thursday, the United Arab Emirates said it would join a US-led international effort to patrol sea lanes near Iran to protect shipping. That’s important since it’s widely believed Iran bombed oil tankers and continues to seize foreign vessels, including a British tanker in July.

the MIC probably gets to sell billions more anti-drone/missile tech to the Saudi and possibly multiple other players in the region.

Justification for a cyberattack on Iran. That would allow him to severely damage parts of Iran’s oil sector, for example, without having to launch bombs at it. While it could prove effective and harmful to Tehran’s economy, that move would most likely be seen as less escalatory than a military operation.

Not to mention, Higher overall oil prices could also reduce the trade deficit now that the United States is a major exporter.

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: sillyrabbit
Actually, these circumstances and the theory you presented sounds closer to the agitation which begun the WW1. Understanding who will be the actual belligerents of this Iran affair is key.

Iran and Syria both on one side.
KSA, USA, Israel, UK, UAE, on the other side. There will be no NATO mandate.
The following are the players who may become involved but not certainty.
Watch out for Turkey, Qatar, France, Russia, Egypt, and there was a no way Oman can stay neutral.
The rest of Europe and the world is mostly just barely watch it going down on OSINT and briefly on msm through the GEC scripts.

Let s all keep an eye on it and post everything we see!! I try to keep libya covered.

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 02:18 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

They've only been drumming the drums of war against Iran umm.. forever.

But yeah its on another level now.

Iran is no Vietnam. They are developed with a formidable military and nukes.

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 02:24 AM
link   
a reply to: sillyrabbit

"My sympathy for the common Iranian people who are suffering from their leaders decisions. .."

Its funny - when they asked Trump if he'd seen any evidence for it being Iran that struck S Arabia, he said something like 'we have our people on it and it is looking like that will be the case.' I'll take that as a 'no'.

It doesn't make sense that Iran would strike a US ally in their precarious situation. I wouldn't buy it so fast.

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 03:22 AM
link   
since 1776 when the US was formed it has been involved in over 220 wars ..

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I'm leaning towards Russia just keeps up appearances with China. While they may have similar interests like Iran and Venezuela, China is far more reliant on them than Russia. Russia has enough fossil fuels to satisfy their domestic and export needs, having oil rich allies just helps keep up a sphere of influence. China on the other hand has to import their energy needs.

As you pointed out, China could just get the motivation to find energy resources closer to home. They've certainly showed they're willing to impede on their neighbors by claiming the sea around them as Chinese territorial waters.

Either way, when it comes to those two with Iran... I think Russia wouldn't want to hurt the chances of US helping them with a China problem... And I don't think China is ready to project out of their immediate area. They simply don't have the means to fight at a different part of the globe they don't really have a footing for, or the navy to create a temporary one.

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Iran/Persia will be the Snare that the USA chose to walk into

aligning with the cauldron of Radical Islam (The SA State sponsored Wahhabism) is the wrong ally, imho

the Russia/Turkey/Iran/Syria/Lebanon/ Gaza/Iraq/Yemen bloc-of-nations along with proxy armies Houthi-Hezbollah-Palestinians-IRG & support of China & Anti-Sanction-of-Iran oil buyers world-wide
will be facing off with USA/SA/UAE bloc (Babylon the Harlot)

Trump the candidate was promising to embrace Putin instead of Demonizing Him when/If elected POTUS

the warmonger clique/ Neocon cadre has swung Trump 180 degrees... the 19 Saudi zealots that engineered 911 are hazed over into obscurity, SA (the new Babylon) is our foxhole buddy now

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: JON666

I Guess my Sarcasm Eluded you there . The Point being , " Theorizing " yet Another Middle Eastern War between the U.S. and Iran is not a Good Idea Right Now . It's just seems to Manipulative to even Suggest it . I am Sure the President is Also in Agreement with that .

It will all start between the two rivers in Iran according to the bible and Nostradamus. So there is no way it will be alleviated.

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: JON666

Japan was forced into war through economical pressure. Read the book the day of deceit it lays out how we basically forced Japan into a war, Japan was so evil we were selling them rubber and gas, we gave the Germans the technology of synthetic fuel through gasification of coal. If these countries were so evil why were we helping them to build up for a war?

Did you read my post?

BTW they both became evil wouldn't you say?

As evil as the US Calvary and the indigenous people of the US? They waited what 60 years after our ethnic cleansing?

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Japan was forced into war through economical pressure. Read the book the day of deceit it lays out how we basically forced Japan into a war, Japan was so evil we were selling them rubber and gas, we gave the Germans the technology of synthetic fuel through gasification of coal. If these countries were so evil why were we helping them to build up for a war?

Did you read my post?

As evil as the US Calvary and the indigenous people of the US? They waited what 60 years after our ethnic cleansing?

Comparing the ethics of people hundreds of years ago to that of decades ago... You can't look at history through today's or yesterday's optics. It doesn't translate (as far as making a comparison for the birth of US vs Japan and Germany WWII. Even if you did make the comparison, while the US was undoubtedly brutal towards indigenous people, a vast majority of deaths were from biological forces, not military.

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Did you read my post?

Comparing the ethics of people hundreds of years ago to that of decades ago... You can't look at history through today's or yesterday's optics. It doesn't translate (as far as making a comparison for the birth of US vs Japan and Germany WWII. Even if you did make the comparison, while the US was undoubtedly brutal towards indigenous people, a vast majority of deaths were from biological forces, not military.

Ethnic cleansing is ethnic cleansing no matter when it happens. The hands of our government is soaked with the innocent blood of indigenous and black people. Like I said Karma is a bitch and she has her eye on the USA. Where is the line drawn? It all happened 100 years ago, we were lynching blask clear up into what the 50's-60's. We did kill all the indians we just put them into concentration camps because we would not honer government signed peace agreements that we continued to drive them into the camps er I mean reservations.

edit on 23-9-2019 by JON666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Ethnic cleansing is ethnic cleansing no matter when it happens. The hands of our government is soaked with the innocent blood of indigenous and black people. Like I said Karma is a bitch and she has her eye on the USA. Where is the line drawn? It all happened 100 years ago, we were lynching blask clear up into what the 50's-60's. We did kill all the indians we just put them into concentration camps because we would not honer government signed peace agreements that we continued to drive them into the camps er I mean reservations.

Why live in the past and not today?
When it comes to Iran it's bombs away

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 11:41 AM
link   

edit on 23-9-2019 by CriticalStinker because: Never mind, no point.

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Lol OK, want to continue to go back in time to the caveman. You can blame a few countries in Europe like the Brits, Spanish, the Dutch etc that did the vast majority of that ethnic cleansing, slavery and what not, much more than your US calvary.

I thought we were talking about Germany and Japan... Were they evil during WWII? That is a simple yes or no question...

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 12:27 PM
link   
If we were to attack Iran I could see things spiraling out of control fast. For one I don't like the idea of Russia being parked in Syria. Two what happens when Iran starts lobbing chemical weapons at Israel or Europe. I remember Bush 1 during desert storm warning Saddam not to use chemical weapons or we'd go nuclear.

The entire middle east is a # show. Removing Saddam created a created a power vacuum. Everybody in the region was afraid of him. He may have been hated but he was feared. It cost us trillions to capture the guy.

We don't need another war. The money we'd waste would be better spent at home. I'm sick of seeing our country police the globe.

Prior to Pearl Harbor Americans didn't want anything to do with WW2. I'd like to see us get our foreign policy in line with that again. I know it will never happen though. Our culture is steeped in violence.

WW2 was a nobil cause every war since then not so much.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join