It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Engineer sees a "space portal" in his back yard....

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg

not that I am aware of at this time, only what was stated in the report.

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Very much like Philip K dick

edit on 18/9/2019 by stonerwilliam because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: data5091

not that I am aware of at this time, only what was stated in the report.

Thanks. Might have been useful if the context was known.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: data5091

Now This is the Old ATS that we all know and love.

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I have grew to understand that our future is going to be vast and we will achieve things that far surpass our minds now. Everyday someone invents something new, 10 years from now that creates a butterfly effect to drive us to technology that we just would have never discovered had it not been for that first idea. With that in mind our future will contain many improvements, amazing discoveries and those already made and kept from us, will have already placed us light years ahead of our knowledge only 100 years ago.

With this in mind, our future will certainly step upon methods to look back in time, look forward in time and anything in between. I know this will be achieved because this universe is too vastly obscure to limit any of that being possible, with what already is possible leaves us as humans lost and still searching for answers. So future us, future other life elsewhere in our universe may require traveling back and forth in time to study, observe and add to their progress by doing such. We can look at our own history to learn from it and make our future better. So why read information thats possibly false, when you can go back and see it in person and see it factually, real time.

These portals are clearly how youd expect them to look, nothing fancy, its a space from one place to another.

Interesting putting ideas together, if you ever read about Rendlesham Forest incident, where members of the British RAF made contact with an UFO and was left with binary messages, that pinpointed various places around our earth as key areas of human civilisation. That in mind, one place that springs to mind is this place: Portara, Naxos: Greece

Which is in Greece and its purpose is unknown. Maybe however this is where such portals used to open and using its structure as a pinpoint in space and time to appear from those from other worlds to visit?

If you never read about Rendlesham forest take a read of the following website: Here
edit on 21-9-2019 by BlackProject because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
This kind of easy skepticism is just another lazy way of dismissing something without really considering it.

I suppose it's within the realm of possibility, but considering that such portals as the witness described are NOT a known thing, I think it's some delusion that could be caused by a variety of known reasons -- which ARE known things.

Granted, I can't say it's 100% the case that he was delusional (or that he was making up a story, either intentionally or unintentionally), but I think it's pretty close to 100%.

A single eyewitness account of a fantastical event should perhaps be absolutely dismissed out-of-hand, but it should be viewed with healthy skepticism.

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People

A single eyewitness account of a fantastical event should perhaps be absolutely dismissed out-of-hand, but it should be viewed with healthy skepticism.

True, it's not the most auspicious of beginnings - a single witness to a rather rare (although a long-accepted theory) type of phenomenon, but its sheer rarity and unusual nature does invite a tasty analysis of the case.

The problem, as Jim stated, is that we need further information. The area in question has been known for UFO sightings, so further details would be very welcome. Perhaps further info WILL be forthcoming. Fingers crossed.

Also, without knowing more about the witness, it's difficult to jump to conclusions about his mental condition and/or motives. In fact, it would make for an interesting thread topic: Based on What a witness says and How and When they say it, when is it acceptable to start questioning their mental state?

(Eg, I got flak for labeling a Nimitz witness (Kevin Day) as delusional - based on his belief that the UFO granted him psychic abilities and apocalyptic visions, as well as a permanent feeling he is being stalked by government spooks. Added to the mix, Dave Fravor also dismisses him as a liar. I suppose a witness's state of mind is a subjective, instinctive judgement call, and every case is different, but at least Day had made statements to allow a call of any kind to be made.)

edit on 21-9-2019 by ConfusedBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ConfusedBrit

Also, without knowing more about the witness, it's difficult to jump to conclusions about his mental condition and/or motives. In fact, it would make for an interesting thread topic: Based on What a witness says and How and When they say it, when is it acceptable to start questioning their mental state?

It's not that I would necessarily question his mental state, but the fact that he was delusional or making up the story (and making up the story need not be an intentional and conscious thing, but rather an unconscious thing) should be considered at least as much of a possibility as the idea that the portal is real.

So if someone is going to say "we should have an open mind to the possibility the portal is real", then they also might as well say "we should open our minds to the possibility his story is a delusion."

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 10:37 PM
link   
No need to postulate any mental malfunction, the 'wormhole' image is often called to mind by witnesses of more prosaic but rare stimuli. It's illuminatng to see how often it appears in witness reports of twilight rocket launchings:

MISSILE FREAK-OUT IN CALIFORNIA [NOV 7, 2015]
satobs.org...

Nov 07, 2015 Trident SLBM launch off California
satobs.org...

Norway ‘spiral UFO’ of 2009
satobs.org...

Michael Ziegler == It looks like it opens a portal in the end to go back from where it came in the universe, a wormhole that it can just fly through to get back to the home planet. Which is the most fascinating thing about it.

ufoholic.com...

o
edit on 21-9-2019 by JimOberg because: ...

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 10:51 PM
link   
?

originally posted by: data5091
I saw this on the latest updates on Peter Davenport's NUFORC website, and this is one I have not come across many times, if at all. An Engineer who also works in the aviation industry was outside one day, comes around a corner of his backyard while outside, and sees what he described as a very dark hole, which he called/described as a possible space "portal", only to see it zip off at high speed.

An opening (hole, portal) in the fabric of space. During the early evening of July 15, 2019, as dusk approached I witnessed in my backyard what I can only describe as a “hole” in the fabric of space. It was a quick event, but long enough for me to observe and mentally register the event. When I saw it, I was unnerved to the point I left the area rather quickly, but the next morning I took a photograph from the observational vantage point and doctored it in PowerPoint to capture what I saw. The Event: I had my head down, dragging a pressurized water hose out to the garden. As I ame around the corner of the house, I looked up and observed what is shown in the image. It was about 15 to 18 ft away from me and appeared as a black hole in space, infinitely deep. It hung there for a moment, then suddenly zipped to the right at a high rate of speed, disappearing behind the building shown in the photo. I stood there stuned for a moment, and then quickly moved forward to look around the corner of the building. There was nothing unusual to be seen. Description: As it moved to the right, there was a bit of optical distortion along the left edge. That is, as it moved the edge itself remained sharp, but the view of the world adjacent to the edge was somewhat wavy, like looking through optical refraction you might see from hot air coming off a sun-baked road. It did not change size or shape as it moved and disappeared from my field of view behind the building. There was no sound or air movement as it moved away. It was not flat in space, rather the equivalent of a twisted trapezoid sheet opening. All of the edges were sharp and well-defined. As shown, there were a few sparkles of light in the lower right hand corner, similar to stars but bluer in color. There were a few pinpoints of light that were brighter than those shown, but the overall size and intensity is basically correct. The image I put together is not perfect, however it is a very close, solid representation of what I saw. Nothing however can capture the infinite depth or blackness observed through the opening. ((NUFORC Note: We spoke via telephone with the source of this report, and he seemed to us to be quite serious-minded. We suspect that he is a superlative, and quite reliable, witness. PD))

Image link of what he saw below:

www.nuforc.org...

Interesting. Portals now show up and sprint away like flying saucers?
edit on 21-9-2019 by Nightwalk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2019 @ 11:53 PM
link   
i really love when boring squares wave off something that sounds nothing at all like a drug trip as "just bad mushrooms" , what a great way to illustrate that the strongest drug you've ever done is paracetemol

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: MissSmartypants
Future humans may someday look back at our era as the time of stubborn, small minded ignorance fueled by an unwarranted arrogance. Sad.

Agreed. Those future humans may be in our lifetime. It truly is sad to see such desperate grasping for explanations. Instead of admitting that we don't know or understand everything, some suggest...a stroke, or the effects of a rocket... The entire foundation for these "explanations" is that some people think that we humans have all the answers or can at least come up with the right answers because "we know physics." It's so pathetic to watch the unimaginative hard at work in their Puritanical denial mode...

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 12:21 AM
link   
People seem very quick to dismiss and ridicule what he saw. The world is a strange place that nobody really knows how it works.
Something like this could easily happen anywhere at anytime.

We live in a world of likes, thumbs up and getting a reation. With so much disinformaton out there, it is too easy to just laugh it off.
I suggest keeping an open mind, rather than ridicule.

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 04:46 AM
link   
It's a new wormhole delivery system by Amazon.
edit on 23-9-2019 by albundy05 because: ok

edit on 23-9-2019 by albundy05 because: ok

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   

I think that's a good way to look at it, although I posted a link to another somewhat similar report. If these kinds of things - ominous geometrical black voids appearing / disappearing in thin air - can happen twice, then it's hard to say that they won't happen (or have happened) at other times. If it happened before the Internet made it possible for someone to report it, then a witness might not even bother mentioning it, and they'd just chalk it up to their poor eyesight or a brain glitch. So in a way, until we get more reports we don't know if this is a rare thing or more common than one would expect. Kind of like the way people used to think about meteorites.

Which is why I think we need to just hold off a little on instantly tossing it into the garbage before we have more data. Again, this is one of those things that could use a simple "I don't know" rather than a dismissive "he's crazy / hoaxing," and keep the door open for future reference.

But that's just me. I like mysteries.

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Whoops! In your quote above from me, I meant to write that it "...should NOT be dismissed out-of-hand, but be viewed with healthy skepticism." I think you understood what I meant, but I wanted to clarify for others.

edit on 9/23/2019 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 01:22 PM
link   

a reply to: Blue Shift

Whoops! In your quote above from me, I meant to write that it "...should NOT be dismissed out-of-hand, but be viewed with healthy skepticism." I think you understood what I meant, but I wanted to clarify for others.

Yes. "Healthy" skepticism. Not just blithely dismissed by mumbling a rote science prayer like a nun fingering her rosary.

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Migraine? Those with migraines often experience visual disturbances, i.e. auras/anomalies: sparkles, dots, stars, spots, squiggles, “flash bulb” effects, and black blind spots.
edit on 23-9-2019 by Kromlech because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kromlech
Migraine? Those with migraines often experience visual disturbances, i.e. auras/anomalies: sparkles, dots, stars, spots, squiggles, “flash bulb” effects, and black blind spots.

I've had migraines since I was 18 and never experienced anything like the witness described. Not saying it couldn't happen, but I put that into the "highly unlikely" category. Besides, he never mentioned the severe headache that usually happens afterwards.

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Any thoughts on this? I also am an engineer and heard and saw this back in August 2019.

Documented for the record on 10Aug2019 at 10:33AM EST.

I could not sleep last night as I was awake at 2:00AM. At 3:00AM I went to sit outside on the rear 2nd level deck to watch the sky. It was an OK night as I could see many stars but some haze was present from humidity. Nothing to report until around 4:36AM. I thought that I heard gun fire but it also didn’t sound like gunfire. Then I thought I heard fireworks but I really could not discern that it was fireworks. Then about 4:38AM I heard what I thought was a tree(s) cracking in the woods as if it or several were going to fall down but that noise was coming from up in outer space and it lasted for almost 20 continuous seconds. In all it was like a combination of gunfire, fireworks a tree cracking and the sound of crackling similar to an Apollo rocket engine. Then at 4:38AM EST on 10Aug2019 after the noise stopped at 60 degrees up in outer space I saw this huge brilliant orange ball of light about three times the size of a full Moon when it’s at its closest point to Earth. It lasted for about three seconds and lit up the entire sky. I did not get a clear look at it as it was up in the West sky 60 degrees up in space and 1/3 into a Sweet Gum tree in alignment from Columbia, SC to North Atlanta. Actually the last sound heard sounded like it was not of this world. It didn’t scare me but it was strange along with this massive orange light. At that point I thought was it an inbound Meteor, Asteroid, Space Junk? I don’t know as those things travel fast and the sound that began at 4:36AM was intermittent until the 4:38AM sound and orange light at 4:38AM. The entire event of sound and light did last for some time; probably at least 4 minutes overall. All of this was also preceded by what I perceived as lightening flash in outer space in the same location up in space around 15 minutes before the 4:36AM noise.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join