It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Engineer sees a "space portal" in his back yard....

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: FinallyAwake
Don't do meth kids!

I think seeing something like that might make the kids want to do meth.

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Just missed the 'Time Bandits'.

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 03:48 PM
link   
As he was a the only witness it is just as possible he had a mini-stroke or could be suffering from the onset of a brain disease. Without corroboration or tangible evidence those are also likely scenarios for what this person "witnessed".

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: abeverage
As he was a the only witness it is just as possible he had a mini-stroke or could be suffering from the onset of a brain disease. Without corroboration or tangible evidence those are also likely scenarios for what this person "witnessed".

Well, sure, that's often the case with stuff like this. But you know that strokes and brain damage are pretty serious, right? And his motivation is to... impress a bunch of paranormal kooks on a UFO site?

I posted something that indicated it might not be an isolated incident. Two strokes and people with brain damage seeing similar things?

This kind of easy skepticism is just another lazy way of dismissing something without really considering it.

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

This kind of easy skepticism is just another lazy way of dismissing something without really considering it.

Should we consider it a possibility?
Should we open our minds like a portal? : O

Humans have witnessed the densest matter outside of black holes (quark-gluon plasma) and have discovered the Higgs boson. Maybe your right, we should open our skeptical minds.

After thinking about it, I will considering it a possibility. : )

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Vantablack prank?

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Engineer sees a "space portal" in his back yard....

And I once saw Lima bean vines attacking a friend
In the 70s

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: data5091

An adult male, who describes himself as a very experienced engineer, and who occupies a very responsible position in the aviation industry

So someone said something and then said trust me I'm a doctor.

Guys, I am a NASA space engineer and I can verify that portal was the result of bad mushrooms. My post has the same credibility.

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
Glad "they" fixed it. Could have been one of those Jessica McClure tragedies.

Jessica McLure was saved and is alive and well (no pun intended).

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
Guys, I am a NASA space engineer and I can verify that portal was the result of bad mushrooms. My post has the same credibility.

Then I guess it should be easy-peasy to prove your assertion that it was all a mushroom induced hallucination (although I'm not sure how being a NASA engineer would make you an expert on that). So go ahead. Let's see what you got.

Could it possibly be that he saw some odd thing and tried to describe it as accurately as he could, with no apparent motivation to lie or bamboozle anyone? Or are you just going to hunker down with impossible and leave it at that?

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 06:51 PM
link   
"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate."

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Future humans may someday look back at our era as the time of stubborn, small minded ignorance fueled by an unwarranted arrogance. Sad.
edit on 9/17/2019 by MissSmartypants because: Edir

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I think this guy watched Land of the Lost (the 70s version) as a kid.

The episode was called "Skylons".
edit on 17-9-2019 by toolgal462 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 08:38 PM
link   

The interesting part is the “like optical refraction you might see coming off a sun-bakes road”.

The methodology of hiding the object from letting light bounce off of it back to your retinas seems to have been figured out by humans.

There was “the open hanger door floating above the desert road”, several ATS folk reporting big black triangles (including me), even a member who realized that the BBT was trying to mess with how his mind works (like the old lady who is “not supposed to see” what she actually saw). That, to me says that they may have the tech but it it is not always functional for the entire population.

Personally, the LDS or shrooms would have been preferable as seeing it becomes a bit of an obsession (some more than others, lol). A few hours tripping vs a few months scouring the webz for accounts, sightings, tech “break throughs”, “new” propulsion tech, metamaterials, 2D materials, only to find more questions...

The high tech looks like “magic” or, only those with “magic eyes” can see it. And we try to tell Others and they scoff! Or say we all had strokes... well, if that is what really happened 5 years ago, then I am truly blessed! Most don’t make it through a weekend let alone years (only self treated with beer and pizza!)

When ya’ll’s time comes to see one... I will not be scoffing.

ETA: That “shimmer” thing seems to be part of a genuine sighting of whatever it is that is making that effect
edit on 17-9-2019 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: clarity

edit on 17-9-2019 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: Forgot the point of my post!

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF
I too find it somewhat funny that on the UFO board people are calling it a stroke etc.

I was thinking about it and from reading it I thought, maybe it was just a floater. However the representation of it as having sharp corners throws that out completely.

Perhaps the "shimmering" is actually from the heat of waste energy it takes to open such a portal.

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 10:23 PM
link   

This interesting thread sort-of supports my thread about dimensionals. There's no doubt that we are in a system that supports the dimensions we can perceive but they are not the only ones. The engineer experienced something and his representation of it gives him validity. Thanks for posting it.

It's too bad that for your effort all you get is the usual idiotic replies. No one offers anything resembling intelligence and respect. I apologize for them.

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I wonder if this representation is supposed to be a perfectly squared rectangle, but placed in a perspective angle. It isn't quite lined up with the horizon line and out of proper perspective for a perfect 3-D rectangle. This engineer is likely not adept at rendering a 2 or 3 point perspective, but it seems that is what he was trying to show in this representation.

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 04:01 AM
link   
a reply to: abeverage

The first thing I thought was some effect in this guy's eye due to blood pressure. The window seems to be about the same size. Maybe the light was just right to cause some kind of persistence of vision thing.

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Well we can rule out Dr Strange or any other wizards..

They do round Sparkly portals..

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Is there any info on where/when/direction/duration of this event?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join