It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Engineer sees a "space portal" in his back yard....

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I saw this on the latest updates on Peter Davenport's NUFORC website, and this is one I have not come across many times, if at all. An Engineer who also works in the aviation industry was outside one day, comes around a corner of his backyard while outside, and sees what he described as a very dark hole, which he called/described as a possible space "portal", only to see it zip off at high speed.

An opening (hole, portal) in the fabric of space. During the early evening of July 15, 2019, as dusk approached I witnessed in my backyard what I can only describe as a “hole” in the fabric of space. It was a quick event, but long enough for me to observe and mentally register the event. When I saw it, I was unnerved to the point I left the area rather quickly, but the next morning I took a photograph from the observational vantage point and doctored it in PowerPoint to capture what I saw. The Event: I had my head down, dragging a pressurized water hose out to the garden. As I ame around the corner of the house, I looked up and observed what is shown in the image. It was about 15 to 18 ft away from me and appeared as a black hole in space, infinitely deep. It hung there for a moment, then suddenly zipped to the right at a high rate of speed, disappearing behind the building shown in the photo. I stood there stuned for a moment, and then quickly moved forward to look around the corner of the building. There was nothing unusual to be seen. Description: As it moved to the right, there was a bit of optical distortion along the left edge. That is, as it moved the edge itself remained sharp, but the view of the world adjacent to the edge was somewhat wavy, like looking through optical refraction you might see from hot air coming off a sun-baked road. It did not change size or shape as it moved and disappeared from my field of view behind the building. There was no sound or air movement as it moved away. It was not flat in space, rather the equivalent of a twisted trapezoid sheet opening. All of the edges were sharp and well-defined. As shown, there were a few sparkles of light in the lower right hand corner, similar to stars but bluer in color. There were a few pinpoints of light that were brighter than those shown, but the overall size and intensity is basically correct. The image I put together is not perfect, however it is a very close, solid representation of what I saw. Nothing however can capture the infinite depth or blackness observed through the opening. ((NUFORC Note: We spoke via telephone with the source of this report, and he seemed to us to be quite serious-minded. We suspect that he is a superlative, and quite reliable, witness. PD))

Image link of what he saw below:

www.nuforc.org...
edit on 17pm30pm5091 by data5091 because: insertion

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Quantum leap?
I would love to see something like that.

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: data5091

I'll have whatever he's on.

From your link:

edit on 17-9-2019 by FauxMulder because: (no reason given)

link   

Sound like Magic Mushrooms or '___' trip to me. Anyhow funny as hell.

link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

If you read it, that's not any photo he took, its a representation of what he saw.

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: chris_stibrany

yes.

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: chris_stibrany

I know.

He's still on something.

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Really???

I mean thats what i call CGI and then some.

Must have taken days to render.

edit on 17-9-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Glad "they" fixed it. Could have been one of those Jessica McClure tragedies.

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sanitarium79

Sound like Magic Mushrooms or '___' trip to me. Anyhow funny as hell.

Does it mean that it did not happen, or was somehow "less real" whatever that means.

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: solve

"A mad man sees what he sees"

Ned Stark, GoT.

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Not exactly what I expected to see as a space portal. Looks more like a photoshop.

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sanitarium79
a reply to: solve

"A mad man sees what he sees"

Ned Stark, GoT.

"Reality is frequently inaccurate"

-Douglas Adams-

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 01:33 PM
link   

I've seen this several times before....in comics.

Finally life mimics comic books! : )

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder

I'll have whatever he's on.

From your link:

It's The Monolith from " 2001 A Space Odyssey " isn't it ?

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I actually find this quite Interesting, even if it is a bit of a whacky tale. An engineer would probably act exactly like this, once over the initial shock, he would have to find out what it was, how it worked and could he take it apart and reassemble it.

In all seriousness though, its very odd, not your usual unusual tale.

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I remember seeing a thing on YouTube, on "Beyond Creepy," where a woman described seeing a similar kind of black "cube" hovering in the air a little ways outside her back door. She, however, indicated that it had a kind of curious mental effect on her that made her feel like "you shouldn't be seeing this," and she just kind of forgot about it and went back to watching TV or whatever she was doing. After a few minutes, however, she remembered that she had seen something odd and went back to look at it again, and sure enough it was still there. She did that a couple more times and eventually the thing just wasn't there anymore.

I guess all these crazy paranormal things have to come and go from somewhere. A big black doorway into another reality would work as good as anything, I guess.
edit on 17-9-2019 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Yes! An abridged version, if you will.

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Don't do meth kids!

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 02:03 PM
link   
those are neato.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>