It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When kitty worlds collide

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: doctorhypotenuse

I have had cats most of my life and only once did I have a rescue that hated my other two cats. Eventually she just learned to tolerate the other two, but kept her distance.

Cats are like people and each one has their own personality. Hard to say what might happen. Keep looking for answers. I wish you and your kitties much luck.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 12:43 PM
link   

You are a good pet Daddy, the very best. My belief is when you take in a pet they are like your own child (you would never get rid of a child for bad behavior, confusion, not getting along with others - you just find a way to make it work). And that makes it so much harder because if the one cat is the problem then you are dealing with a being that has its own mind, desires, status.

I hope the situation works out. The cat pheromones helped us tremendously with our older cats as they started to pee in wrong areas, ie: not their litter box and stresses beyond my control (stray cats staring at them outside our patio doors, ha ha).

And in my lifetime, I have met 3 nasty, nasty cats that simply had to be the only cats in the house and so I think sometimes it can be the biggest battle.

I hope for the very best for all involved. I'm very proud of you for all you've done.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I love cats, but they don’t seem to like each other unless they’re from the same litter. That’s been my personal experience; perhaps I’ve been unlucky in that regard. However, when a new cat is introduced, the ones already there seem to unite in their loathing for the new guy. Not that they suddenly seem to like each other, but they all seem to hate the rookie. My recommendation is to add a new cat each year, making it the scapegoat, or scapecat in this case, for one year. Its turn to bully will come after one year of paying its dues. Circle of life.
edit on 4-9-2019 by Scapegrace because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

Thank you for replying to my post. I hope one day missy and molly will get back together haha. In all seriousness, if I figure this out I'll let you know how I did it and maybe we can fix their issues.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

That would be fine with me! I just wish that I could look away for a moment and kiki (eldest except childhood cat) (was named that before the dumb song came out)wouldnt pounce on her. One day they will hopefully just avoid one another and nobody will have to be put away. Thank you for the reply!

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: hiddeninsite

Thank you! I appreciate all the nice words. will definitely be looking into the pheromones. I also feel that way about pets. Never take one in that you dont plan on keeping for the rest of their life or yours. I plan to have my cats cremated (if they're dead)and kept in my mausoleum. Family is forever

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Scapegrace

Haha Haha! Brilliant! The only problem would be the poop I can't take any more poop! I'm already struggling on that battle front. Plus I think I'm done bringing cats home. It's too hard when they pass. And now that I'm a couple thousand miles away from my family pet cemetery. It's looking like I may look into cremation. Get some Egyptian style cat vases

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 03:38 PM
link   

I had to put Max and Missy to sleep in 2016 and Molly in 2017.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 04:46 PM
link   

And now that I'm a couple thousand miles away from my family pet cemetery. It's looking like I may look into cremation. Get some Egyptian style cat vases

I love the idea of the Egyptian cat vases for ashes! If I would have done that through the years, I would need a separate house just for the vases. Lol

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: doctorhypotenuse
a reply to: Scapegrace

Haha Haha! Brilliant! The only problem would be the poop I can't take any more poop! I'm already struggling on that battle front. Plus I think I'm done bringing cats home. It's too hard when they pass. And now that I'm a couple thousand miles away from my family pet cemetery. It's looking like I may look into cremation. Get some Egyptian style cat vases

Yes, you love them and then they’re gone all too soon. I keep telling myself I won’t get any more.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

I'm very sorry to hear that. May all three of them rest in peace. Losing pets can be just as hard as losing a human family member for some.
edit on 4-9-2019 by doctorhypotenuse because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 03:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Now, I can't tell you that's maybe what you need -- a male to put your colony in order just by being there. But that's what stopped our fighting when we were down to just females.

We have noticed, also, that having a great male leadercat makes all the difference in the world. It can't be just any male cat, though. When we lost our last great leader, the next big male thought he was it.....except he's crazy and a bit of a bully. He actually makes things worse.

When you have a good male leadercat, it holds the bullies in check. They make other cats knock it off when things get out of hand. How to tell whether a cat had leadership potential? No idea.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join