It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breixt: Another week of crazy political drama

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

My prediction however......

More Tories will vote against the government later today, I think now that the floodgates have opened more will follow and also be deselected from their party. I don't think it will be as much as last night but I think its reasonable to assume one or two will be sacked.

I think its fair to expect that the bill to force the PM to ask for an extension will pass.

Following this he will try to motion a movement for a general election, the outcome of this could be unpredictable, he needs 66% of MPs to agree and I think he will struggle to secure this even with the DUP onside and the SNP voting for it. He could then try to motion a bill to force it through with a simple majority however I also doubt that this could pass.

Really though at this point I wouldn't be surprise if the queen turns up and has Boris and Jeremy fight to the death to decide the future course of the country.
edit on 4-9-2019 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: oldcarpy

Really though at this point I wouldn't be surprise if the queen turns up and has Boris and Jeremy fight to the death to decide the future course of the country.

This. Please.....

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 11:37 AM
link   
So the first vote in the new bill has passed and it looks like at least another 2 MPs have defied their government, no word yet on who or if they are now also going to face deselection but one would expect that to follow.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 04:42 PM
link   
So Corbyn bottled the General Election... called for it for 2 years and then when faced with a judgement from the people he sh*t his pants.

So, here's what the traitors have done:

1) Taken no deal off the table, weakening the UK's position in negotiations for a deal
2) Forced the PM to accept if the EU agree to an extension to Jan 20th
3) Forced the PM to bring a longer extension offer from the EU to the house to vote on - which could even be up to 10 years delay
4) Refused to hold a General Election top let the people vote on who THEY want to lead the discussion with the EU (after spending the last 2 years demanding an election)

...and these traitors are actually pretending they have the high ground.

Laughable but also truly disgusting.

edit on 4/9/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 04:54 PM
link   
A question for the UK folks

If they did have a general election would that have been for PM and the MPs?

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
A question for the UK folks

If they did have a general election would that have been for PM and the MPs?

MP's.
The PM is not elected by the people - he or she is usually the leader of the party with the most seats (MPs) won in the election.
edit on 4/9/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Thanks

But thats some democracy

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

Thanks

But thats some democracy

A poor form of democracy in my opinion. MPs elected by the first-past-the-post system of voting represent only a minority of their electorate in terms of their politcal views. In most case, the majority of MPS were not supported by the majority of voters. This leads to, say, only 35% of people supporting the government of the day because the 65% voted for parties that lost local elections. This is what caused the Brexit crisis: too many Remainer MPs in the House of Commons not representing the wishes of the majority of people in the country who voted for Brexit but only themselves. They have become the enemy of the people and must be removed by a general election -all parties are involved. Next, there must be a referendum to introduce a form of proportional representation to replace the outdated, unfair system that creates minority-supported governments and parliaments that do not reflect the will of the majority of the British people.
edit on 4-9-2019 by micpsi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 05:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown

Brexit voter here, having just listened to PM question time, I can state again, I will no support a buffoon and his dream of a no deal brexit

Lol at Boris losing the majority on his 1st day

Call a general election, one less vote from me

No your not a brexit voter please don’t lie

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Absolutely agree. They are traitors, plain and simple.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy

You and UKtruth need to get a grip.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: JPtruther

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown

Brexit voter here, having just listened to PM question time, I can state again, I will no support a buffoon and his dream of a no deal brexit

Lol at Boris losing the majority on his 1st day

Call a general election, one less vote from me

No your not a brexit voter please don’t lie

Please don't assume as you are so wrong, love how you and the other accuser, have not bothered to see my history regarding brexit, this website is an absolute farce with people like yourself who want accept not all us brexit voters are the same

Poor form by you but you got some stars to make you happy

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

With what in UKtruth's post do you disagree with and if so why?

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 08:32 AM
link   

With what in UKtruth's post do you disagree with and if so why?

You are calling people traitors just for having a different view.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
So Corbyn bottled the General Election... called for it for 2 years and then when faced with a judgement from the people he sh*t his pants.
So, here's what the traitors have done:
1) Taken no deal off the table, weakening the UK's position in negotiations for a deal
2) Forced the PM to accept if the EU agree to an extension to Jan 20th
3) Forced the PM to bring a longer extension offer from the EU to the house to vote on - which could even be up to 10 years delay
4) Refused to hold a General Election top let the people vote on who THEY want to lead the discussion with the EU (after spending the last 2 years demanding an election)
...and these traitors are actually pretending they have the high ground.
Laughable but also truly disgusting.

THE WHOLE SYSTEM IS CORRUPT

The people voted in a government on this occasion specifically to carry out

the will of the majority of people on a referendum for Brexit.

The first PM bottled it probably knowing the EU would NEVER allow it.

The second PM was a remainer who wasted three years doing not

the bidding of the UK people, but colluding with the EU on deals which

would keep the UK shackled to the EU.

The third PM prepared to take us out regardless has been hampered and

shackled, not by the EU but by the majority of his own party plus

the other parties........

The people of the UK have been betrayed.....they have no one representing

their interests, They dont have a government.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

Yes, indeed - a different view to the majority of the people who voted to leave the EU whose wishes they are simply choosing to ignore and, not just ignore them but to actively seek to frustrate and thwart the outcome of that vote.

Pretty disgusting, no?

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Yes, indeed - a different view to the majority of the people who voted to leave the EU whose wishes they are simply choosing to ignore and, not just ignore them but to actively seek to frustrate and thwart the outcome of that vote.

Pretty disgusting, no?

Or people who think that a no deal exit would an extremely bad idea and are doing their as elected representatives.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Yes, elected by people who voted to leave. Remind me, how many million people voted to leave and how many MP's are there determinedly trying to prevent it happening?

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Pretty disgusting, no?

Or people who think that a no deal exit would an extremely bad idea and are doing their as elected representatives.

They were elected AFTER saying they would uphold the vote of the referendum.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join