It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breixt: Another week of crazy political drama

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

You are calling people traitors just for having a different view.

You know that that is just the half of it. I thought I had made it clear that I regard these people as traitors because they are not just ignoring the leave vote they are treating it with utter contempt and doing all they can to prevent us leaving whilst betraying us and selling us out to the EU.

How many Labour MP's were elected in seats that voted to leave?

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 10:03 AM
link   
The Govt has no majority now and can not govern. Can anyone please explain why there is not an immediate General Election?

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

originally posted by: UKTruth
So Corbyn bottled the General Election... called for it for 2 years and then when faced with a judgement from the people he sh*t his pants.
So, here's what the traitors have done:
1) Taken no deal off the table, weakening the UK's position in negotiations for a deal
2) Forced the PM to accept if the EU agree to an extension to Jan 20th
3) Forced the PM to bring a longer extension offer from the EU to the house to vote on - which could even be up to 10 years delay
4) Refused to hold a General Election top let the people vote on who THEY want to lead the discussion with the EU (after spending the last 2 years demanding an election)
...and these traitors are actually pretending they have the high ground.
Laughable but also truly disgusting.

THE WHOLE SYSTEM IS CORRUPT

The people voted in a government on this occasion specifically to carry out

the will of the majority of people on a referendum for Brexit.

The first PM bottled it probably knowing the EU would NEVER allow it.

The second PM was a remainer who wasted three years doing not

the bidding of the UK people, but colluding with the EU on deals which

would keep the UK shackled to the EU.

The third PM prepared to take us out regardless has been hampered and

shackled, not by the EU but by the majority of his own party plus

the other parties........

The people of the UK have been betrayed.....they have no one representing

their interests, They dont have a government.

Indeed, very dark days for democracy in our country.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy
The Govt has no majority now and can not govern. Can anyone please explain why there is not an immediate General Election?

Because the EU doesn't want one - the impasse is just fine for them.
Expect the latest extension to be years long - with the Prime Minister forced to bring it back to Parliament for a decision - a parliament actively working in the EU's interests.
The other thing to watch out for are the CONDITIONS that an extension come with - my guess is that the EU is going to demand a second referendum and will not offer an extension without one. In other words the EU will be deciding we have to vote again.

edit on 5/9/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

Yes, indeed - a different view to the majority of the people who voted to leave the EU whose wishes they are simply choosing to ignore and, not just ignore them but to actively seek to frustrate and thwart the outcome of that vote.

Pretty disgusting, no?

Or people who think that a no deal exit would an extremely bad idea and are doing their as elected representatives.

They were elected AFTER saying they would uphold the vote of the referendum.

Boris Johnson voted against brexit twice.

Is he a double traitor?

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Probably. I'm getting past caring now.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 10:31 AM
link   

You are calling people traitors just for having a different view.

You know that that is just the half of it. I thought I had made it clear that I regard these people as traitors because they are not just ignoring the leave vote they are treating it with utter contempt and doing all they can to prevent us leaving whilst betraying us and selling us out to the EU.

How many Labour MP's were elected in seats that voted to leave?

Same question is johnson also traitor?

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Answered above.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Answered above.

Fair enough.

Personally I think calling someone traitor over a subject you don't really care about seems a tad hyperbolic but each to their own.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Come off it. You know very well what I meant.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I know you agreed with UKtruth whose posting history suggest a fairly literal interpretation of the word traitor.

Things would would be a lot better round here if we all recognised its possible to have a different viewpoint without there being some nefarious motive.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Latest from Boris is that he would rather be "dead in a ditch" than ask for another extention!

Where do we go from here?

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Churchhousecreeper

We need a General Election. The Government does not command a Commons majority, so it's impotent. The Labour Party and their supporters are turning this into a vindictive act which serves no public good.

What is playing now is crass politics of the most divisive kind. It is not helping the reputation of politicians to carry on this farce.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 12:17 PM
link   

I know you agreed with UKtruth whose posting history suggest a fairly literal interpretation of the word traitor.

Things would would be a lot better round here if we all recognised its possible to have a different viewpoint without there being some nefarious motive.

It's not really debatable.
If you go against a democratic vote to leave the EU, after promising to implement the result of that vote in order to get elected, then help the EU negotiate it's position against your own country - you are indeed a traitor. Literally.

Those that support the actions of the traitors are not themselves traitors, they just give aid and comfort to the traitors.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 12:19 PM
link   

It's not really debatable.
If you go against a democratic vote after promising to implement the result of that vote in order to get elected, then help the EU negotiate it's position against your own country - you are indeed a traitor. Literally.

Those that support the actions of the traitors are not themselves traitors, they just give aid and comfort to the traitors.

Is Johnson also a traitor ?

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Churchhousecreeper
Latest from Boris is that he would rather be "dead in a ditch" than ask for another extention!

An election, but the Labour party are playing silly games for political purposes.
They have created the chaos, are extending it and then using it to try and garner votes. They will find that their stratgy will not work. Eventually there WILL be a general election and Labour are going to be decimated.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Nope. He voted against May's deal, which was NOT delivering what the people voted for.
Quiet clearly, he is acting to ensure the UK leaves the EU and cuts political ties - just what was voted for.
To suggest otherwise is a really bad case of whataboutism.
I guess that is all that is left for you? At least you are not trying to defend the actions of the traitors. That's something.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Nope. He voted against May's deal, which was NOT delivering what the people voted for.

Really, when was that referendum?

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 12:25 PM
link   

I don;t even think you know what you are talking about - so I can't image anyone else does.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 12:29 PM
link   

I don;t even think you know what you are talking about - so I can't image anyone else does.

You said it wasn't what people voted for. I assumed there must have been a referendum I missed?

Or were you projecting your own opinion on to 17 million people?

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join