It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Own Close Up Sighting Of A Large Orange Ball Of Light Directly Over Head

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jay Electronica

originally posted by: MissSmartypants
We're baby boomers. We don't run around the house with our cell phones in our hands.

I'm pretty sure that's got nothing to do with your generation... Please just consider keeping a camera with you when you go skywatching, in case you see another UFO

Most of the time, one doesn't immediately think, 'It's an UFO'. They are ruminating over natural possibilities of known flying objects until they run out of ideas. Like the OP, they call on another to witness it and offer their perspective.

By the time, they perceive it is unknown to them, then they will begin to seek more details to research it further later. Even if they had a phone camera, it would not necessary capture the sharper details that they see with your own eyes. My camera is great for general lighting family and scenic pics, but try and take a pic of a gorgeous big harvest moon and it is dramatically reduced in pixel size and zooming in makes it fuzzy.

I appreciate those who can manage a pic or video, but more so those who take the time to note specific details even more and share their testimony.

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Visiting ESB
Great thread, thanks!

I saw a "fireball-like" spherical object over 20 years ago as well. I live in Colorado and was traveling in the northern part of the state where it's just wilderness/forests, heading to Ft. Collins on the scenic route. It was middle part of the day, sunny and I had my window rolled down because I loved the sound of "nothing". I was driving along the side of a mountain and to my left and below I saw the bright orange fireball slowly coming down in a straight line. It was dropping into the forest below and I pulled over to watch. It was about the size of a dime if held at arms length and was very pretty and solid looking. It finally disappeared into the heavily forested area and I watched for any sign of smoke or fire but saw nothing after that.

Another time, in 2007, I saw outside of Castle Rock, Colorado, 7 white globe-looking objects which had formed a circlular pattern in what seemed a very high altitude. Then they slowly started "blinking out", one by one until they were all gone. Their size was about half the size of a dime at arms length and were solid white, not shiny but a soft glow.

The eyewitness evidence of fiery-balled foo fighter defense shields, is compelling enough to consider...that they do not cause uncontrollable forest fires when they land in fire prone areas. But possibly might be able to cause one if need be.

May I suggest that ya'll checkout NUFORC's "fireball shape" eyewitness accounts, in chronological order on their website.

"NUFORC ONLINE DATABASE - Index by Shape of UFO - Fireball - www.nuforc.org...

Example:

www.nuforc.org...

edit on 11-8-2019 by Erno86 because: added a sentence

edit on 11-8-2019 by Erno86 because: added link

edit on 11-8-2019 by Erno86 because: ditto

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

Most of the time, one doesn't immediately think, 'It's an UFO'. They are ruminating over natural possibilities of known flying objects until they run out of ideas.
I'm not so sure that's the case.

While walking down to the beach one fine summer day I came upon a group of people looking up with their hands shading their eyes from the Sun and pointing at the sky. I looked up but couldn't see anything. As I got closer to them I could hear comments; "It's huge!", "Look how fast it's going!"

Really curious now, I asked what they were looking at. One of them said, "It's a UFO. Look, right there." I looked. I saw. A black toy balloon about 10" in diameter and maybe 100' in the air, drifting with the wind.

An object isolated in the sky, with no points of reference, can fool the eye. The observers had made the assumption that this was a very large object. Going from that assumption, because it looked so small, it must be very high in the sky. From there, its motion must be very fast instead of just drifting with the wind, the way balloons do. As a group, they had come to the wrong conclusion about what they were looking at. Their excited chatter feeding the illusion.

I said, "Um, I think it's a balloon." There was an immediate, "Yeah, right. Look how big it is." But then there were some abashed giggles as the observers' perspective changed. The group dispersed as the balloon passed under a cloud, making it obvious what was being seen.

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Testimony IS evidence. Testimony is a report of the observations of the experiencer. In many ways, it is similar to the report of a scientist's observations of whatever phenomenon he/she is studying. We have to be able to judge whether they are credible and then decide...

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Visiting ESB

Testimony is evidence, I agree. Somebody in the thread above also mentioned that testimony is used in court, of course it is, nobody sane is going argue against the efficacy of testimony as a form of evidence. But in a courtroom there are always counter arguments, the quality of testimonial evidence is tested in all sorts of ways.

My point is that I don’t think it’s unreasonable to:

A) ask questions, probe, look for inconsistencies in testimonial, video, photographic and material evidence. After all, isn’t the point for us to find out what is going on in as conclusive a way as possible?

B) hope for a certain quality of evidence. Science doesn’t rely on testimony in the same way as a courtroom, credible scientific evidence is usually repeatable by other scientists (verifiable). Obviously any evidence as to the true nature of any currently inexplicable UFO is highly unlikely to be repeatable, but we should ideally strive for something like the below;
Video and testimony from multiple unlinked sources, ideally some of the witnesses are are military, police, pilots etc
Honestly, it’s nice to see people stick up for each other on here, but it’s akin to tossing coins into a wishing well when “defending” individual testimony with scant verifiable detail.

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Crazy I just came across this after seeing an orange UFO last night. First I saw two white streaks of light no more than 100ft over my head. Then the orange one appeared over the trees it was massive and super bright. It darted around a bit then sank and vanished. It acted as if it knew i could see it. I also felt the urge to get my butt inside and watch it from the window lol. Very strange experience....

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRealSolarPanel
Crazy I just came across this after seeing an orange UFO last night. First I saw two white streaks of light no more than 100ft over my head. Then the orange one appeared over the trees it was massive and super bright. It darted around a bit then sank and vanished. It acted as if it knew i could see it. I also felt the urge to get my butt inside and watch it from the window lol. Very strange experience....
I know what you mean... The second I realized it had changed direction and was heading towards me...and knowing I had no earthly idea (pun intended) what it could be...I became a little frightened and panicky and called for my husband to come out there. I guess I figured if I was going down then he was going down with me. lol.

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: LobBazaar
a reply to: Visiting ESB

Testimony is evidence, I agree. Somebody in the thread above also mentioned that testimony is used in court, of course it is, nobody sane is going argue against the efficacy of testimony as a form of evidence. But in a courtroom there are always counter arguments, the quality of testimonial evidence is tested in all sorts of ways.

My point is that I don’t think it’s unreasonable to:

A) ask questions, probe, look for inconsistencies in testimonial, video, photographic and material evidence. After all, isn’t the point for us to find out what is going on in as conclusive a way as possible?

B) hope for a certain quality of evidence. Science doesn’t rely on testimony in the same way as a courtroom, credible scientific evidence is usually repeatable by other scientists (verifiable). Obviously any evidence as to the true nature of any currently inexplicable UFO is highly unlikely to be repeatable, but we should ideally strive for something like the below;
Video and testimony from multiple unlinked sources, ideally some of the witnesses are are military, police, pilots etc
Honestly, it’s nice to see people stick up for each other on here, but it’s akin to tossing coins into a wishing well when “defending” individual testimony with scant verifiable detail.
I will try to be more prepared next time. My bad.
As a matter of fact, I'm assembling a camera crew and a team of "high quality" witnesses right now as we speak.
edit on 8/11/2019 by MissSmartypants because: Edit

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: CynConcepts

Most of the time, one doesn't immediately think, 'It's an UFO'. They are ruminating over natural possibilities of known flying objects until they run out of ideas.
I'm not so sure that's the case.

While walking down to the beach one fine summer day I came upon a group of people looking up with their hands shading their eyes from the Sun and pointing at the sky. I looked up but couldn't see anything. As I got closer to them I could hear comments; "It's huge!", "Look how fast it's going!"

Really curious now, I asked what they were looking at. One of them said, "It's a UFO. Look, right there." I looked. I saw. A black toy balloon about 10" in diameter and maybe 100' in the air, drifting with the wind.

An object isolated in the sky, with no points of reference, can fool the eye. The observers had made the assumption that this was a very large object. Going from that assumption, because it looked so small, it must be very high in the sky. From there, its motion must be very fast instead of just drifting with the wind, the way balloons do. As a group, they had come to the wrong conclusion about what they were looking at. Their excited chatter feeding the illusion.

I said, "Um, I think it's a balloon." There was an immediate, "Yeah, right. Look how big it is." But then there were some abashed giggles as the observers' perspective changed. The group dispersed as the balloon passed under a cloud, making it obvious what was being seen.
Well Phage, we can't both be right all the time...
But one of us can...and I call dibs on it being me.

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: MissSmartypants

I have no doubt you saw something that you don't know what it was.

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: MissSmartypants

I have no doubt you saw something that you don't know what it was.
I appreciate that and that's all I ask for.

(post by RobertDillahubris removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 11:09 PM
link   
That's very interesting!

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 05:20 PM
link   

I've seen a lot of accounts lately of people seeing slow moving orange balls of light in the sky and of all these accounts none of them were as close up and detailed as my sighting. And yes, my husband MrSmartypants saw it too. So I figured it's sort of my duty to relay the details of my sighting.
It was last year, 2018, at the end of the summer (I don't remember what month) about 10:00 pm on a clear night. I was out in the backyard (large backyard at the end of a dead end street) just piddling around. I was standing facing the back of my house looking due North when in the sky slightly to my left I saw a large round bright orange light slowly heading in a south/south/easterly direction and I immediately thought it was a helicopter search light and I just as quickly realized helicopter search lights are not orange. And at that point it changed its direction to a due south path taking it directly towards my location, not descending but slowly coming straight towards me (believe it or don't) and at that point, the back door was open so I started yelling for my husband to hurry and get out there and see it. He got outside just in time to see it slowly reach a spot directly over my head. I had to bend my head back as far as it would go and look straight up. As for its size if the size of a star as seen from earth looks as big as the end of a pencil eraser then this was the size of a dinner plate. It's moving so slowly it almost seemed to just hang there in space and I did not take my eyes off of it. It's color (contrasted against the dark night sky) was an intense, vivid, deep orange and the color was uniform across the surface, no slight changes in hue or anything...just perfectly uniform color. And scattered across the surface were these little curlicue-like swirls going in all different directions. They were visible because the outer edges of the little swirly things were outlined with a thin, sharp bright red line. If the orange ball of light was the size of a dinner plate then each of these swirls were one inch long. And when I say sharp I mean there was nothing blurry about this. I could see every detail of this intense pure orange surface sharply and clearly. I then had the presence of mind to think I really need to pay attention to as much detail as I can before it's gone...so I looked at the outer edge of it and it was sharp, smooth and distinct against the sky... and perfectly round. I can't emphasize enough how perfectly round this was. You just don't see colors that pure and homogeneous and shapes so perfectly round in nature. And around the edge was a thin layer of whitish haze (and by thin I mean the candy coating on a M&M thin or a little larger). The haze did not slowly dissipate out into space but stayed confined to the thin layer.
At this time my husband started to get spooked and went back in the house but I never once took my eyes off of it. I watched it as it slowly continued due south until it was out of sight. It made no sound.

This is so interesting and amazing for me to read, why? Because look on my posts, I wrote about the exact same thing back in I think 2008. I saw same thing with my mum, in my back garden, which was silent and perfectly round like you said. Quite literally the same thing. (Check out my post if you will, it may shock you how close our interpretation is of this) one thing I always said about it was when I saw the orb I saw, I felt like it did not want me there. As if to leave, odd that your husband left and you stayed. Maybe he got that feeling?

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 04:28 AM
link   
I'm not saying it is but I just want to offer a possibility.

It sounds like it could be an l.e.d. balloon🎈.

I'm not trying to burst your bubble.

Interesting post. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlackProject

I've seen a lot of accounts lately of people seeing slow moving orange balls of light in the sky and of all these accounts none of them were as close up and detailed as my sighting. And yes, my husband MrSmartypants saw it too. So I figured it's sort of my duty to relay the details of my sighting.
It was last year, 2018, at the end of the summer (I don't remember what month) about 10:00 pm on a clear night. I was out in the backyard (large backyard at the end of a dead end street) just piddling around. I was standing facing the back of my house looking due North when in the sky slightly to my left I saw a large round bright orange light slowly heading in a south/south/easterly direction and I immediately thought it was a helicopter search light and I just as quickly realized helicopter search lights are not orange. And at that point it changed its direction to a due south path taking it directly towards my location, not descending but slowly coming straight towards me (believe it or don't) and at that point, the back door was open so I started yelling for my husband to hurry and get out there and see it. He got outside just in time to see it slowly reach a spot directly over my head. I had to bend my head back as far as it would go and look straight up. As for its size if the size of a star as seen from earth looks as big as the end of a pencil eraser then this was the size of a dinner plate. It's moving so slowly it almost seemed to just hang there in space and I did not take my eyes off of it. It's color (contrasted against the dark night sky) was an intense, vivid, deep orange and the color was uniform across the surface, no slight changes in hue or anything...just perfectly uniform color. And scattered across the surface were these little curlicue-like swirls going in all different directions. They were visible because the outer edges of the little swirly things were outlined with a thin, sharp bright red line. If the orange ball of light was the size of a dinner plate then each of these swirls were one inch long. And when I say sharp I mean there was nothing blurry about this. I could see every detail of this intense pure orange surface sharply and clearly. I then had the presence of mind to think I really need to pay attention to as much detail as I can before it's gone...so I looked at the outer edge of it and it was sharp, smooth and distinct against the sky... and perfectly round. I can't emphasize enough how perfectly round this was. You just don't see colors that pure and homogeneous and shapes so perfectly round in nature. And around the edge was a thin layer of whitish haze (and by thin I mean the candy coating on a M&M thin or a little larger). The haze did not slowly dissipate out into space but stayed confined to the thin layer.
At this time my husband started to get spooked and went back in the house but I never once took my eyes off of it. I watched it as it slowly continued due south until it was out of sight. It made no sound.

This is so interesting and amazing for me to read, why? Because look on my posts, I wrote about the exact same thing back in I think 2008. I saw same thing with my mum, in my back garden, which was silent and perfectly round like you said. Quite literally the same thing. (Check out my post if you will, it may shock you how close our interpretation is of this) one thing I always said about it was when I saw the orb I saw, I felt like it did not want me there. As if to leave, odd that your husband left and you stayed. Maybe he got that feeling?

Thank you so much for your post. I just read your account of your sighting. Except for the small swirling currents (?) on the surface it sounds identical.
And at the risk of sounding bat poop crazy I have to admit that when it changed direction and started heading in my direction I had an instantaneous desire to run. It "felt" like it had heard my thoughts about it and was not pleased. And the red tinged swirls looked angry somehow. Crazy, I know... but that's what it felt like. My husband was spooked enough that I have never been able to get him to talk about it. Not one word from him about it. I never pressed him about it because I know it scared him.
edit on 8/13/2019 by MissSmartypants because: Edit

edit on 8/13/2019 by MissSmartypants because: Edit

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 02:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlackProject

Thank you so much for your post. I just read your account of your sighting. Except for the small swirling currents (?) on the surface it sounds identical.
And at the risk of sounding bat poop crazy I have to admit that when it changed direction and started heading in my direction I had an instantaneous desire to run. It "felt" like it had heard my thoughts about it and was not pleased. And the red tinged swirls looked angry somehow. Crazy, I know... but that's what it felt like. My husband was spooked enough that I have never been able to get him to talk about it. Not one word from him about it. I never pressed him about it because I know it scared him.

It is really nice to hear back from you, I was waiting for your reply because I wanted to know what you thought. It is so interesting that you felt the need to run and more interestingly is that you say if felt like it heard your thoughts. That is a very similar feeling I go, like it saw me, it knew why I was looking at it and it was not shy to stay there. Yet for me, I felt like it wanted me to look away.

Interestingly the days after my thoughts started to fade from what I saw and I knew this as for the first few days I kept talking about it to others and each day, I felt like I could remember a little less each time. So I tried my best to keep remembering to the point I forced myself to recall it all. Not sure if you had similar feelings? But overall made me feel like it wanted me to forget.

It really is so odd. I never thought I would see a sighting and so readily available in my garden but I did and it was odd.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join