It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Own Close Up Sighting Of A Large Orange Ball Of Light Directly Over Head

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Erno86
MissSmartyPants

I find it unsuual that the orange orb you observed did not look like it was on fire. Or maybe you guys were too far away to discern the flames licking around the foo fighter's defensive, magnetically contained --- reddish-orange --- fusion plasma shield; sporting no fiery tail. The swirling you observed is promising...since it possibly might be an indication of electrified swirling plasma currents. Much like the one I observed --- in it's landing phase (about 1 mile away, big as my fist extended at arm's length) one night in November, 1976 --- approximately 40 miles west of Washington D.C..

My foo fighter observation of it's physical and color characteristics, were similar to Gut's observation of one (possible E.T. foo fighter) --- in it's takeoff phase.
Yes, swirling currents is a good description of what I saw. I specifically looked for flames coming off the outer edge but there were none. The swirls looked liked they were flush with the surface and not flames coming off of the surface. Staring at the undulating swirls was quite hypnotic and I had to make a conscious effort to examine the rest of it.
edit on 8/8/2019 by MissSmartypants because: Edit

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: MissSmartypants

Yeah. Well a sky lantern is a physical thing that has a shape. They're pretty weird looking, actually, if you don't know what you're looking at.

Freaked Sig out. Even with binocs.
Thank you. Now that I know what a sky lantern looks like I can definitively say it was not a sky lantern. Until recently I figured it was some unknown type of natural phenomenon...something along the lines of ball lightning. But now with all the sightings by Navy pilots off the coast of Virginia Beach in 2015 ( I live on the Virginia Beach/Norfolk border) I'm not so sure.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jay Electronica
You guys been coming to ATS for over 10yrs, I wish one of started filming. Your husband should've grabbed a cellphone

Either way, thanks for sharing
We're baby boomers. We don't run around the house with our cell phones in our hands.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 02:15 PM
link   

As to what I think it could have been...my thoughts run from a biological plasma entity to a spherical craft that glows orange when in operation (could be man made?) or perhaps a natural plasma phenomenon created by tectonic processes within the earth (earth lights?).

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Thanks for posting your sighting MissSmartypants and some of your aspects of description did remind me of the very strange goings on in Marley Woods - Ted Phillips is quite a well respected chap in UFO research and it seems he's now pretty experienced when it comes to bizarre UFO orb cases.

Ted R. Phillips is the Director of the Center for Physical Trace Research. He began investigating UFO reports in 1964 and was a research associate of Dr. J. Allen Hynek from 1968 until Dr. Hynek's death in 1986. It was at Allen Hynek's suggestion that he began specializing in physical traces associated with UFO sightings in 1968. Ted has personally investigated some 600 UFO cases.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 02:40 PM
link   
My wife and her mother of 65 were walking home one night and watch a glassy orb swirling with fire move across the sky in font of them, they said if you held your hand out to arms length and pictured holding a golf ball between finger and thumb it was that size.
A taxi driver also screeched to a halt and said what the fk is that?

About 15 years ago on a summer evening, and the sun was behind them....

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Have you ever seen a sky lantern.
Did this differ qualitatively?

One thing that a lot of people seem to notice (other than there's no little candle hanging from them), is that they rotate rapidly. Now maybe it's possible for a Chinese lantern to spin rapidly without going out and falling, but it seems unlikely. I don't know. Never seen a real OBOL myself.

I was thinking the other day, however, that it would be funny to find out that the Chinese invented their lanterns to acknowledge or emulate the real orange balls of light that they had occasionally seen. Even the suspended lanterns are usually round with gold tassels, which might be a representation of the probably natural balls of light that they've seen around. Some are associated with specific dates, particularly the Leonid Meteor Shower at the end of the year. Randall Carlson might have something to say about that.

Fun stuff.
edit on 8-8-2019 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 03:07 PM
link   

All those options seem possible. I thought of my orb sighting as, "Thanks for sharing!" [I saw an orange sphere trucking south and when it seemed to notice it was being watched it winked out. No "the lantern went up in flames with smoke," just, it wasn't there anymore]

Any strange dreams for you or the MisterSP? Have you had any sightings since then? Any other episodes of "high strangeness" or "woo" happen?

It took about six months after the orb that I saw the triangle. It seems that the orb is a precursor or trial run to see if you freak out. Mostly because it seemed to interact with you. That is the key difference between a "strange light in the sky" and "something drifting around on the wind."

It was after the triangle that my dreams took a strange turn. I wish I had been paying more attention between the two sightings. Maybe you can do a better job at that than I did!

Thanks for the share!

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

All those options seem possible. I thought of my orb sighting as, "Thanks for sharing!" [I saw an orange sphere trucking south and when it seemed to notice it was being watched it winked out. No "the lantern went up in flames with smoke," just, it wasn't there anymore]

Any strange dreams for you or the MisterSP? Have you had any sightings since then? Any other episodes of "high strangeness" or "woo" happen?

It took about six months after the orb that I saw the triangle. It seems that the orb is a precursor or trial run to see if you freak out. Mostly because it seemed to interact with you. That is the key difference between a "strange light in the sky" and "something drifting around on the wind."

It was after the triangle that my dreams took a strange turn. I wish I had been paying more attention between the two sightings. Maybe you can do a better job at that than I did!

Thanks for the share!

At the risk of raising my "woo woo" factor I reluctantly admit that I have had a few other sightings. A few months ago I saw three round unblinking yellow lights in a triangle formation flying very high and fast through the night sky. On two occasions I have seen what seemed to be stationary stars suddenly zoom up and out of sight ( my daughter was with me during one of those sightings and saw it as well).
And just a few nights ago I saw some sort of air craft with a large bright blinking red light but no white or green navigation lights like air craft usually have. I googled it afterward and could find no air craft that only uses red navigation lights.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

Have you ever seen a sky lantern.
Did this differ qualitatively?

One thing that a lot of people seem to notice (other than there's no little candle hanging from them), is that they rotate rapidly. Now maybe it's possible for a Chinese lantern to spin rapidly without going out and falling, but it seems unlikely. I don't know. Never seen a real OBOL myself.

I was thinking the other day, however, that it would be funny to find out that the Chinese invented their lanterns to acknowledge or emulate the real orange balls of light that they had occasionally seen. Even the suspended lanterns are usually round with gold tassels, which might be a representation of the probably natural balls of light that they've seen around. Some are associated with specific dates, particularly the Leonid Meteor Shower at the end of the year. Randall Carlson might have something to say about that.

Fun stuff.
I like your take on Chinese lanterns meant to look like these orange orbs. Sort of like a cargo cult tribe in the jungle building a crude wooden airplane shaped effigy to try and entice the sky gods in the airplanes flying overhead to return to them with more treasures.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 07:01 PM
link   

I would have been surprised if you did *not* have any more sightings!

They are kind of like a gateway drug!

Still don't what they are...

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

I would have been surprised if you did *not* have any more sightings!

They are kind of like a gateway drug!

Still don't what they are...
I can't help but look up when I'm outside...even when I'm standing there talking to someone I'm staring at the sky.
edit on 8/8/2019 by MissSmartypants because: Edit

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Wow, that is great, more people should record events like this.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

I'm sure that it is addictive.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: confirm3

Wow, that is great, more people should record events like this.
Actually a lot do. The website National UFO Reporting Center or NUFORC for short lists hundreds of current sighting reports from people all over the country.

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Based on my own eyewitness double nighttime foo fighter sighting in 76...I would tend to say --- for a foo fighter in it's low power landing phase --- it's magnetically contained fusion plasma shield, has all the looks of a red-giant star. Much like the Betelguese star. Easy to look at from a distance...but I suggest, don't get too close to it --- For the possible chance of acquiring radiation burns.

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Interesting. I have seen a giant orange ball too. In fact, I posted about it over 10 years ago. My post.

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blueracer
Interesting. I have seen a giant orange ball too. In fact, I posted about it over 10 years ago. My post.
You say in your thread that that type of sighting is not very common...but that is changing. If you check the National UFO Reporting Center's database you'll see that obol sightings are becoming quite common...along with video.

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Erno86
Based on my own eyewitness double nighttime foo fighter sighting in 76...I would tend to say --- for a foo fighter in it's low power landing phase --- it's magnetically contained fusion plasma shield, has all the looks of a red-giant star. Much like the Betelguese star. Easy to look at from a distance...but I suggest, don't get too close to it --- For the possible chance of acquiring radiation burns.
There is an old Firefighter's handbook that had a chapter on what to do around a UFO and it specifically mentioned not to stand underneath one. The handbook was quite the rage on here about 10 years ago. Maybe someone can find it.
As for the effects of my having stood underneath one... other than the glowing in the dark I'm fine.
edit on 8/10/2019 by MissSmartypants because: Edit

edit on 8/10/2019 by MissSmartypants because: Edit

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 02:50 PM
link   

I then had the presence of mind to think I really need to pay attention to as much detail as I can before it's gone...

but not the presence of mind to tell your husband to bring a camera/phone when shouting for him to come outside? Babyboomer or not, that description of events is riddled with the kind of inconsistencies that instantly pops your post in my fiction section.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join