It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My account of a UFO

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 11:11 PM
link   
It was 1977, give or take a year, but I'm sure it was '77. Aurora, Illinois.

I was 9 years old. My best friend was spending the night with me. We were wound up and couldn't sleep. It was approximatly 3:00-3:30 am. We went downstairs and eventually looked thru our big picture window.

We saw a big, luminescent, orange ball. It was actually pretty close to us. It was less than half a block away. I remember it as not being very high off of the ground. Maybe at roof top level or just a little above that. It was perfectly still.

My friend and I actually thought it was the sun rise. But the object was west of us instead of east. It was still dark out except for the big orange ball. I remember my mom was in bed awake and we were telling her about the sun rise. She didn't get up to see it but she still remembers having that conversation with us.

Anyway, that's my best UFO story. Completely abnormal occurance but in the eyes of two 9 year olds it was a "normal" thing. (The sun rise.)

I wish that the fact that I was looking at a UFO had occured to me when I was looking at it. Only time I've ever saw it.

As for the UFO itself, it doesn't seem that those types of UFOs are the norm. (Big, luminescent, orange ball)

Not saying that it was an alien craft but I have no idea what it was.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Have you talked to your best friend about that night since becoming adults? Does he remember it as you do? Thanks for sharing this experience. I had one at about age 9 too, in Michigan, around 1970. Wasn't as spectacular as yours was though. -CWM (Chicago)

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 11:21 PM
link   
No I haven't talked to him about it since then. I haven't seen him for 20 years. I do wonder if he remembers that though.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I did do a little research to see if there were any other reports of the same UFO that I saw around that time in Aurora. Could not come up with anything.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I'd try to find your childhood friend if I were you. You have that one experience in common. There's noone else who can relate to that night and talk with out about it, but him. It's a common bond. Know what I mean?

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I know what you mean. If I ever stumble across him again, which is very highly unlikely, I'll bring it up. But you can't just contact people out of the blue, even if I knew how to get ahold of him, and say hey do you remember that night?

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 05:02 AM
link   
It's been awhile since I originally posted this and I just wanted to follow up.

I recently spoke to my friend on facebook and he remembers that night. No idea what it was either. I mentioned the possibility of the moon and he said probably but really not sure.

I can say it sure did not look like the moon to me. Even if it was a blood moon. The moon has dark spots and I remember this to be evenly lit. No dark spots like the craters, etc on the moon. But people have made the mistake and we were just kids who thought we were seeing the sun rise.

So no answers here. My friend was/is just as confused as I.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Blueracer

Did the object look like it was on fire?

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Erno86

No. It was a big orange glowing ball. Luminescent.

new topics

top topics

join