It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baltic Sea Anomaly update:

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 06:26 AM
link   
This is very interesting!

www.express.co.uk/news/science/1151821/baltic-sea-anomaly-crashed-UFO-ocean-x-team-mystery-conspiracy-alien-coverup/amp

Starting a New Thread ?

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.
Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.
If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events,
or important information from other sites;
*please post one or two paragraphs,
*a link to the entire story,
*AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item,
as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

edit on Sun Aug 4 2019 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: 57ORM1IV

Fixed that link for you

Express

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 06:35 AM
link   

fixed the link for you

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Dr UAE
and
a reply to: Argyll

Thankyou

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Great post, plenty of great information and options. I actually feel smarter as a human, now back to bed

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Someone find something, a compass was spinning.. no visual contact, muddy water.. a group called "alien hunters" say its a crashed alien ship.

That is the only information I got out of that poor article..

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

Well... EMF of other worldly... no on second thoughts never mind.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 08:17 AM
link   
So it now appears that there is another feature in very close proximity to the odd structures, this time what appear to be the remains of artificial perhaps man made wall's poking up to 200 cm above the sediment, sound's more and more like this was once a complex settlement of some kind perhaps even a city or temple but one that will never be accepted as such since it may be up to 140.000 years old.

Of course the compass going berserk could mean several thing's but may indicate an active electromagnetic field of some kind, what if ancient man or some other race of humans now long gone had build a ceremonial site around a crashed ufo OR what if there is no UFO but there is a ceremonial site there indicating the existence of an entire age of culture, civilization and building that is not supposed to have existed at that time according to men that want us to believe we were barely able to speak at that time let alone build city's? (if there is a temple and it has wall's then it had to come from somewhere right, so they probably already knew how to build structures - wall's sticking 20cm out of the sediment at a previously undocumented feature in close proximity to the anomaly).

edit on 4-8-2019 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Now that is pretty cool. Thank you for the link.

Ocean X Team, who first discovered the anomaly in 2011, have found another huge object in the Bothnia region of the Baltic Sea. The team, who discovered the anomaly while hunting for shipwrecks, returned to the site on June 8 with a remotely-operated vehicle (ROV). They lowered the ROV at ‘Anomaly 2’, a huge “monolith” and a “slab” - and were stunned when their compass “went berserk” - an inexplicable machine failure that has previously occurred while investigating the site.

Picture of monolith/slab:

I wonder how they are going to explain this away? Maybe some type of wonderful befuddlement trying to explain this as a 'natural formation'.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky
Best post addition so far, that video is excellent and very intriguing.
I like the expert saying that it look's man made and perhaps 20th or 19th century, of course it is most likely far older than that but still it got him interested enough to let himself go on camera with that point of view.
My personal belief is that there is lot's of stuff that can not be explained in the usual sense and more will be found not only in the Baltic but elsewhere, I wonder when the last time the Baltic valley was high enough to be a valley rather than a sea was what with glacial depression and rebound in northern Europe, I love the fact it look's like the Millennium falcon though I doubt it is a UFO - then again there is that skid mark leading to it like it crash landed there or something?.

edit on 4-8-2019 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky

Picture of monolith/slab:

Wow, talk about regurgitating old imagery. That was debated on here years back, and dubbed a crashed Millennium Falcon.

Seriously, this article is not bringing new news. I'm going to go dig up the old threads, be back in a bit, you all will get a kick out of them.
edit on 8/4/2019 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

And here are some of these ships gliding around one of our tether experiments in space:

Courtesy of youtube comments

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

So if it has been posted at some time in the distant past, it is no longer fair game?

Is there really that great of harm in regurgitating an article or piece of information? Are there certain subjects that are better left in the past?

I have never encountered this find before and found it interesting. To me at least, the link provided by the OP and this thread were welcome.

Why such discord at seeing this?

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky

So if it has been posted at some time in the distant past, it is no longer fair game?

Is there really that great of harm in regurgitating an article or piece of information? Are there certain subjects that are better left in the past?

I have never encountered this find before and found it interesting. To me at least, the link provided by the OP and this thread were welcome.

Why such discord at seeing this?

The point is the article didn't bring anything new to the table. They are presenting the article as if the info is fresh, when it very much is not. The monolith and compass deal are mentioned in the old threads I just posted. I'm not saying anything about your post itself being regurgitating old news, I'm saying your SOURCE is doing the regurgitating. They're not well known for being particularly honest with their articles as it is, this one is just another pure clickbait one fishing for clicks. Not unlike what Yahoo News does for click counts.
edit on 8/4/2019 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Wow, thank you for the work and those links. Time to have some fun and explore.

Wow Lab..right back atcha , your summary was very impressive:

originally posted by: LABTECH767
a reply to: wtfatta

Short answer, no one know's, samples taken from the site of basalt are from a rock which was sitting on top of the object which is not quite the same thing, I don't know if they drilled core sample or anything else categorical.

themysterybeneath.wordpress.com...
So is the professor making this assumption actually working with actual categorical evidence or genuinely speaking for the entire object and not just a stone sample from on TOP of the object.
www.express.co.uk...

Of course either way when one professor says something with which the skeptic's are comfortable valid or not it will then be repeated and before you know it is claimed to be the undeniable fact, why because it fit's the view and BELIEF of those skeptic's far more well than something which could shake there personal view of reality, they then turn rational into irrational as they hide behind what they know and deny what they do not know.

But in there defense the people who found it do indeed seem to be milking it for everything they can get out of it money wise and if it is just a rock then there cash cow has gone to the abattoir.

www.livescience.com...

My personal belief, keep an open mind, if electrical interference is genuine as claimed then that is a very intriguing point to bare in mind but only IF it is real.

Otherwise it is intriguing, rock or not it may have been shaped by the hand of man BUT that would have to have been a very long time ago and given that most of northern europe was actually deep under glaciation how long is VERY long ago.
Could it be a natural formation, certainly but one that is extremely unusual and that in itself beg's the question how did it form like that.
www.express.co.uk...
What we can be certain of however is that Ocean X seem to be an unreliable source of information even in spite of the fact they are the one's whom discovered this object because they are only using it to make money so want you to be interested in it.
The Professor is a good source of information even in spite of the fact his data is limited because he has not lied but nevertheless his opinion about the entire object is just that an opinion but one grounded in solid scientific rational.

www.ufosightingsfootage.uk...

My opinion, IF it was a UFO or USO it would have been spirited away by someone already, the ocean X guy's would have mysteriously lost interest in it after either a pay off or being warned off, it is not just a stone though as the formation show's some form of intelligent manipulation even if it is a rock.
What is it, Dumped cargo of some kind?, cold war device possibly a secret project now completely forgotten left abandoned by one side or the other given the importance of monitoring soviet naval traffic in the Baltic during that period potentially even a secret american project of some kind?, ancient inter-glacial artifact of a lost culture though it seem's a bit deep for that given it's location that said?.

It is an interesting object but you won't get a definitive answer here on this site or anywhere for that matter.

Far more interesting is the city like formation off of Cuba, for me it is a city but the case is also definitely one of opinion not fact.
Conspiracy over a cover up, probably just conspiracy because the finders like ocean X were more interesting in making money out of the find.

Not so much against as casting some doubt on the matter of it being artifact in nature (personally I belive the site has a high degree of artificiality but once again that is my opinion and this goes against that).

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 09:57 AM
link   

That was debated on here years back, and dubbed a crashed Millennium Falcon.

Only if the Falcon was a big rock...
And , rocks don't fly well

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Ahh, understood. Maybe it isn't that bad of thing to have articles brought up again, even if there isn't new news. I understand these researchers could just be saying there is additional info when there isn't to gain visibility. But still....

You know what would be kind of cool? Is if one posts an article or thread, there could be meta tags that would show similarly themed threads with a quick link. Maybe a way to link them together into a rolling narrative.

I just don't see anything wrong with posting this again, especially if it hasn't been brought up for a little while at least.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 10:04 AM
link   
No problem, Cloven. Those old threads are goldmines, I enjoyed them back in their heydays

originally posted by: Gothmog

But you have to admit it would be kick-ass if the formation was officially named the Millennium Falcon some day

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
No problem, Cloven. Those old threads are goldmines, I enjoyed them back in their heydays

originally posted by: Gothmog

But you have to admit it would be kick-ass if the formation was officially named the Millennium Falcon some day

Then make it so number 1

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join