It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN singles out isreal as womens human rights violators

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Below is the entire headline..

"UN Singles Out Israel as World’s Only Violator of Women’s Rights; Iran, Saudi Arabia & Yemen Among the Voters"

Apparently Israel is the only country in the world that violates womens rights.....what!?

I'm not going to stand here and defend Israel, this is not about their innocence.
Judge them on your own thread.

There logic had nothing to do with Israel's women as I understand it, but everything about Palestinian women.

[[GENEVA, July 24, 2019 — Iran, Saudi Arabia, Yemen and Pakistan were among members of the UN’s 54-nation economic and social council, a principal organ of the world body, who voted to single out and condemn Israel yesterday as the only country in the world that violates women’s rights.]]

[[The Jewish state was harshly and repeatedly condemned in a resolution, adopted 40 to 2 with 9 abstentions and 3 absent (see breakdown below), for allegedly being the “major obstacle” for Palestinian women “with regard to their advancement, self-reliance, and integration in the development of their society.”]]

unwatch.org...

Again, I'm not defending Israel.
I am thumbing my nose at countries condemning another when they are some of the biggest violators of the very thing they are condemning.

Below is the voting log..

[[YES: Andorra, Angola, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Benin, Cambodia, China, Colombia, Denmark, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Ethiopia, France, Ghana, India, Iran, Ireland, Japan, Kenya, Luxembourg, Mali, Malta, Morocco, Netherlands, Norway, Pakistan, Paraguay, Philippines, South Korea, Russia, St. Vincent, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Uruguay, Venezuela, and Yemen.

NO: United States and Canada

ABSTAIN: Brazil, Cameroon, Germany, Jamaica, Mexico, Romania, Togo, Ukraine, and United Kingdom]]

I say bravo canada!
But the UK? I say nay,nay,

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Imagine my shock!!!

I'll defend Israel.

Why does a supranational political body made up of most dictatorships where women are property get to condemn a country with parity between the sexes?

UN Jew hate is obvious.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Is the US still funding the UN sh*tshow?

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Maybe it has something to do with Israel being a " Secular State "

Non secular countries for example have their women's rights determined by the religion practised. i.e an Islamic State.

Just my opinion.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

I don't know, bro. I tend to think it might be appropriate being that Saudi Arabia said so, that place is a Xanadu of women's rights, they know a thing or two about a thing or two.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Clown World.

The current propaganda tells us being forced to wear a burka is 'liberating' and 'progressive'.

Israel protecting itself is violating womens rights.

Honk...Honk...

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 07:59 AM
link   

In my experience people who openly and roundly condemn others of a "crime" or "injustice", are normally doing it themselves and often to a greater degree.

This is an international form of trying to divert attention from themselves and their wretched misbehavior on the same issue they condemn. While at the same time trying to take the moral high ground and make themselves look and feel good condemning the very thing they are doing themselves.

They are so intent on keeping their own "crime" secret, even from themselves, they have rationalized that when they treat women badly the women deserve it, so they are justified and in their conscious mind are not being unjust to women. But their unconscious is screaming at them, "You are guilty", so they lash out. They condemn others who may not even be treating women in the way they imagine because they themselves are riddled with subconscious guilt.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Typical UN circle jerk.

There are no violations of women's rights in those countries as long as they follow the tenets of their religion regarding the treatment of women. /Sarc

edit on 7/29/2019 by Klassified because: /sarc tag for those who don't get sarcasm

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 08:09 AM
link   

The UN used to have a member from Saudi Arabia head the Human Rights Committee, that tells me everything I need to know about their "seriousness" on the topic.
edit on 29-7-2019 by CriticalStinker because: Edited sitting on to chair the committee, even more ironic.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

We had an exchange student who was Muslim. She knew less about Islam than we did. All she knew was she wasn't supposed to eat pork and how to celebrate the Holy Days at her house.

Turns out in their sect women weren't allowed to attend their Mosque except for Holy Days.

How was she treated at home? They had a toilet installed in their house when she was little. But the women still had to use the outhouse unless the weather was really bad or they had guests, because the water cost to much to use it all the time. But drunk Uncle who ruled the house and had a second wife in another house could use it. They lived with Uncle because Mother was second wife and she only had daughters and so was abandoned both physically and financially.

Her biggest surprise about the US? Men didn't sit on their bums at home barking orders at the women. She was so surprised at seeing men do dishes, help with childcare, and do housework.

Yep, those Islamic countries treat their women really well. I can tell you that our student wasn't religious at all, because she was not even allowed to learn about her religion. All she knew were the rules she had to follow and those rules left the women she knew financially oppressed and under the thumb of men.

edit on 7/29/19 by The2Billies because: grammar and addition

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 08:19 AM
link   
The UN is a joke, if I’m not mistaken 90% of its resolutions have been against Israel and not a damn thing has ever come from it.
But Saudi Arabia condemning another country for violating women’s rights?
That’s just too rich, are we sure this isn’t an Onion article?

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: The2Billies

What country was she from?
I didnt figure they would let women leave from some of those countries especially a student since some Muslim countries dont allow women in school.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 08:21 AM
link   

I would like to apologize for my country being on that list of yes-voters and it is a shame this circus is allowed to continue...

Here's a fun golden oldie

Peace

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Israel's crap just smells better.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Thanks for the input.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

I think Bluetone was very upfront about saying that this thread is about women's rights in Israel.

Do you think Israel has a bad record on women's rights? What can't women do in Israel that they can do here?

Edit to add more: In fact, I'd say Israel is probably one of if not the best country for gender equality. Women are required to serve in the military just as men are at the coming of age, and their nation was one of the first to have a female at the highest position.

So while I understand people like to criticize Israel (I do to on certain issues), it carries not weight if you won't be honest about what they're really good at or just blindly criticize.
edit on 29-7-2019 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

If I read the story correctly it's not about Israeli women at all.
It's about Palestinian women.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 08:36 AM
link   

I think the counsil is refering to the rights of palestinia women in Isreal but still you've got to give credits to SA for allowing their women to drive a car and basically raising their rights to that of goats...

Peace

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

If I read the story correctly it's not about Israeli women at all.
It's about Palestinian women.

Hmmmmm. That makes it even more odd for me, are they singling out Palestinian women, or Palestinians? My guess would be they single out military aged Palestinian males.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: operation mindcrime

I think the counsil is refering to the rights of palestinia women in Isreal but still you've got to give credits to SA for allowing their women to drive a car and basically raising their rights to that of goats...

Peace

I'm starting to see that, and to be honest it kind of just adds to my confusion, but I really liked you analogy and had myself a little laugh at work.

I think there is room for a discussion on the Israel/Palestine conflict, it would just take some convincing for me to believe sexism is a part of that conflict.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join