It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Medium is Propagating Electromagnetic Waves?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy

originally posted by: AntonGonist
So guys, all 3 of you insist that gravity is a force?

No, gravity is fake. It's all done by God. Intelligent pulling, you see. I have shown this and proved it in my post, above. So there.

AntonGonist Is ether a good example of junk science, or a bad parody of backwards spiritual nuts......

Either way, AntonGonist is a joke.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: AntonGonist

Semantic twaddlery then, is it?

link   

So guys, all 3 of you insist that gravity is a force?

So you cannot answer a simple question?

Gravity’s not a force? Or doesn’t exist? Then what causes a brick thrown straight up into the air from the surface of the earth to change direction and fall back to earth?

link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

So you are just going to ignore the fact that I just proved you wrong with Einstein. So sad.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

My, my.

Gravity is most accurately described by the general theory of relativity (proposed by Albert Einstein in 1915) which describes gravity not as a force, but as a consequence of the curvature of spacetime caused by the uneven distribution of mass.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 09:11 AM
link   

What, Einsteins theory of relativity? I thought you liked Einstein.
edit on 18-7-2019 by AntonGonist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 09:12 AM
link   

My, my.

Gravity is most accurately described by the general theory of relativity (proposed by Albert Einstein in 1915) which describes gravity not as a force, but as a consequence of the curvature of spacetime caused by the uneven distribution of mass.

Ok? What does than mean to a brick thrown straight up into the air and changes direction to fall back to the earth.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 09:14 AM
link   

What, Einsteins theory of relativity? I thought you liked Einstein.

Did I say that? I asked you to prove him wrong.
edit on 18-7-2019 by oldcarpy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Sorry I dont care about your irrelevant musings. I said gravity is not a force. Have I rubbed your faces in it sufficiently? You may now all apologize for your willful ignorance.
edit on 18-7-2019 by AntonGonist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

Ready to admit that gravity is not a force instead of trying to weasel out of it.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Einstein described gravity before quantum physics was matured.

Einstein's description of gravity, while effective on the macroscopic scale in which gravity is most pronounced, does not account for gravitational interaction between energetic particles like photons.

Uneven distribution of mass isn't the whole story. Gravity is described as a force for these reasons. Again, you're trying to appeal to authority(logical fallacy) by pointing at Einstein saying "see, see", but you're missing the vast majority of the puzzle.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Or maybe you should state things in context...

If gravity isn't a force, how does it accelerate objects? (Advanced)

curious.astro.cornell.edu... objects-advanced

It turns out that there are two cases where this description of the effect of gravity gives vastly different results compared to the concept of gravity as a force. The first is for objects moving very very fast, close to the speed of light. Newtonian gravity doesn't correctly account for the effect of the energy of the object in this case.

Snip

The second case in which the effect of gravity vastly differs is in the realm of extremely strong gravitational fields, such as those around black holes. Here, the effect of gravity is so severe that not even light can escape from the gravitational pull of such an object. Again, this effect was calculated in Newtonian gravity by thinking about the escape velocity of a body, and contemplating what happens when it gets larger than the speed of light.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Gravity is most accurately described by the general theory of relativity

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Repeating the same sentence does not make you right.

I'm done here. You're clearly trolling.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Irrelevant excuses. In Newtonian physics gravity is an apparant force. Gravity is not a force. It is the curvature of spacetime. Unless you guys want to argue that Einstein is wrong and there is no spacetime continuum. You guys are wrong. Get over it.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Sorry I dont care about your irrelevant musings. I said gravity is not a force. Have I rubbed your faces in it sufficiently? You may now all apologize for your willful ignorance.

Has the law of gravity been revoked?

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Accept your defeat with some dignity.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 09:24 AM
link   

I didnt make any claims about the Law of Gravity. Give it up. You guys have shown that you have no clue about your model.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Irrelevant excuses. In Newtonian physics gravity is an apparant force. Gravity is not a force. It is the curvature of spacetime. Unless you guys want to argue that Einstein is wrong and there is no spacetime continuum. You guys are wrong. Get over it.

Then what acts on a brick thrown straight up into the air as a force to cause it to change directions to fall back to earth?
edit on 18-7-2019 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Semantic wordplay.

You miss the big picture, which you plainly fail to grasp.

Now, about proving Einstein and Maxwell wrong. Go on - take your best shot. I'm still waiting.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join