It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Medium is Propagating Electromagnetic Waves?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 09:29 AM
link   
So no manning up and admitting that I just owned the lot of you regarding the subject of gravity not being a force. So sad.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Can Arbitrageur come in and answer some questions. Done with the riff raff here.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: AntonGonist
a reply to: oldcarpy

Ready to admit that gravity is not a force instead of trying to weasel out of it.

Your'e the one twisting and turning, like a twisty-turny thing.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: AntonGonist

Like an electromagnetic wave can have wave properties and particle properties, gravity acts like a force. Then acts like a “consequence of the curvature of spacetime caused by the uneven distribution of mass“ when near the speed of light, and extreme gravity like black holes.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Can Arbitrageur come in and answer some questions. Done with the riff raff here.

Done with the riff raff here.

Quite the superior attitude, there.

Shame you have nothing to back it up with.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Again...

Then what acts on a brick thrown straight up into the air as a force to cause it to change directions to fall back to earth?

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

But it is not a force. Which is what I said. Still want to argue against it? Give it up. You were wrong.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 09:36 AM
link   

But it is not a force. Which is what I said. Still want to argue against it? Give it up. You were wrong.

If gravity cannot act like a force, then what acts upon a brick thrown straight up into the air to cause the brick to change direction to fall back to earth?

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 09:36 AM
link   

You can keep asking your irrelevant question to which the mainstream answer was already posted by me, over and over. I made no claim that has a relation to this question. Bye.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Semantic wordplay. Point is, it acts like a force. Disagree? Then try taking a long walk off a short pier. A good scientific experiment, that.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Shame you have nothing to back it up with.

Besides the last couple of pages of headless chicken you mean?

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Smugness levels increasing, Captain.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Point is, it acts like a force. Disagree?

No the point that you all responded to was that gravity is not a force. Seems like its finally starting to sink in that it isnt. No need to thank me for the schooling boys. My pleasure!

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 09:45 AM
link   

How about you get back on topic and prove that Aether exists? Still waiting for that.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Point is, it acts like a force. Disagree?

No the point that you all responded to was that gravity is not a force. Seems like its finally starting to sink in that it isnt. No need to thank me for the schooling boys. My pleasure!

Again

If gravity cannot act like a force, then what acts upon a brick thrown straight up into the air to cause the brick to change direction to fall back to earth?

Funny you engage in intellectual dishonesty by not answering the simplest of questions.

So why does “Newton's law of universal gravitation” still apply on earth if gravity cannot act as a force?

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Can anyone, except those who have proven to have no clue or situational awareness, answer these questions for me?

What is spacetime?

Is EM radiation the disturbance of a field or is it not?

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 09:49 AM
link   

I made no claim that relates to your question. Bye.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 09:50 AM
link   

I made no claim that relates to your question. Bye.

Again

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Gravity is most accurately described by the general theory of relativity (proposed by Albert Einstein in 1915) which describes gravity not as a force, but as a consequence of the curvature of spacetime caused by the uneven distribution of mass.

Do you have a handler to guide you through life?
edit on 18-7-2019 by AntonGonist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 09:56 AM
link   

You demand answers for everyone else.

Yet you cannot answer the simplest of questions.

Again

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join