It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Supernatural Is REAL But Nothing You Witnessed EVER WAS

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: JustJohnny
a reply to: LoneCloudHopper2

In all that one there isn’t ONE SINGLE repeatable prayer, spell, incantation, psychic ability, exc that has ANY effect on reality...

What do you expect? It has total control why would it listen to or obey a tiny human rambling something?
If a monkey screams in pain do the scientists stop conducting their experiments? And in this case it's more like a particle vs the universe just in the realm of consciousness.
The message is we're not calling the shots.

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

You prefer to be locked In a box, the world is weird deal with it..

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: JustJohnny

Why have you tried them all, haha.
You are clueless.
edit on 7-7-2019 by ManyMasks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: JustJohnny

For me, I grew up in a small rural area on a coast well-known for its ghost stories. In school, even in geography class, we'd sometimes turn down all the lights and tell ghost stories. I met people from all walks of life, from retired professors from the city to solitary authors. Everyone I ever knew was either interested in the supernatural or afraid of it, but believing that it does happen. Why, is because everyone had either experienced something for themselves or they knew credible people who had. The same was true of Toronto and the small city I am living in now. The only people I ever saw expressing flat disbelief in all supernatural activity were reporters on TV. They always seemed odd to me for different reasons, and besides denying the supernatural they also tend to write off disturbing conspiracies as nutcase theories so they don't have to give it a second thought. One would think reporters would see so much, meet so many people and go so many places that they'd be very wordly and open-minded. But instead, the opposite is true. Perhaps a narrow and focused mindset is required in order to weed through all the mess of the world in order to find certain details which seem to tell a simple story which they can relay to the public without confusing them. But I digress.

In my whole life, I have known only one person who said he flat out disbelieved in the supernatural. This was a young man in Toronto. He was shocked to hear I believed in UFO's and told me, in his whole life, I was the only person he ever knew who DID believe in that stuff. So, after a moment of gazing at each other in disbelief, I made him a bet. Not for money, just a 'bet.' I said the very first person we encounter and ask about UFO's will be a believer. In secret, I had this in the bag because we were on a sales trip way out into the country of Ontario where there wasn't much to do, the land was flat, and there was a clear view of the sky (with no city pollution.) I therefore knew the people here would have seen lots of UFO's. He asked the first person we saw, a girl on a bike, and he was embarrassed to explain our bet. When asked, she openly said, "Yeah, I believe in UFO's." He was shocked! Within an hour, he'd now met TWO people who believed. She explained she'd never seen one herself but knew credible people who had.

One night, long ago, I saw a trusted Canadian news anchor (Peter Mansrbidge) make a late night report on how a UFO crash was witnessed, aliens were seen walking around, and the Canadian military came in to hush the whole thing down. This, he explained, had been witnessed by hundreds of people (I forget if it was two or four hundred.) Mansbridge reported this with a snide smirk, as if embarrassed to be reporting such nonsense. He read off the details like it was satire to him for a brief time, and then casually continued with more normal news. I was taken aback by this, as it was not something you would normally hear reported on mainstream media. It took HUNDREDS of witnesses just to get one late night MENTION on TV. And as a typical reporter, no amount of witnesses would ever be enough to convince Mansbridge.

What I'm saying here is that the supernatural is very, very normal. It is virtually everywhere, to varying extents. It does not show itself all the time, but it does show itself sometimes. Whenever I find someone online who claims there is no supernatural activity whatsoever, end of story, do not argue with me, I just shake my head in bewilderment. I honestly cannot fathom going through life without believing that anything exists outside what you hear and see. Especially since science says that this computer screen is illussionary. It's made up of particles and 'dark energy.' It just looks physical to us. You can touch it and feels physical, but that's just an illusion caused by an invisible magnetic force. So, the world as we know it is not as it appears. There are energies beyond our grasp. This is science.

When someone says "If the supernatural existed we'd all know about it," I smile and shake my head. To most people around the world, throughout human history, it always was reality. I am unsure how some people grow up so sheltered (from my perspective) that they believe that most people don't believe. Every little town has a notoriously haunted house. Every county has at least some UFO sightings. The evidence is virtually everywhere and endless. The problems are: 1. The supernatural rarely acts on cue (as it seems to in popular staged ghost investigator shows.) And 2. Intellectual dishonesty. Just as one might struggle trying to get through to a friend that a local cult brainwashed them into believing that alien overlords exist, when it was total fiction, so too are people with materialist mindsets (I mean believing only in what is seen or proven on paper) very hard-headed in their disbelief of all supernatural activity. To be skeptical is one thing, but if one asserts it doesn't exist, case closed, that is quite another. (I do not mean to imply that you fit into this category, just explaining how closed-minded people think.)

The news barely ever reports the supernatural. When they do, it's either in a sensationalist or disbelieving way. Shows about the supernatural are often made by people who disbelieve and think that only idiots do believe, as they just want ratings. Whenever a scientist or respectable journalist dares to investigate it, they are ostracized by their peers. Knapp was heavily lampooned by satirical cartoons and by his peers for his "Hunt For The Skinwalker" book. Likewise, some of the previously respected scientists who took part were feeling shunned by their peers. Many of them have kept their identities hidden for this very reason. Here was a case where a credible team of respected scientists discovered that the supernatural actually exists! And what happened? The establishment fought back. Egoistic agendas abound in the modern world. Science believes in alternate realities, but when a team of their own kind discovers it, they all panic and retreat like frightened children. Many egoists (of any field of expertise) would rather mock than to be mocked. People fear social ridicule. When a radical idea is officially accepted by top academics, the rest follow suit as to not appear stupid. When they discount something, they do the same. Most people in this world are existing in a weak and cowardly state of mind where they merely follow, never venturing out to discover the truth for themselves.

Skinwalker Ranch is a highly charged site. Scientists did research it. If another group went, they too would be ostracized. This would go on and on until someone finally came up with the answer the establishment wants. As with 9-11, it's not about the truth or common sense. Those who stand up and disagree will be ostracized. This will go on and on until maybe one day when it is officially accepted by the establishment.

Thus far, science has failed to grasp the supernatural. It's better at weighing and measuring physical matter or theoretical matter. Not unseen forces it cannot grasp. Science must branch off to begin exploring consciousness before it can tackle something like the supernatural, I think. Much of what the supernatural involves is consciousness.

edit on 7-7-2019 by LoneCloudHopper2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

This is the way I see it too, Peeple. A power that manipulates us and is good at making us feel powerful when, in truth, we are weakened under its control.

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 05:29 PM
link   
The paranormal is a lot larger and more complex than what you can get from reading a grand total of two books. You've just scratched the surface here and its way too early for you to be making iron clad conclusions. Just sayin'.

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

I've actually read a great deal about the supernatural over the years and listened to countless hours of testimonies from people on their experiences. I also have had a number of experiences of my own and have given all of this much thought. I was basically leaning in this direction for some time now and these two books helped to solidify it for me.

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Really nice thread, and I appreciate your thoughts and time.

Someone mentioned (dissed) testimonials as acceptable evidence.
Say what? GOD is supernatural, is he not?
Testimonials are permitted in a modern court of law as witnesses.

Of course there are instances of mistakes, misinterpretations, and outright fabrications, But given that these type of stories have been told and written since recorded history (and before) and to categorically dismiss them all, would be a clumsy (and stupid) mistake.

Over time, millions of stories by millions of people have witnessed supernatural events and shared their experiences. If only anywhere from 1 to 10 percent of the stories are the "real deal", then..... there it is. Not every one of the reports is a mistake or a lie.

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Double dose on synchronicity for me today.

I have been exchanging emails with Colonel John B Alexander for a little over a month now.

He was with NIDs for awhile, amongst a myriad of other government programs.
In fact he was the person chosen to take first watch on Skinwalker ranch once Bob B. bought the place.

He discusses a term he coined called PSP - precognitive Sentient Phenomena.
Where it’s like the phenomena knows what your doing before you do.
By teasing you with happenings just outside of the frame of video type of stuff.
Well I’m sure your familiar with it, since you read those 2 books.

I highly recommend reading UFOs: Myths conspiracies and realities, as well, Reality Denied.
Both by John B Alexander.

Remember the movie the men who stared at goats?
Ya that was him too.
edit on 7-7-2019 by Macenroe82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

Interesting! This sounds "thread worthy".

(hint-hint)

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

originally posted by: Woodcarver

Ehhh..... i prefer physics over fiction.

and I prefer solutions over opinions - where are all the published results of all the experiments undertaken proving the events witnessed and experienced at the skinwalker ranch were/are a hoax/mass psychosis events?

???

Skinwalker Ranch is a deep rabbit hole that may begin before the Shermans’ purchase of the property in the ‘90s (for intents and purposes the ‘events’ either peaked after Sherman or began after Sherman); the lore of the ranch following the Shermans, and subsequently Bigelow’s purchase, is rife with US Intelligence interlopers and pseudo-science ‘experiments’ that — in all likelihood — were a lab setting for human guinea pigs and non-lethal weapons testing.

The Knapp book is considered legit because it leads the audience through a twisting of ‘facts’ and imbuing truth vis-a-vis appeals to authority (e.g. Knapp’s long career as a legit journalist and Kelleher’s doctorate). It however doesn’t tell the whole story by any stretch of the imagination. I would hazard a guess there aren’t any experiments refuting events witnessed because the events ‘witnessed’ were experiments in of themselves and the ‘researchers’ were DIA approved.

I don’t disbelieve in the unexplained/whatever nomenclature, as many people assert that region of the American SW is loaded with high strangeness, but Skinwalker has been exposed and the recent purchase of the ranch for entertainment purposes says it all (ATS member Vlwade has some threads covering the recent sale).

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

Thanks, ladyinwaiting. I agree that a person's testimony means something, especially in large numbers. In court, they consider scientific arguments on both sides but weigh out all the different kinds of evidence. I believe the case for supernatural activity existing is strong enough to win in a legal trial.

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 06:29 PM
link   

I’m the Chief Investigator for MUFON Canada.
The discussions with Colonel Alexander are part of an interview I’m going to be publishing in the Journal.
Once it’s complete though I’ll post that bad boy up for sure.

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 06:32 PM
link   

That’s right.

Why are ordinary people fit to testify in court for a car accident or a murder case - when someone’s life is on the line.
Then people will chastise those same people as not being fit to recount a paranormal event they personally experienced.

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

originally posted by: Woodcarver

Ehhh..... i prefer physics over fiction.

and I prefer solutions over opinions - where are all the published results of all the experiments undertaken proving the events witnessed and experienced at the skinwalker ranch were/are a hoax/mass psychosis events?

???
Believing every scary story out there is not a solution. And you know damn well that if they don’t have enough evidence to prove their claims, there can be no evidence that contradicts it. I can’t prove that he made the whole thing up. Just like i can’t prove that people’s imaginary friends aren’t real.

What i can prove, is that this and plenty of other stories, have made millions of dollars off of people who simply want these stories to be true. They can’t wait for the newest stories to be made up and sold to them. You can’t make them up fast enough. People seem to need them. Some people define their identity as someone who believes in things like this.

Humans have become quite talented at lots of things, but what we excel at, is telling stories and unfortunately, being duped by them. That, i can prove by pointing out that nobody really agrees 100% with anyone else about everything. Even if you show them the evidence, your interpretations can differ wildly. I think it’s gotta be a defining attribute of humans.
edit on 7-7-2019 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManyMasks
a reply to: Woodcarver

You prefer to be locked In a box, the world is weird deal with it..
The world is amazing. I enjoy it everyday. It’s people that are weird.

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82

I’m the Chief Investigator for MUFON Canada.
The discussions with Colonel Alexander are part of an interview I’m going to be publishing in the Journal.
Once it’s complete though I’ll post that bad boy up for sure.

Well that sounds impressive. I will be on the look-out for your thread. will it be anytime soon?

So, what piqued your interest in UFO's? Have you had an experience?

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 07:31 PM
link   
You forgot one book. It contains the answers. TheBible. Yes the answers are in there.

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Ephesians 6:12

I'm going to say it. Aliens are demons. Demons can change shape and appear as anything from aliens to an angel of light if they wanted to do so.

They are supernatural beings. I consider them interdementional beings. In the past before the flood they gave us knowledge and breed with us creating nephileum. A human angel hybred very powerful.

Alien abductions to create chaos and confusion. Maybe even recreate a human demon hybred. Maybe a human demon hybread will be the antichrist. They are trying to replicate the oppsite of Jesus.

Post flood and today they still communicate with us. They try to give people perdictions of the future to physics which isn't always right.

They hate us, and want to rule us. They want our souls. They can oppress and possess people.

The fight has been ongoing since the creation. The Bible told us the beginning. Accurately fortold the rise and fall of various empires, the Birth of Jesus, and our future which is still yet to happen.

The supernatural is real, the demonic is real, are you ready? Have you accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and savior? Have you accepted his gift of salvation? If not do so now. That is the only way to fight them, and get the evil entities out of your life.

If the future talked about comes in your lifetime, you will be forced to make a decision. The antichrist in which he will let you live but the death of your soul in hell, or Jesus Christ which will mean death but everlasting life in heaven. Whom do you choose? Whom will you serve?

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Reaearched this topic to quite some extent, and like you mentioned the traditional scientific method does not work to prove these entities existence. Rather one has to look at eye witness testimonies, personal experience and knowledge/experience of exorcism/possession and black magic to truly appreciate and have conviction that these entities do exist.

I could write all day on this topic but to summarize these entities are extra dimensional beings which have unique abilities. They can shapeshift, they can travel faster than light, they can possess people (if the subject is in a possession prone state), they can manipulate your visual cortex to see things which are not there but you will see them as if they are. They can whisper thoughts into your heart/mind to influence your thought process. They are not all evil but only the bad ones will tend to interact with humans. They are generally fearfull of humans and tend do stay away from us. They live in a dimension along our own but we cannot see them. There are some who are more powerful than others and their abilities are greater. In middle esatern tradition they are called Jinn. In my opinion they are responsible for nearly all paranormal incidents, from the ufo phenomenon to poltergeists and beyond.

I could say more but that is the jist of it!
edit on 7-7-2019 by Kamza because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

Cool. Thanks for the recommendations.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join