It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Supernatural Is REAL But Nothing You Witnessed EVER WAS

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

So do you live in the Wilderness and have no beliefs?
Are you religious?
Maybe I just notice you when you are always sniping people's own beliefs and experiences, a have notexp anything supernatural but believe it's all possible. And not possible.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: ManyMasks

I live in a house. Near a lake and some large spans of wilderness. I spend a lot of time out in nature, as well as an active social life.

You would need to define “no beliefs”

Of course i have beliefs, but none of them are rooted in faith. I believe in things that are supported by evidence. If you were to point out a belief that i hold that is not supported by evidence, or reason, or recurring observation, i will gladly change my mind to fit the new data.

But if you want me to believe in things simply because you blieve in them then you will probably have no luck.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Warning: what follows is not for the faint of heart or the weak of mind.

Good read, but I fainted before I reached the end....

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Haha you have all the bases covered eh. What about the book described in the OP mothman and the mysteries that happened at Point Pleasent was witnessed by hundreds, or what about Jung's book psychology and the occult or the red book.

You have no interest in Changing your thinking though jbh

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManyMasks

Haha you have all the bases covered eh. What about the book described in the OP mothman and the mysteries that happened at Point Pleasent was witnessed by hundreds, or what about Jung's book psychology and the occult or the red book.

You have no interest in Changing your thinking though jbh
i have read all of those and more, i’m not convinced by stories.

How do you explain the huge amount of scientologists? Mormons? Jehovas witnesses?

One thing i can prove is that humans make up stories and are easily duped. Every group of people that believe wholeheartedly in things that you do not accept as truth are my evidence. Do you think all beliefs are equally valid?

Or is there a way to distinguish valid claims from all of the drivel that gets thrown around as fact?
edit on 8-7-2019 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 12:11 PM
link   

I believe it's possible you are lying, have you really read those Jung books?
What you are saying is you believe in nothing unless you have experienced it, but untill you have experienced it it's not possible, don't you see that's just wrong

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Haven't seen the movie, no. This unseen force has been with us for a very long time, for sure. Keel warned that by believing in the literal existence of aliens that one is being manipulated into falsehood by this force. It bends itself to fit different cultures and different religions. In a Christian society, it may manifest as a demon possessing by a victim to spite God. These 'demons' are notorious dishonest and deceptive. Likely they aren't anything like we'd imagine.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: LoneCloudHopper2

Yes inconceivable to our current understanding of things for sure, the gnostic archon is an interesting idea for what they could be about

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

I am not religious but there is no denying that the name Jesus does tend to affect these negative forces. In my own experience in being demonically attacked, I commanded it to leave in the Jesus Christ. It did not work exactly, but I sensed the entity cringing, as if harmed by it. I had no faith in what I was saying but I was desperate to try anything, and the mere words without conviction did carry some power over it. I have found the same to be true of Archangel Michael. But also prayer to God or positive meditation also work. Anything that draws positive/protective energy to us.

Thanks for sharing your experience. It is not that different than a lot of cases involving the supernatural. It's hard to say if the tractor trailer was an illusion or if it was real, but it definitely relates to what was happening supernaturally. I've had similar experiences myself, where it seems that either our reality momentarily bends or another reality encroaches upon it.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

You're absolutely right. Look forward to hearing what you have to say.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

lol It's not the details I was warning people about, just the idea of widespread possession which might freak people out, especially those already suffering from paranoia. Thanks for reading.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Gnosticism is another subject I intend to study in the near future. This video is very interesting.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 01:13 PM
link   

I am not religious but there is no denying that the name Jesus does tend to affect these negative forces.

Other than by those that have called his name in what they believed was an attack by negative entities and nothing happened as in it didn't scare the entities away and the torment continued.

In my own experience in being demonically attacked, I commanded it to leave in the Jesus Christ. It did not work exactly, but I sensed the entity cringing, as if harmed by it. I had no faith in what I was saying but I was desperate to try anything, and the mere words without conviction did carry some power over it. I have found the same to be true of Archangel Michael. But also prayer to God or positive meditation also work. Anything that draws positive/protective energy to us.

So you can draw positive energy towards yourself, yes I believe this too.

How do these negative energy get drawn to individuals then?

Could they not be drawn to the victims by actions or thoughts the victims have?

the same way as thinking positive and praying positively draws the positive energy to fight off the negative?

There is a balance to all realities.

If positive prayer/thoughts or calling out of ones name is required to draw positive energy towards oneself then maybe one should try and be more conscious or figure out how to be more so about the things they think about that could draw or invite negative energy towards them.

Its very hard to have a balanced mind and not judge one way or the other, most of us are programmed from birth to believe in good and evil.

Good and evil are simply how we explain perceptions/experiences we have,

Where these unseen thing dwell there is no good or evil, we only label them as such due to the emotions and feeling they invoke in us through our experiences and how we interpret those experiences.

We need them to feel what we believe is good and evil, to live a life that is in search of balance and they need us to survive by .... feeding of the energies our emotions give off.

edit on 8-7-2019 by InhaleExhale because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver
Lol you only see my posts as negative because you disagree with them. You are always welcome to discuss them instead of attacking me personally though. I’ll be out here on the lake all day enjoying myself and nature.

If you want to be respected, don't post crap like this:

originally posted by: Woodcarver

Ehhh..... i prefer physics over fiction.

Why would you even post that? You obviously have no care to discuss the topic. You added nothing constructive. You do it on many of the forum posts like this one. You can't relate, that's fine, but don't waste your time and forum space. Just don't post next time.
edit on 8-7-2019 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

Just don't post next time.

Then everyone should stop posting

If posts upset you

report them

If a post breaches any terms and conditions it will be removed to make you feel better.

Everyone's post is valid no matter how obtuse, irrelevant or how ever else anyone can interpret a post is .

If you find that it shouldn't be posted then report it, complaining about peoples opinions and how they express them due to ones own interpretations and telling them not to post gets no where and just steers the discussion to off topic banter which we are all guilty of here and there.

A better way to tackle posts like that you find not worthy to be posted would be to ask questions but most are too quick to judge based on their own beliefs towards the subject matter

With such a diverse membership and many readers that don't join to comment it could be a valid comment.

To you and others its not.

If you don't want to report then its strange why you or anyone would engage a post you find shouldn't be posted, or in other cases posters that want to ignore will reply saying so.

I think we all have ego issues, I recognize mine, many seem to ignore theirs and many I have interacted with like to claim they have no ego issues when pointed out to them.

Its no wonder why negativity and negative entities can torment us when we constantly argue or find things to argue about when one can choose to let it go and focus on the topic not a posters differing opinion or report it if it is something that shouldn't be posted.

You can't relate, that's fine, but don't waste your time and forum space. Just don't post next time.

This is exactly the thought process that feeds negativity that I mentioned in my other post.

If one wants to try and bring logic and rational opinions in what could be interpreted as a smart ass way into a discussion about the paranormal and is confronted like you have, it only steers the direction of discussion into a prove it situation that leads no where.

Telling someone they are wasting their time, they cannot relate and shouldn't post speaks more so about your own personality than it does as a valid point made about another s post.

For those that do believe in the interpretations that are said to explain skinwalkers and claims about the ranch and the events written about in the mothman book its funny how they most likely wont engage the questions woodcarver asks about Scientology, Mormons and what not and if all beliefs are equally valid.

Most people that have strong beliefs in certain things do so because how they interpret experiences in their lives and how they have been or have programmed themselves by their own environments.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Intriguing thread. I'm not quite sure what to make of it all, but I do believe there is good and evil in the world. What the forces are exactly, I cannot say. It's always fascinating to ponder such things and see people's perspectives and theories.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 05:16 PM
link   

You are correct in that people are easily duped and will believe most anything, most of the time (to murder Lincoln's line) and I attempt a "don't believe" approach as much as is humanly possible...

but my guess is the thing(s) labeled as paranormal (another misnomer, like supernatural) exist(s), but we can't be sure of anything as it seems to work at confusing folks ...or leading them down false paths of belief... for some reason.

So, imo, your approach is ... safer.

edit: to OP; another decent (tho dry) tome is Hansen's The Trickster and the Paranormal.

edit on 7/8/2019 by Baddogma because: add

edit on 7/8/2019 by Baddogma because: correction to title

edit on 7/8/2019 by Baddogma because: damnable phone

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Mass hysteria, delusion and a few ringleaders who have studied enough basic psychology to manipulate and profit from it? That's what it looks like from the outside.

"Insanity in individuals is something rare- but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule." ~ Friedrich Nietzche.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 07:53 PM
link   

I am fighting all of the adds on ATS right now,
but maybe I can get this posted.

I have written in several places on ATS about these experiences but will go from memory instead of linking and quoting myself from other threads.

First is the Skinwalker Ranch.

Back in the late 90's I used to frequent a website called Spiritweb. It was a place for spiritually minded people to get together and chat, or read several thousand articles etc. A great place back then because the internet was new still and many people found spiritweb to be their home. Many now well known people were common there. It was a great place.
Anyways, one night I was chatting with a guy who said he was at Skinwalker Ranch. I had never heard of it but I just remember him saying there was a bunch of weird things going on there and I didn't quite believe him.
Shortly after talking to him my police scanner starts to make weird noises, whistling and crackling.

A voice comes over the scanner, tells me exactly what I am doing at the time, and then cackles in a weird laugh and says "I AM RAPTOR" and then laughed some more. My computer froze up...
I freaked out, turned off the scanner, and to this day, wonder what the hell.

Many years later I start reading articles and seeing things on TV about the ranch.
It is definitely a freaky subject. When Jessie Ventura was on ATS for an AMA I asked him about the ranch because they had done a show on it on Conspiracy Theory, but he basically sidestepped the question and said I would have to ask his son as he was the one who went to the ranch (dead end there), so anytime it comes up, it catches my attention.

I have been a sensitive my whole life. I have seen and experienced a lot. Practiced for a while, got into meditation, worked for a famous medium as a grief counselor and web moderator etc etc...
Everyone was always talking about the good things, and although they would mention and practice psychic protection, they never really went into detail on why or what you are protecting yourself from.

I was always willing to lend a hand or third eye if someone asked for help, as I was very open, and if it was to happen, it would. Spirit has never really failed me although some of the lessons are tough, which brings me to the next experience.

This happened here on ATS. Someone was asking for help, they had strange knocks in their house, things acting weird, and they had already made sure it was not something physical in the house, so they were asking for a psychic or medium to help them out. I attempted to help.

You have to go back two weeks prior to my offering to help. I had started to have these strange dreams. I was waking up with hand prints on my chest, dreaming about spirits, everything was weird.
I was working on a painting too. My wife was concerned because I was being weird and weird things were happening. The hand prints in the morning, my change in demeanor, my infatuation with this painting, it was a huge spirit trip, I have no other way of describing what was happening. It was like I was insane.

Then I offered to help.

The minute it was accepted I relived a murder. I had been reliving it for 2 weeks and didn't know it. It all became very clear as the information poured out of me for this person.

The thing is, I was in contact with several spirits during this. One was the person who died, one was an old teacher of mine who died, and then this THING. The painting was a huge part of it all. Spirits were whispering in my ear to keep painting although I was paralyzed with fear. I was told to paint the fear. I don't know how to describe this to anyone, but it was like I was in the painting, staring at this thing, this ancient being who was showing me this death, telling me it did it. It used someone to commit murder. It does it a lot, it is its purpose. It is what it does. It is bigger than we are, older than we are, as old as the universe, and it is "evil".
I looked it in the eye although it was miles away from me.

It took many months to get rid of the visions, and my own spiritual development became a much slower endeavor.
It hurt me, mentally, physically, it showed me what it did, how it manipulated. I was in someones body as the life exploded out from it in a tragic death, and still to this day I hear the words it spoke..

I have something to show you!

And it did.

There are things out there beyond human comprehension. This for me was one of them.
It changed me in how I do things.

But it was a learning experience,
and one I have only read about in books.
Things that are hinted at but never seems to be said.

edit on 8-7-2019 by Darkblade71 because: lots and lots of typos!!

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

That gave me the chills.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join