It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 23

page: 71
<< 68  69  70    72  73  74 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

Good thinking! Count Storm in, he'll be right behind you.

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: bally001

Poor animals! They will be so thirsty and many will be homeless. How are people's homes? How many have been affected? No injuries or deaths I hope.

edit on 9-9-2019 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: OCEANTIME

You are very welcomed...What state are you in..I am in Illinois...off the mississippi river..good luck with the dogs..i also wish you very much of good lucks with the cats...I know my cats hated car rides...stay safe..

I am in a concerned state. I am in New South Wales in Australia....off the Nymboida River.

Funny thing, dogs can be obedient with training. Cats...well? They're pigs when it comes to breakfast and dinner time. The opening of a can of cat food has them running to their bowls. So I'll open a can of their favorite brand of pilchards and tip it into the box. What could go wrong? Haha.

Cheers for your thoughts OT.

Bally ( near 'Bees Nest'!)

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: SyxPak
a reply to: Night Star

Hey With such a Dense Smoke cover, The Dragons will hardly be noticed! Going to the Dragons Keep, and Get a few onboard with Yer Plan! There will be A Lot going!

Thanks cobba,

I'll back them up with a bit of mechanical ground cover.

My regards,

bally

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 10:28 PM
link   

A SteamPunk Kangaroo!? I Love It!! Keep Your Good Humor. It Fits You well, considering... There are times when This World Serves Us $h!t. I Think We need to remember, Maybe Someone Else Needs The Sharing of It!? But Seriously Bally, Please Be Careful with all that Smoke You are dealing with... Freaks Me out Knowing You and Yours have to Endure That...

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

Poor animals! They will be so thirsty and many will be homeless. How are people's homes? How many have been affected? No injuries or deaths I hope.

There's reports of homes and properties lost up north (Queensland) And some brave firefighters were overrun suffering injuries in their truck. (One serious).

In our neck of the woods where the largest fire is burning. Evacuation planning has seen no reports of injuries or deaths. Because of the intensity and nature of the fire and the burning terrain I suspect it's very hard to gauge the extent of any losses. Wind fanning embers and smoke would make that difficult. Many fire brigades, aircraft and volunteers are at the front. So I guess it's just watch and wait from my perspective. I do have knowledge in bush fire hazard reduction and the preservation of native habitats. I also have extensive fire fighting training and survival on land and at sea so a product of that experience/education aids me in our preparation.

Native animal habitats were preserved with fire in the past. It was an aid in survival of the original occupants of this land. Sadly this knowledge is being lost or ignored and subsequently bush fire dangers increase. Couple this with that practice of 'burning the land' (hazard reduction) over thousands of years a lot of Australian native flora is dependent on a fire for regeneration from trees to shrubs, grasses and cycads. But the fire has to be seasonal on a rotation basis as the land owners years ago traveled seasonally. Burn upon arrival. Hunt. New shoots appear, animals appear and life was good. When finished in that spot, burn again and move to next location. Repeat. This practice had disappeared in a short space of time. The bush hasn't adjusted and the introduction of outside species of plant life has built up to an impenetrable mass.

The preservation of parks, national parks etc is a good thing but the land management as in the nearby national park here has lead to wildfires. The eucalypti build up coupled with introduced species of weeds like Lantana and Privet prepares a hot bed for ignition. A massive fire will destroy a huge percentage of the natural habitat and wildlife. An annual (or at least biannual) burn reducing the fuel and enabling regeneration would see the preservation of the Australian natural habitat and not a patchy destruction across the states as we see yearly.

My tricky thoughts. Doesn't get much if any support. Hence I'll attempt to save my habitat the old ways.

Kind regards,

bally

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: SyxPak

A SteamPunk Kangaroo!? I Love It!! Keep Your Good Humor. It Fits You well, considering... There are times when This World Serves Us $h!t. I Think We need to remember, Maybe Someone Else Needs The Sharing of It!? But Seriously Bally, Please Be Careful with all that Smoke You are dealing with... Freaks Me out Knowing You and Yours have to Endure That...

Humor keeps the spirits up. My dad was similar all his life after surviving WW 11. "Just stand up with a grin on yer face and a wink to the man by your shoulder." Must be inherent as I see humor in a lot of situations which gives me the occasional retort of, "What are you grinning for? This is serious." You might read the serious side of me in my last post but bugger what those people think, I'll roll a smoke then get on with the job. And if they don't like smoking they should get away from the fire aye!

Nothing like a bit of a chuckle when things go south.

My regards and thanks for your reply,

bally

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 10:47 PM
link   

You are quite knowledgeable about your land and the plants and animals. Good on you mate! I don't like that you are inhaling so much smoke though.

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

You are quite knowledgeable about your land and the plants and animals. Good on you mate! I don't like that you are inhaling so much smoke though.

Yeah, well
. I'm smoking tobacco right now so I'm aggravating the circumstances so to speak. I'm lucky we have no asthmatics here. The smoke is ahead of the wind so if it follows yesterdays pattern it will darken in about 2 hours. Presently bright with a smoke haze all around. I just learnt to put on sun glasses when I went outside to check the progress and ahem...have a leak. When I looked up everything appeared grayer until my eyes adjusted.

Cheers for your kind remarks,

bally

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 11:04 PM
link   

You're Quite Welcome Surely. Looks like the 'Old Ways' Were/Are Best! I feel better seeing How You have experience, and a Good Head on Yer Shoulders. Also It looks like You Know what to Do, and When! Your Descriptive Explanation of the 'What For's' an 'Why's' Look pretty Good To me! But WOW! May Your Knowledge Bless You!! Sending Hopes and Wishes for Well Being Your Way!! (Text just does not do at times.) Hugs My Earthen Brother, to You and Yours!!

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: XXXN3O

YOU! I had to dig up this post from 30 pages back, to tell you....

Thanks, actually. You introduced me to a new music addiction and I play Heilung nearly every day now (doing the dishes has never felt more victorious)

Usually, I just play the whole show while I clean for an hour:

Buuuut sometimes at night, I indulge in a few select songs from their concert. In Maidjan is one of my favorites. Singing an alphabet has never been more heart pumping

I like to unwind to this, Hamrer Hippyer. It's a healing incantation, though it sounds aggressive. It's actually pretty soothing after a couple of listens.

I also love Hakkerskaldyr, I may or may not have thumped a foot along with the beat at the sink scrubbing plates and said "I will obliterate you, you remnant dried egg breakfast!" XD

Skip to around 34 seconds in to bypass the noise of the crowd.

In the Krigsgaldr video you initially posted, did you notice her head turn to the camera, at around 7:20 in? That's enough to wipe the smirk off the baddest ass's face, lol.
edit on 9/9/2019 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Thanks.

I'll pass you kind thoughts and comments onto my "true love" (wife.)

Kind regards as always,

bally

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Haha... welcome to your new addiction, glad to have introduced it

Something just... so ... human/primal about the sounds I think!!

The Indian songs from the other side of the world are great too as are the Eastern sounds from the times.

My lineage comes from vikings (been looking into my roots with the help of my Aunt). Pretty much as Scottish as can be aside from a bit of Welsh thanks to a madman viking landing in a port in England hundreds of years back and erm... having his way with it!
If you like this sort of sound, you might like this too! (I see it as an evolution of the old music types given the movements of the people in history with many Vikings ending up in Scotland). Without going to deep into the politics of it all and just sticking with the music sounds of course. All has this kinda earthy drum beat sound to it all, more in touch with nature or something

Anyways, bit of a jump but thought it worth sharing, I like hearing the progression etc given that ive been told I will be completely deaf at somepoint soon.

Cheers

PS: yes I noticed - the Mrs looks at me like that when I eat pork scratchings

edit on 9-9-2019 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 12:02 AM
link   

WOW! Not even 10 mins in and I have been Hooked! Tool Is My Preferred Band, along with AC/DC, Black Sabbath, Etc.. I Loved the Tribal Sound of this Rythmic Enchantments!! Is Completely Diff than what Drives Me. Incredibly Authentic, Maybe?, but Cool. Very Cool!!!

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Again You're Quite Welcome!

Syx

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Glanced in at the shed and saw syx swooping in.
On wings of fiercest black like night
So I thought I might myself fall again
To the world of sweet dreams insight

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 02:01 AM
link   
a reply to: LucidWarrior

Yes, our mighty Dragon Lord has returned home. I hope our Warrior Wordsmith has as well.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 02:06 AM
link   

They must be really cool to see live! It's hard to be original in the music scene, but this band is so unique!

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 02:15 AM
link   
a reply to: LucidWarrior

Wow Thanx for That!

I have been absent from The Shed,
and ATS for quite some Time.
The Fact that I had a draw on You to join Us,
Makes Me feel Quite Fine!

Make Yourself at Home Here,
Hit The Bar for Sodas or Beer.
Or Another Beverage of Your Choice,
Because Here You have Your Own Voice!

(Hope This makes Sense when I see it Tomorrow!) LOL!!
2:15 A.M. here Central TZ...

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Another nocturnal Sheddite It is 3:18 here. I shall head for my chamber and dream of magical things.

top topics

<< 68  69  70    72  73  74 >>

join