It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 23

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Hi Nyiah!
I didn't see the show you mentioned so I can't comment. We all have our likes and dislikes so I won't throw tomatoes or glass bottles at you. Lol

Hope you're keeping cool in this heat.

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

Hello Fin!
I knew you would make a proper apology to your friend.

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Good Day All!
Still trying to wake up here. How is everyone?

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Well it's the second day of cloudy overcast weather here in Portland, and I've loving it. Drizzle aside (we call it "liquid sunshine"), temperatures in the mid-seventies and pleasant, even if the humidity is zinging around all over the place. This >100yr old house I'm in doesn't exactly have the best gutters -- the landlord's a bit casual about such things -- so I had some small amount of water seeping into the basement. But a quick adjustment of the piecemeal runoff hoses this morning should probably take care of that. I'm glad my shelving system keeps stuff off the floor!

I'm still catching up on my video viewing, and other responsibilities. Watched the most recent season of Black Mirror (somewhat disappointing compared to previous seasons), and started the Good Omens miniseries. I had watched the first episode before traveling the country earlier in the year, so it was mostly a review. I can recommend it! Enjoyable.

It's a good year for the hummingbirds. I've got a feeder on my back porch, and there's at least three who regularly visit often throughout the day. I've seen three at a time, but heard more. I've taken to tilting the feeder and spilling a little nectar into my palm, to taste and check freshness. I believe this amazes the hummingbirds! Especially when I sing to them with my slurping.

Peace & joy to all in the magical Shedlands.

(Picks up any glass bottles and tomatoes, fills the bottles with water, and makes a nice Caprese salad with the tomatoes)

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Ian McLean

Good day Ian!

I have only seen one hummingbird in my entire life. It was so magical, it was like seeing a unicorn. Such amazing and beautiful tiny birds!

I keep hearing the twittering of the chimney sweep babies from the pipe In my kitchen. I used to think there were bats up there until one of the little birds fell onto my kitchen floor one year.

Makes fresh pot of coffee and brings out donuts for all who arrive.

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 02:42 PM
link   
This man is a true hero

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 03:35 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Autorico

Ha! I kept thinking of all the funny things these people might have been saying and thinking, including the drunk dude.

Thanks for the music today! Missed you Rico! Glad you showed up finally.

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

I'm usually online, just haven't had much to say lately for some reason. Hope everyone is doin well

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Autorico

Happy to see you when you are here little buddy!

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Figured since we have several days next week forecast to be in the lower to mid 90's, now would be a good time to set up the little kiddie pool for the kids to cool off in. It'll give it enough time to come up in temperature to not be like sitting in ice water. Right now, it's positively frigid out of the hose, that water can't possibly be any warmer than 55 or MAYBE 60 at best. The kids are out in it right now anyway, splashing like it's tepid bathwater

I stood in it, only a 23 inch deep pool, but 30 seconds of standing in what might as well have been the middle of Lake Superior (which is notoriously cold as hell) was enough for me, it was cold enough to make my feet ache! Definitely need a few days of solar warming there before I sit my butt in it.

The window AC unit is chugging along just fine. We're trying to only use it on AC settings when we need to, and are using it on the fan setting on nicer (relatively speaking) days to control humidity while letting the window or floor fan do the cooling work. It was really humid inside today, so I did have to turn the furnace fan (just the fan, not the heat!) to help circulate the moist air out of the basement. This worked really, really well, I haven't have to break out the mop & towels yet to dry the floor

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 08:20 PM
link   

I used to have a blow up pool that was big enough to lounge in and read a book or just float around in. Loved that thing!

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Hellooo
Any one home?
I found out today why I have been so abnormally fatigued the past two weeks.
It started with a little water filled "pimple" three weeks ago that by now covers most of my "frontal globes" so I thought it was time to see a doctor.
A very pleasant visit it was. Dr. Big told me kindly that I could "dress" for the occasion but I insisted that as soon as I could get "this" looked at the better.
He took one concerned look and smiled "Well that is Lyme's and the easiest diagnosis I have made all day" Since he was so happy I couldn't feel bad about it. After leaving the room to get me coupons he returned with an entourage, my regular MD and another person. They all looked like kids diving into a cookie jar.
I couldn't help whipping out my devilish side, "So I am a celebrity, can I charge a fee"
He caught himself and asked if it was all right that they had a look.
Affirmative.
I have never had any one stare at me with such horror and curiosity. I could "feel" them taking in every detail for future reference.
Oh, and I broke a toe the other morning on a personal errand. The funny thing is I tripped on Gigi who didn't budge, because she is ninety pounds of "You ain't push'n, me when I'm sleep'n" kind of girl. It's all black, blue, red and swollen. I got sandals.
Jeez, I have so much catch'n up to do.

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Get well soon WIS !

Did you get attacked by a tick ?

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 08:56 PM
link   

I would jump into "My Lake" no matter the temp these days. It is unbearably humid. But, but it has "Swimmers Itch " and I don't want one more bout of blistering, puss filled insane itching. Not to mention what it does to dogs.
My window AC is "handling" it but with out the fans my "shoe box" would be a slow cooker.
I noticed some posts ago that you froze bottled water and used them as coolers. I have done that.
Perhaps it is a placebo affect but I felt a difference.
Stay cool girl.
Weather and food. So essential.
edit on 10-7-2019 by WalkInSilence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Lyme's and a broken toe? Poor dear.
Better get you into sick bay for a while and have the pixies wait on you. We'll come for visits. I'll bring books and booze.

I was over at youtube watching a movie.

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Timely

Dave, missed you while you were busy with the Mrs. How is Linda doing?

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Timely

What are you doing here?
I am so happy to see you, you rascal.
Thank you. I am fine just really tired.
I "wilderness" walk a lot. Can't stand the stupid "designated" trails so a hungry critter probably found its way by me or the dogs.
I am careful, wash my clothes as soon as I get home, take a shower, but the dogs could carry one, even though they are treated.
How are you and Linda you silly old thing? Happy?

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

I'll bring books and booze.
Well if you don't mind, a well poured Guinness and a double malt would do fine and while I am enjoying this a good story would top off my "pity party".
I am doing OK, just tired.
The wonderful kittens are getting eyes. Yesterday I made a new bed for them, with pillow cases and clothes I had worn to emphasize my scent. They are scent oriented the first two weeks.
Mamma is doing well, but Gigi is obsessed with killing them, so it is a challenge.

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

I used to have a blow up pool that was big enough to lounge in and read a book or just float around in. Loved that thing!

We were given the go-ahead to put up a pool a few years ago, the rental company gave a happy go-ahead to put in a 3 ft deep x 15 ft across circular pool even after letting them know we'd have to dig up that foot print to level the ground in the best possible spot to put it (reply was "Ok, so long as you fill it in with dirt & re-seed if & when you ever move out." Good deal!)

It was awesome while it lasted, but we got popped by code enforcement, they popped a LOT of people in the neighborhood that summer for pool violations, including my kids' best friend's house a few doors up, they had the same big pool.
I can kinda understand why we got popped, the yard is only fenced in the sense that the fencing belongs to the neighbors on each side of us and behind us, the property is not fenced on our side. My kids' buddy's house has no adjacent fencing at all & they're a long, but skinny corner lot, so anybody could just walk right up to the pool no matter where they put it.
A pool where I am needs to be in a completely fenced area with a self-latching gate, and both need to be at least 4 ft tall. You can see where this is going -- even at it's cheapest, going half & half on the total cost to install fencing was too much for both us & the rental company for just a seasonal pool.
So the only option was to take the big pool down and go with one just short of the ordinance limits. The folks in the rental office were extremely apologetic, and I do firmly believe they were every bit as disappointed as we were.

The little pool works fine for lounging in, and we have several play sprinkler type things to hook up to the hose to keep things varied.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join