It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 23

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 03:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I'm seeing eighties with over 90 degrees on Wednesday, but they aren't always accurate.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 05:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
a reply to: Nyiah

I'm seeing eighties with over 90 degrees on Wednesday, but they aren't always accurate.

Michigan's a funny place, where if they tell you a foot of snow is coming...don't expect it to materialize until they forecast the rare sunny winter day, lmao. Same with rain chances, thunderstorms, lol. I feel sorry for the meteorologists in this state, it's actually one of the hardest states to forecast for in the country (seriously)

Forecast temps can fluctuate up and down a few degrees over the course of the day as model runs come in, but for the most part, they're usually pretty darn close by the time that day arrives. Rain percentages do the same, I've seen the next day's rain forecast go from 30% to 80% and back down to 40% all over the course of the day.
These forecast temps for next week have been creeping up day by day, which is a trend I've noticed in the summer and have come to expect.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Hello

I have been just relaxing at home for about 6 hours. Last night i spent on my friend's couch. At one point, one of the cats made an unimaginable yawn. I saw it from start to finish and at one point i thought to myself "Oh, oh, that cat is going to dislocate her jaw if she opens her mouth even just a little bit further."

But she obviously knew what she wad doing. The yawn ended. She closed her mouth. But not for a long time, She went eating cat food.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I like kabiparas. They are the biggest rodents we have on this planet.

They look a bit weird, some of you might not like that at all, but i think they are cute.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Because you're all such wonderful, loving friends...

The inimitable, brilliant and timeless Carole King. I had her (vinyl disc) album "Tapestry" and played it till it basically wore out.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Okay, I have to admit it: yesterday marked 6 months since my dear wife Dada passed away. And for some reason it's hitting me harder today than it did yesterday. Half a year without her, and it feels like forever.

Blue, I know what you're going through, man. Wish I could give you a hug right now. And all of you who've also lost someone: the same.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

Hugs back to you Mike. The boat we share is a most unpleasant one.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

An adorable animal.

Fin, I hope one day you can own a cat of your own. You seem to adore them and are good with them.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

With Mark's kidneys being the way that they are, I fear I will be in the same position as you and Blue one day. I cannot imagine that kind of loss. I live in fear a lot. To see a man who once had so much energy and was always so active sleep so much...it's sad. To know that eventually he will need dialysis and a kidney transplant scares the hell out of me.

My heart goes out to you and to Blue and anyone who has lost someone precious in their lives. Friendships are so very important. We can share in one another's pain and sorrow and be there with love and compassion.

I love you all so much and treasure what we share here in our sacred little space called The Shed.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: JustMike

Because you're all such wonderful, loving friends...
Thank you for the song Mike. It had me crying, strong gratefull tears. We never know when we will find some one who touches our hearts. Thank you for your trust, I am honored.

Half a year without her, and it feels like forever.

Oh, dear friend, when I read this the tears poured, a half year is but a drop in the time you had together. I have no words of comfort other than I came to love you both, you gave me hope over the years with the joy you shared. You and Dada were/are so real.
Thank you for touching my very guarded heart.

Just wanted to share, because it seems pertinent. Just listen, close your eyes, feel it, there is no visual.
But this is, too beautiful, I just found it.
So very much.

edit on 12-7-2019 by WalkInSilence because: crying

edit on 12-7-2019 by WalkInSilence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Please pardon me for being emotional. But over the years I have encountered so many beings that have carved themselves into my heart here in the Shed / ATS. I hope they know they have made a difference in my life.
They have made me a better person.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Beautiful written and the songs are beautiful as well Wis!

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Losing a love one is one of the hardest things a person can go through. My little bit of advice: get all your financial ducks in a row i.e. insurance, funeral cost, plans for what you will do afterwards money wise being on your own.

There are millions of books on grief so I can't point out anyone for your to read to help. Perhaps read about the stages of grief keeping in mind the number of stages and order/combination of such varies with each of us.

"The pain of the heart is far worse than the pain of the body.
For it only takes but a short time for the body to heal,
the heart can take a lifetime."

-Angela Miranda
edit on 7 12 2019 by LookingForABetterLife because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

A hello and friendly hug to you WIS.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 10:20 PM
link   
One of my kids' best friends, the one a few doors up the street, is moving in a few weeks a few hours away, so we're having a sleepover here tonight while the weather's cooperative. She had dinner at her own house first, but hubby loaded them all up in the car as soon as she got here and took them out for ice cream at the neighborhood shop. She wasn't expecting that at all, "Go ahead, get the biggest sundae they have if you want to!" She got a simple chocolate cone, but was very happy either way, they don't go there very often.

She did manage to have the obligatory ice cream accident all over the front of her shirt, so I've been working on getting that stain out while they lounge in PJs. It's out, and in the dryer now. Kid couldn't be happier, lol, she thought her favorite shirt was ruined. Nope, no stain is permanent in my house, kid, I even managed to get black ink stains out of tan work pants when hubby washed his clothes & forgot about a pen in the pocket. Of course the damn thing exploded all over everything in there (that was a disaster in the washer drum, took FOREVER to rinse out completely, never mind the clothes)

They're not misty-eyed like we would have been back in our youths. They play an online game together and are on each other's friend lists, so they'll still be able to chat in that. It has voice chat, so no worries on phone usage, too.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 10:28 PM
link   
But wait, don't go yet...

Had to take a break and go after some tea.

Why I came here in the first place today is due to dad losing more and more brain cells ever day.

Seven hundred years ago or so when I last cut grass I always made a point to wear bluejeans. None of these stupid short pants dad wears year round. The reason for, this which the CDC can back me up on in part, is to lessen the chance of critters (mainly mosquitoes) from attacking my legs and giving me a lovely gift like Ebola. Having a little bit of armor to save me from a snake bite or perhaps something being kicked out from underneath the lawnmower helps too.

So dad goes out there in his shorts and mows the front yard. What makes this an example of his losing more brain cells is he did this in the DARK. A sane person who has diabetes like him would know better than to do as he did.

I don't know if he completed the job or just part of is. It's dark out, can't see to tell you. He survived apparently injury free.

Another day in Funville.

edit on 7 12 2019 by LookingForABetterLife because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Hi Night Star,

As I promised in the previous shed thread I'd send some pics of the animals but something didn't translate from the iphone to the laptop and I had some hiccups but here goes,

Bella the Dal/Bull Arab cross and Polar the Swiss Shep/Retriever cross waiting for someone to trip over them.

Little Charlie the 'Moodle' guarding the hog on a spit.

Polar taking up the lounge.

Polar and Black cat (other two cats missing at time) sleeping near the fireplace.

The geese family guarding the hatchlings.

Charlie again

True love and I cutting wood and cleaning up.

Bella on the lounge (Prime spot near the fireplace)

The fireplace fronting the rock staircase. (All the animals hog the fireplace)

A pair of crows left abandoned as chicks for some reason. We took them in until they were able to fly away themselves.

Early shot of the geese.

True love and I organizing firewood and clearing around the block.

Bella and my youngest down by the river.

Charlie and Rusty (miniature one eyed poodle) checking out an area we burned off.

Hope you like the pics,

kind regards,

bally

edit on 13-7-2019 by bally001 because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-7-2019 by bally001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

You cut grass 700 years ago? Are you a wizard or something?

Keeping secrets I see.

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 01:59 AM
link   
a reply to: bally001

OMG bally, I just loved all the pics! So much to see and enjoy! Thank you so much for sharing these.

I see you saved a couple of crows. How awesome!

I couldn't see the Love of your life. Is she invisible or am I blind? You have a really nice place surrounded by nature. Love it!

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 02:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

That's true love in the blue shirt burning off some bark and chips.

I'm not in the pic.

bally

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join