It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 23

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Ian McLean

Hello Sweetie! You are a kind and thoughtful man, just the kind of person we need here and in the world.

Headed for the coffee pot. Would you like a cup?

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 02:04 PM
link   
The ads on the site today are more annoying than ever and even in people's posts and avatars. Grrrr!

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

I believe I will, in this place, enjoy a cup of coffee. I've been caffeine-free for over a week now, something I feel sure is a temporary measure.

Your words made me cry. It's good though. I lost my wife (dearest Lisa) earlier this year and am still in mourning and grief. A kind and gentle soul. We met on here, drawn by the kindness and compassion of this place, aflutter in the surrounding chaos. I miss her so.

Thank you. There is no gesture so small that it cannot remind us of the vastness of love.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Oh Ian, I am so sorry to hear that you lost your wife, how heart wrenching! We have a couple of other Sheddites who have lost their wives as well.

I am so glad I kept the Shed open. There were times when it seemed it would surely die and it saddened me a great deal, but as long as people were still posting, even if only a few, it was worth it. It seems that people who need this sacred place always seem to find it and I am forever grateful.

Thank you for being a part of our journey through life!

Hands Ian a mug full of fresh brewed coffee.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 02:47 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ian McLean

originally posted by: Finspiracy
Sorry for the negative posts

Fin those aren't negative posts. Being open and sharing is positive. We care and you're not alone. Also, it is a pleasure to meet you.

Callahan's Law: "Shared pain is lessened; shared joy, increased — thus do we refute entropy." (Spider Robinson)

Thank you. Nice to meet you too, you seem strong and nice. I am deeply sorry that you lost your wife
I have lost a couple of great girlfriends too but mostly due to my own shortcomings.

Yesterday was a rollercoaster. It started great. I woke up from my friend's couch, we made coffee and turned on the TV. There was a deaf woman who had her own travel show! She was so professional about it and positive about life. It is an absolute delight to me to see that kind of stuff. People smashing down obstacles and getting far in life. Then came all the bad news and i started drinking and ventilated here and stuff...

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 06:00 PM
link   
To every one. I am done with my 6 day 70 hour marathon and I am Done, well done and over cooked.
But, it is so nice to be home and see very body. It is awesome.
Having a sip or two of Malbec, enjoying the chatter before I have an early retreat.
Hugs around abound.
I hope I get to know the new people.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

Hey You, I miss you, but I have been gone too, just lurking, so …

What was the bad news Sir Fin?

I see how you find the woman an inspiration, but remember you have always inspired me over the years. You always have a kind word and you have a gentle forceful strength. You have integrity.
WIS Hugs

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Hiya Fin and Wis! I'm only popping in once in a while today as all the ads are driving me crazy.
Hugs to everyone!

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

I hope I get to know the new people.

You will. I know it's difficult for you to be here a lot as you work so many hours. In time though, you will get to know them just as I am getting to know them. And so far...I love what I'm seeing and thankful that they have found their way here.

Love you my Shed Sister!

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: WalkInSilence

Hey You, I miss you, but I have been gone too, just lurking, so …

What was the bad news Sir Fin?

I see how you find the woman an inspiration, but remember you have always inspired me over the years. You always have a kind word and you have a gentle forceful strength. You have integrity.
WIS Hugs

Well my sisters son was sent to the army and sister is crying. Mom with a broken foot. Goddaughter got hit by a car while driving a bicycle. Bones broken and stuff. And i opened up to my friend and he said (in goodwill) that i have no influence over it and he tried to calm me down. And i kind of exploded. Something along the lines of "if i have no influence over it, is it all good then, all the time!" NOT!

i owe a few apologies but before that i will sleep some more.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 08:59 PM
link   

May you find peace in sweet slumber dear Fin. I know you will apologize to your friend who meant well because you are a sweet soul. I'm sure you were overwhelmed with all the bad news hitting you at once and that's understandable. We are only human after all. Eh?

I will be going out with my Sister tomorrow, but will be here in the morning and back home by early evening. Praying for all involved with bad things happening.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 11:46 PM
link   

I am so utterly sorry about lovely Ding.

I have sent you a u2u.

Zazz

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 02:12 AM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Gah! I missed the lovely Zazz. Waves at Zazzy from Rhode Island which isn't an island.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Have to rush out the door for lunch with my Sister and I really need groceries. See you all early this evening. Love, light and hugs!

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 02:33 PM
link   
2nd PC died. Juggled power supply, memory and hardisks and now have one semi-broken PC working for now. Re-installed, updated, upgraded and am now back using Linux (Debian) at last. A breath of fresh air after all this time. A hard disk died a year or two ago and I never got round to buying a new one.

Filed tax-returns (I get money back! LOL), cleaned up a bit and drank lots of coffee while smoking by the fire exit. ATS is being worked on again, thankfully I missed the advertisement problem people had earlier. And hello to the new folk!

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Finally! I was worried about you Matthew. Glad you are up and running and back home in the Shed. You were missed!

Hugs!

Finally got groceries. Yay!

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I'm probably about to dodge tomatoes and glass bottles here in The Shed, but I have to admit...

I watched The Expanse via Amazon Video, and I found it rather lackluster in terms of acting. Visually, it was absolutely stunning, seriously top-notch CGI, but the actors and actresses SUCK. The one playing Naomi in particular really irked me, I came away outright disliking that actress' style, very stiff actress.

The first season is outright BORING, way too slow & dry of a story build-up. It's marginally better a few episodes into the second, and it's just interesting enough to catch mild attention in the third. Just enough attention to begrudgingly hook you for the upcoming fourth season to see what the hell happens.

Tomato-bomb away, but mind those bottles, folks. < ducks >

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

Tomato-bomb away, but mind those bottles, folks. < ducks >

No!

It is your opinion and we respect that. Hopefully you find something better to watch.

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Yesterday i went to my friend's place because i wanted to apologize for being a total jerk. Face-to-face apology, it is more genuine and real that way, although the guilt and shame hurts.

So we watched 2 episodes of the 6 episode miniseries "Good omens" And we both liked it very much. It was captivating and very well done overall.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join