It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Antifa attacks journalist in Portland

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnS23

Big leap there....let's take some steps back.

If you know your government is corrupt, by all means replace them even if force is needed. I endorse that big time!!

The groups battling antifa were there to battle antifa.

Peace

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

antifa will just wear burka's

like Saddam did, or was that Quadaffi duck.

One of those bad guys, or it was a Movie I saw ✌✌✌🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

then they can carry rocks in their purses.

brings a whole new meaning to "getting stoned"

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime

If you know your government is corrupt, by all means replace them even if force is needed. I endorse that big time!!

You do have a point, the government of the city of portland seems corrupt and is in need of change.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

I'm sure they can call up some help from Oregon.

I hear they already have the weapons clean and ready.

Something about climate change and running form the sheriffs.

no vote without a quorum, the Democrats feeling lonely.

"Oregon invades Washington"

what a headline, antifa fights it's self.

Bike lock to bike lock. 😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣🎪🎪🎪👍
edit on 2-7-2019 by thedigirati because: my fingers are not as fast as my thoughts

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

So....out with the pitchforks and guillotines then.

.....nothing

We just keep bashing each others heads in while playing the blaming game. Antifa isn't antifa in america, they're just a bunch of pissed of liberals. On the other side we have a bunch of pissed of conservatives and everybody is pretending that if angry people get together # shouldn't happen.

Peace

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 10:11 AM
link   

no not really
all we have here is some "tolerant" people engaging in gay bashing
thats it
simple civil rights violations

no more
no less

you can whip it up all you like
wont make it any less disgusting

you can blame everyone all you like
wont change the fact that antifa sought this person out, shouted him down, and publicly beat him

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 10:14 AM
link   

No most of us are saying that a journalist should not be maligned as asking to be beat for covering a violent extremist group that other journalist glorify

You are the one pretending he had it coming

Most of us are saying we should call violent groups who believe in masking themselves and using violence to silence their opponents

You are pretending we shouldn’t judge the group no matter how many times this violence occurs

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: 1point92AU

Absolutely awesome post! Kudos!

This is why I read ATS. I looked up some of what you posted last night to try and vet your information... it seems to be true from what I have read elsewhere. Now if we can get some of the Antifa apologists to read it and see what they are supporting.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I agree that post was great

The problem is you can see how left wing people will deflect from this

They want to rewrite history

So they show pictures of the beach at Normandy and say those were anti fascists fighting Nazis, and ignore all of the terrible history with the group

And when that fails, they will just say we can’t judge today’s Antifa with the pasta as they have on this thread

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Yeah I get it...call them out. Put a big freaking sticker on it etc..

Tomorrow a reporter is going to be bashed over the head by Soiboys united. What is the difference?

Your not solving the problem, you're just shifting it.

The real problem is this big freaking gap in your political landscape and everybody is feeding it (you included)...

And when things go south everybody is acting all surprised.

Peace

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 10:48 AM
link   

go back 6 years and look at America, go back 10 years and look at America.

It was not perfect, but we (Americans) agreed to disagree.

2 1/2 years ago, Hillary Clinton did not win the Whitehouse, the left in america have not agreed to disagree

they were more concerned that President Trump would not accept the election results, how hysterical is that??

it left an emotional scar on people that were raised getting partcipation tropies just because they exist, they had never lost anything before. it was new and painful and they wanted revenge for that feeling.

Thus "antifa'"in America was born, and anything that may offend someone somewhere became "hate speech" online.

this all offends me but I'm white and don't count, yes we would love to march on portland and toss out the grubers, but we have jobs, and bills and ply by the rules.

Antifa in America is trust fund babies and have lots of free time and threaten families.

( look up antifa and Tucker Carlson)

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: thedigirati

go back 6 years and look at America, go back 10 years and look at America.

It was not perfect, but we (Americans) agreed to disagree.

2 1/2 years ago, Hillary Clinton did not win the Whitehouse, the left in america have not agreed to disagree

they were more concerned that President Trump would not accept the election results, how hysterical is that??

it left an emotional scar on people that were raised getting partcipation tropies just because they exist, they had never lost anything before. it was new and painful and they wanted revenge for that feeling.

Thus "antifa'"in America was born, and anything that may offend someone somewhere became "hate speech" online.

this all offends me but I'm white and don't count, yes we would love to march on portland and toss out the grubers, but we have jobs, and bills and ply by the rules.

Antifa in America is trust fund babies and have lots of free time and threaten families.

( look up antifa and Tucker Carlson)

well done!
astute analysis

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 10:56 AM
link   

So the problem in this country is people who don’t agree that journalist have it coming if they report on extremist thugs?

I think the problem is people like you who blame victims when they are attacked

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: thedigirati

I noticed how you guys have a big problem with left and right. Who's fault that is, I couldn't tell you, I wasn't around when this stuff happened.

I'm not for Trump, I'm not for Hillary...it's not up to me to judge who's right and who's wrong here.

But the real antifa is anything but trustfund babies...your american version of antifa has nothing to do with it.

Wouldn't it be much fairer and easier to label # as it is?

I've got to give it to the Trump crowd...they got the red caps. Maybe blue caps for the other side an engage...it would make a lot of stuff so much quicker.

Peace

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 11:07 AM
link   

you are still reading things that are not there.

you asked how we got here

I explained it, I never said the American antifa was the same as germanies other than they shared violence.

Maybe you should worry more about Germany and less about America, you may beless confused that way

this is not a diss, just an observation.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 11:10 AM
link   

The problem is with admitting their is a clear devide and both sides are using incidents to draw each other out.

"We are here in the field and it promises to be a lovely day. Green team is sending one of his guys out to entice a reaction. And there's the reaction from the purple team. Now the green team will claim no affiliation with their guy so they can launch their attack at the purple team...excellent play"

This ofcourse goes back and forth...

You have to be in the crowd to really enjoy the spectacle.

Peace

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Irrelevant jibberish

Ngo was not a participant in the violence

If you think he is, then you would have to say every mainstream journalist that has voiced displeasure with trumo should expect to be beat at trump rallies but f they attend

Yes there were morons on both sides fighting

You are saying a journalist had it coming for videoing it

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Had it coming as in:

Deserved it, often due to one's poor or foolish behavior. The phrase is used when one is unsympathetic to someone who has suffered a hardship.

Are you really going to insist that what mr.Ngo did was not foolish. That he was an objective reporter who had no knowledge this could happen?

I'm not condoning what the people did who hurt mr.Ngo but if you know people are out for you. You are a known person to the people you know are violent. Police ask you to stand clear yet you are insisting on being up in their face...you are still saying that isn't a bit foolish?

I get it...constitution...freedom...but to deny that it wasn't a bit foolish.

Yeah..I'm disgusting and I condone the rape of women...I'll show myself out.

Peace
edit on 2-7-2019 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Yes you are making the exact argument rape victim shamers make

“Don’t you think it was foolish for you to walk in that part of town with a short skirt?”

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

So you state that those who did this get punished.

Nice.

Then you attack those who would have been attacked by those with whom you wish punished.

Sorry, Stalin, not buying it.

It would have been nice if the cops did something right then as there were 100s in the area and not now the "I hope they get punished". The left also keeps saying... But But the right has supremacist groups so we are equal, but that is not a good picture of all this. What is not equal is this...

1. Supremacist groups are mostly gangs like the bloods and crips etc but make up only about 10%. Groups like KKK that may not be a criminal element are small in numbers and mostly non-violent until provoked, they want to march to their rally point and give speeches.

2. It's about numbers and Antifa protest in large numbers, this is a major concern.
3. Antifa say right up front they will use any means, including violence,and they are itching to find anyone they can. They not only attack people but cars buildings etc too. They come with masks, clubs, mixed "milk shakes" of quick cement and other chemicals.
4. The cops from days one have not stopped them at anytime unless they outright see them break a window etc. Beating up people they just watch unless the person is beaten into the ground and then they still let the crowd disperse without apprehensions.

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join