It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran responsible for 'blatant assault' on oil tankers in Gulf of Oman, Mike Pompeo says

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I bet that the blame will be put on the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps.

The Iran-Iraq War (1980–1988) transformed the IRGC into more of a conventional fighting force, in which it adopted a command structure similar to that of Western militaries. Now highly institutionalized, it remains a force parallel to that of Iran’s regular armed forces, with upward of 125,000 troops under its command...

Source: www.cfr.org...

We shall see.

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: pravdaseeker "How much ya gotta pay to get out of going through all these things twice?" - Bob Dylan, Memphis Blues Again

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 08:14 PM
link   
How horrible
How many people died?

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: signalhill

No one yet.
It is the disruption of oil that is the concern.

That could potentially kill billions.

Sarcasm noted.
edit on 13-6-2019 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBoomersRBusted

Dear ATS Readers, Writers,

Well, there you go...Ha! Even though I can't stand Bob Dylans singing voice (sinus infection monotone hairlip mumbles), he DID come up with some "good lines".

Mate it is the last of 7 nations slated for removal...this is "the perfect opportunity". Iran is even recorded for posterity's sake with a number of awesome threats recently too; that point to these oil tanker events as being their fault.

If not, they were stupid to say them earlier in the month, and give some entity the "perfect opportunity" to lay blame (false flag event) for something at Irans feet; and make it very hard to dispute it.

Arghhh, everybody is going nut these days. Again, I am reminded of Putins talk a few days ago.

Pravdaseeker

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darkblade71

No one yet.
It is the disruption of oil that is the concern.

That could potentially kill billions.

Sarcasm noted.

Oh. I had read on red that the tankers were carrying
100.000 tons of naphta and methyl alcohol

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 08:21 PM
link   
gotta say, i came into this thread expecting a blind rage fest and it's real heartening that we only seem to have one unhinged warhawk shouting about genitalia.... by ats standards that's incredible and it makes me hopeful for the first time in a while that cooler heads may prevail

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: pravdaseeker

My mom dated Bob Dylan (Zimmerman) in High School, said he was a jerk.

lol

If the US has video and pictures to present to the worlds Governments that Iran did do this, then I wonder how many people will just refuse the proof put in front of their faces just out of spite for the US (many in my own country)...

I think no matter what the truth, it will always be a "false flag".

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 08:28 PM
link   

It is not what the ships were carrying, it is the place they are in while attacked.

You know that, just as well as I do.

This was a symbolic warning/shot across the bow of the shipping in the area.

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: thedigirati
well. it wasn't a torpedo, it was a mine, but not a minor mine, lots of flames.

This explains the torpedo/mine terminology well...PLUS a fun history lesson:

I can help somewhat. The key is in the report that the ships hit a torpedo, not that a torpedo hit the ships.

At the time of our Civil War, a torpedo was what we now know as mines. Mobile Bay was full of them protecting it from the Union Navy.

An often misquote from that battle came from Adm. David Farragut "Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead.

The Europeans never really stopped using the torpedo word in place of mines.

From his high perch, where he was lashed to the rigging of his flagship, USS Hartford, Farragut could see the ships pulling back.

"What's the trouble?" he shouted through a trumpet to USS Brooklyn. "Torpedoes", was the shouted reply.

"Damn the torpedoes.", said Farragut, "Four bells, Captain Drayton, go ahead. Jouett, full speed."

The bulk of the fleet succeeded in entering the bay.

Ron Ogletree
@[email protected]
edit on 13-6-2019 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Dark nights around the new moon July 2.

Maybe it will be the July 4th fireworks show.

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: continuousThunder

Greetings continuousThunder, thanks for your input.

gotta say, i came into this thread expecting a blind rage fest and it's real heartening that we only seem to have one unhinged warhawk shouting about genitalia.... by ats standards that's incredible and it makes me hopeful for the first time in a while that cooler heads may prevail

Yeah, I know what you mean; sometimes the threads get a bit nasty. I concur, and am pleasantly pleased that so far this thread has not fallen into that trap.

Now, were you referring to ATS when you mentioned cooler heads may prevail?

If you were referring to the Gulf of Oman events, and foreign nations/USA; I am afraid that herd of rabid cats are out of the bag...scattered by a pack of rabid bulldogs; and never to be rounded up again.. Ha! Dark humour. my apologies.

Sometimes dark humour is the only recourse... otherwise extreme anger happens, and just being a lowly peasant in this world... we/I can do NOTHING about it except talk it over with ATS'ers, etc to try and "deal with it all". It is certainly frustrating to see the situations around the world crumble even further into an even bigger real s**t show.

Now, all them bombers sent to the mideast a while back will probably get used launching a huge flock of cruise missiles or something like that...argghh. I hope not, but hey.... Syria got thumped pretty good a while back with these gazzillion dollar missiles.

I don't think the warhawks will let this perfect opportunity slide by for another grand nation bashing, and testosterone spraying event of epic scale.

Pravdaseeker

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darkblade71
a reply to: EternalShadow

I just don't understand why people think we are trying to start a war with Iran by false flags...
we don't really need to.

Oh I don't know...

Maybe this is why:

www.globalresearch.ca...

(8) The CIA admits that it hired Iranians in the 1950′s to pose as Communists and stage bombings in Iran in order to turn the country against its democratically-elected prime minister.

(11-21) The former Italian Prime Minister, an Italian judge, and the former head of Italian counterintelligence admit that NATO, with the help of the Pentagon and CIA, carried out terror bombings in Italy and other European countries in the 1950s and blamed the communists, in order to rally people’s support for their governments in Europe in their fight against communism. As one participant in this formerly-secret program stated: “You had to attack civilians, people, women, children, innocent people, unknown people far removed from any political game. The reason was quite simple. They were supposed to force these people, the Italian public, to turn to the state to ask for greater security” (and see this) (Italy and other European countries subject to the terror campaign had joined NATO before the bombings occurred). And watch this BBC special. They also allegedly carried out terror attacks in France, Belgium, Denmark, Germany, Greece, the Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, the UK, and other countries. False flag attacks carried out pursuant tho this program include – by way of example only – the murder of the Turkish Prime Minister (1960), bombings in Portugal (1966), the Piazza Fontana massacre in Italy (1969), terror attacks in Turkey (1971), the Peteano bombing in Italy (1972), shootings in Brescia, Italy and a bombing on an Italian train (1974), shootings in Istanbul, Turkey (1977), the Atocha massacre in Madrid, Spain (1977), the abduction and murder of the Italian Prime Minister (1978), the bombing of the Bologna railway station in Italy (1980), and shooting and killing 28 shoppers in Brabant county, Belgium (1985).

(24) As admitted by the U.S. government, recently declassified documents show that in 1962, the American Joint Chiefs of Staff signed off on a plan to blow up AMERICAN airplanes (using an elaborate plan involving the switching of airplanes), and also to commit terrorist acts on American soil, and then to blame it on the Cubans in order to justify an invasion of Cuba. See the following ABC news report; the official documents; and watch this interview with the former Washington Investigative Producer for ABC’s World News Tonight with Peter Jennings.

(23) Official State Department documents show that, in 1961, the head of the Joint Chiefs and other high-level officials discussed blowing up a consulate in the Dominican Republic in order to justify an invasion of that country. The plans were not carried out, but they were all discussed as serious proposals.

(22) In 1960, American Senator George Smathers suggested that the U.S. launch “a false attack made on Guantanamo Bay which would give us the excuse of actually fomenting a fight which would then give us the excuse to go in and [overthrow Castro]“.

There are many more, i.e. Gulf of Tonkin, Operation Northwoods,... etc.

It just isn't common knowledge.

I don't put nothing past the psychopaths in charge, aka our "Leaders".

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

My point was that we don't need false flags to go after Iran.

All governments are dirty.
Not a single one isn't

But your point is taken and my view is that
the evidence needs to be presented if this is reasons for future attacks on Iran.

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Dont know why you are freaking out that a modern military has plans in every region. LOL got news for ya, they got plans to handle England, they got plans for handling Canada, even got plans to handle home-grown civil insurrection. prettu sure our enemies and allies alike have contingency plans against the US too.

Right or wrong the thought is we are essentially already committed in the region, why let an enemy strengthen when you are in the neighborhood pop them on the nose, see if you can get regime change.

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Greetings putnam6, and thanks for your thoughts.

First off, I am not freaking out.... none of this is a surprise at all to me, in fact almost totally predictable.

I do have concerns it will likely, or easily could start the worst war with a nation in the middle east since 9-11, and by a long shot too.

I am also fully aware of those crazy "contingency plans" they have on everything/everyone, every nation; including your grandmother turning into a zombie and the needed response.

Getting a Dr Strangelove feeling happening suddenly..Ha!

And I understand where you are coming from on popping some nation in the nose when down the road you will be fighting them anyhow? Well maybe anyhow.

Don't mean it is right or proper though.. or "legal".. But who cares about legal these days anymore right?

Not freaking out, check... not surprised.. check.. Disappointed it has become a bigger S**T show? Yes.

Pravdaseeker

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Great answer. I'm far from thrilled with it, I know it will digress my country... But all I can do is be sarcastic about it.

I've come to terms with it, I've coped. And while it hasn't happened yet, and may not, it's proved it can. Because people are so willing to just roll with the war drums.

We're incapable of learning.

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 10:26 PM
link   

It makes no sence! Why would they do that? Do they want to the US to attack them?
On the other hand, i know the US has wanted to attack them for many years, and the tactics they usually use, as an excuse to go in and drop bombs of "freedom" on men, women and children, are usually false flags... But what do i know...

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: NoFearsEqualsFreeMan

Hi NoFearsEqualsFreeMan... nice handle/nickname by the way.

Oh I agree for sure it makes no bloody sense... war never does make sense, or the lead up to wars.

Here is a crazy one for you....

Maybe it is done on purpose to get USA to attack Iran, so that Russia can come to Irans aid, on its side of the conflict, then maybe China join in too?

USA gets its bum kicked to high heavens.. New World Order rolls in like a welcome "saviour"? OK, WAY out there, but for that New World Order conspiracy "theory" to happen; then the USA must become severely diminished.

I don't know whats gonna happen with this one, it is still a wild card type thing.

I still am thinking the warhawks won't let a perfect opportunity pass to inflict some cruise bruise on Iran.

Pravdaseeker

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: AnakinWayneII

Is the video of an Iranian Navy boat removing an unexploded mine not enough for you?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join