It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran responsible for 'blatant assault' on oil tankers in Gulf of Oman, Mike Pompeo says

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

Common sense has to prevail somewhere, there's only a handful of countries that could carry this off, and especially at a time when Shinzo Abe is visiting Iran, it certainly wasn't Iran

This was a message from Iran to Japan showing Abe how Iran can bring them to an economic standpoint if they continue to back the USA.

80% of Japanese oil comes from the Gulf, Iran can literally shut down the Japanese economy if it so chooses and has now shown this to Abe while he's in Tehran

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

Common sense has to prevail somewhere, there's only a handful of countries that could carry this off, and especially at a time when Shinzo Abe is visiting Iran, it certainly wasn't Iran

This was a message from Iran to Japan showing Abe how Iran can bring them to an economic standpoint if they continue to back the USA.

80% of Japanese oil comes from the Gulf, Iran can literally shut down the Japanese economy if it so chooses and has now shown this to Abe while he's in Tehran

Sure it was mate

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I am curious how this all went under the US' nose. Bahrain is the home of NAVECNT and also the US Navy 5th Fleet. Really close to the Gulf of Oman. I am also interested in what the Japananese tanker owner said the attack was from the air and flying objects.

The Japanese owner of the Kokuka Courageous, one of two oil tankers targeted near the Strait of Hormuz, said Friday that sailors on board saw "flying objects" just before it was hit, suggesting the vessel wasn't damaged by mines. That account contradicts what the U.S. military said as it released a video Friday it said shows Iranian forces removing an unexploded limpet mine from one of the two ships that were hit. Company president Yutaka Katada said Friday he believes the flying objects seen by the sailors could have been bullets. He denied any possibility of mines or torpedoes because the damage was above the ship's waterline. He called reports of a mine attack "false." Katada said the crew members also spotted an Iranian naval ship nearby, but didn't specify whether that was before or after the attacks.

ta nker-owner-seems-to-dispute-us-account

Here is a google Earth link of the area. I think it needs to be opened in Chrome:
Persian Gulf and Gulf of Oman

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

CNBC showed the below about Japan and their oil imports.

Japan's Abe heads to Iran with oil and the US on the agenda

Oil makes up 97% of Japan's imports from Iran, according to the Japanese finance ministry. But Iranian crude made up only 4% of Japan's total oil imports last year, dwarfed by imports from Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates and Qatar. Market forecasters expect Japan to fully cease its Iran imports as required by U.S. sanctions.

edit on 14-6-2019 by terrapincb because: changed "was showing" to "showed"

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: terrapincb

Yeah see where you are coming from but at the same time that other oil is still coming through the Gulf and Iran can if it wants bring Japan to its knees. Iran can shut down Japan pure and simple

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
I would have thought the mines were under the water line, not up the side of the ship where they are easily seen. Someone in a boat must come along aide and place them but no one notices.

World terrorism skills are not what they use to be.

It appeared to be theater on someone's part. Seems rather convenient we have grainy video "evidence" for the public to justify whatever is next.

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

So who else could it be if not Iran? Americans got them caught anyway on footage with mine handlers. It's got to be Iran................ Iran attacked an arab airport the other day through one of its foreign legions like it is attacking south Israel through incendury bombs with another one of its foreign legions. They just can't help themselves but attack foreigners through underhand tactics.

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

There are people posting here who are sold with such questionable "evidence". The world will get it's war.

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualarchitect

originally posted by: AnakinWayneII
We cannot just have wild accusations bandied about.

It seems we can, since the Democratic party does that everyday here in the United States.

Haha.. you have a short memory.... you seem to forget the wild accusations thrown around for the previous 8 years. Idiocy is not limited to one party.

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

There are people posting here who are sold with such questionable "evidence". The world will get it's war.

They're the same types who would have been sold on the war without the evidence.

Let's assume the video is real, it still leaves a lot of question. The video would only prove that they removed it, possibly out of fear that they would be blamed, maybe to help, and then finally maybe it was malice... But the video doesn't prove either of those.

Final thought experiment, lets assume it was them... What makes this my country's problem? Why do my resources that my people need going to a region that has wealth and are perfectly capable of reconciling their own concerns?

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 07:51 AM
link   

This could've all been averted and the Middle East could've been a superpower if the silly Islamic shiism never happened.

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 07:53 AM
link   

So who else could it be if not Iran? Americans got them caught anyway on footage with mine handlers. It's got to be Iran................ Iran attacked an arab airport the other day through one of its foreign legions like it is attacking south Israel through incendury bombs with another one of its foreign legions. They just can't help themselves but attack foreigners through underhand tactics.

underhand tactics.

Indeed, false flag attacks are just that.

Must be Iran, I mean it's not like the usual US aggressiveness in their quest for oil in order to make their war machine roll has anything to do with it

Additionally, I'm sure the sailors on the tanker would've spotted ships placing mines on their hull, if indeed that was the case. So, you think the owner of the tanker is lying then?

incendury

And it's "incendiary"

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Final thought experiment, lets assume it was them... What makes this my country's problem? Why do my resources that my people need going to a region that has wealth and are perfectly capable of reconciling their own concerns?

Because American energy companies make huge profits in that area. Another might be the petrodollar. The third is because American leaders believe they run the world. America is still PO'ed that Iran took its country back from US control after we overthrew it. (Which loops back to point 1)

None of this matters. Iran marked for deletion.
edit on 6/14/2019 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gargoyle91
Who was the last president to not be at or go to war with someone ?

Trumps been doing pretty good at staying away from conflict so far ..

Best numbers I have as of beginning of 2018... compares to the number of troops we had in country in December 2016

Kuwait 12,865 16,197 an increase of 3332 troops
Afghanistan 11,136 15,298 an increase of 4162 troops
Iraq 6,812 8,892 an increase of 2080 troops
Syria 278 1,720 an increase of 1442 troops
Saudi Arabia 427 634 an increase of 207 troops
Niger 7 546 an increase of 539 troops
Somalia 138 289 an increase of 151 troops

I would say the facts disagree with you. Source was NPR.
edit on 14-6-2019 by DoubleDNH because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Thans for the spell check, a Scot telling English how to speak the native tongue of England

Anyway I totally get where you are coming from when it comes to falso flags, sure they happen but there is far too much sympathy on this board when it comes to Iran and the underlying current frpom where Tehran comes from is one of confronting western and arabian interests and that is a constantb since the iranians did their revolution. They ate a bad bunch and need sorting out before there can be any peace in the ME. If Iran is eliminated as a state ponsor of terror then a genuine peace can be found in the mE, veverybody is ready for it, take out the iranian meedddling and [peace will prevail

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: r0xor

This could've all been averted and the Middle East could've been a superpower if the silly Islamic shiism never happened.

I said it before and i ''l say it again.................. The whole ME should never have been given indepencene post WW1. Indeed the only way to sort it out is recolonise it and then re-educye the locals. There can be no other way if peace is going to come to that place

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 08:19 AM
link   

The whole ME should never have been given indepencene post WW1.

Or maybe the lines were drawn with either lack of knowledge or spite.

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 08:47 AM
link   

That is often what happens when one group goes to another's group land and tells then how to live.

Then the rule makers are surprised when party balloons and hats are not passed around.

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Know where you'r coming from there....................... The locals are still not ready for indepence being hoest and realistic abot it. Maybe give em another few hindred years and theyrd be rfeady but it was far topo sown to expect the natives to govern themselves when they had not know indepence for thousand sof years. Dismantling the Turkish Empire eas one very big mistake it was all too soon for tye locals to deal with but Britain and France just wanted all the real estate. Only full colonosation can bring back sanity to the region but who's gonna take the hit on resoirces and manpower? Maybe let the turks do it and let them get it on soon/

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Thans for the spell check, a Scot telling English how to speak the native tongue of England

Anyway I totally get where you are coming from when it comes to falso flags, sure they happen but there is far too much sympathy on this board when it comes to Iran and the underlying current frpom where Tehran comes from is one of confronting western and arabian interests and that is a constantb since the iranians did their revolution. They ate a bad bunch and need sorting out before there can be any peace in the ME. If Iran is eliminated as a state ponsor of terror then a genuine peace can be found in the mE, veverybody is ready for it, take out the iranian meedddling and [peace will prevail

Learning is easy and not about nationality

And if you look through history, you'll probably notice how the US has constantly been involved in tampering with the Iranian government (specifically see 1953), and that is fact. Considering that and the constant US threats of late, Iran has every right to stand up to it

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join