It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SUPREME COURT Justices reject challenge to 'In God We Trust' on U.S. money

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 08:59 PM
link   
If and when America finishes turning their collective backs on God it is then that they shall fall as a nation...
Your Constitution and the Declaration of Independence both bear witness to the founding principles of your nation...
You guys may as well burn them both and get it over with... You are doing your best to destroy everything that was gifted to you through great effort and sacrifice...
Other than that I’m sure your forefathers are rather embarrassed...
edit on 10-6-2019 by 5StarOracle because: Word

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: 5StarOracle
If and when America finishes turning their collective backs on God it is then that they shall fall as a nation...
Your Constitution and the Declaration of Independence both bear witness to the founding principals of your nation...

You do know there is no mention of God in the Constitution, right?

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Did you see me say it does?
Just examples of what’s being robbed from under your noses...
What’s worse is how you guys are ok with it...
Principles does not mean God you do realize that right?
I meant what I said about God and everything else though...

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Your Constitution and the Declaration of Independence both bear witness to the founding principals of your nation...

You do know there is no mention of God in the Constitution, right?

But it was so in the declaration of independence;
In the first sentence of such.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I can see a person having a right not to personally pledge allegance to a flag.....some religious people say they will not do that but they are not trying to force their beliefs on others usually. In god we trust does not have to be taken off the money, if this guy does not want it on his money, just move to another country and shut up. I do not give a damn what it says on our money, it is just money, something to define value of trade. If this guy is so intent on changing all our money, make him pay for the whole project. Every last cent it costs. If he fails to pay, start cutting off fingers like a loan shark would do.

Boy, I am kind of impatient tonight, down right ornery.
I love it.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 06:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: theatreboy
Belief in no God is still faith.

And to be honest...separation of church and state was meant to keep government out of religion, not religion out of government.

Where is this mythical "Separation of Church and State" that all folks state proudly as being part of the US Constitution" ?

Denying Ignorance
Why ?
Folks should really stop reading stuff in the Constitution that doesn't exist except in their own heads.

As you state, and good for you for knowing....it is not in the constitution. But for some reason it is a judicial standard now.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Did you see me say it does?

Then maybe you were being intentionally obtuse because you mentioned God in the next sentence.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 06:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

Those two documents served two entirely different purposes which, if you're an American, I shouldn't have to explain the differences between them.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Duderino

You are correct in your response so I sense that you feel that the article is FAKE news? Wow I hope it isn't. So if you don't believe the MSM media that published the story in my original link, why don't you pick up the phone and call the reporter who wrote it. Or better yet email them. Then you can actually sue them if they lied. Also you may end up owning the newspaper!! The would be a big step up from the bowling alley and I love to bowl! Hell you can even call the Supreme Court as I am sure they have a media contact. Because if the story is fake and you solve it we could nominate you for a Pulitzer Prize and you would become famous and potentially rich. Now I set the pins up so get out there and make history with a 300 game!

Here's the Supreme Court Media Contact link. Now go out there and fill out that form and show that turd of a reporter whose the boss! You betcha!!

www.supremecourt.gov...

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Those two documents served two entirely different purposes which, if you're an American, I shouldn't have to explain the differences between them.

No explanation is needed.
The reference stated is in the doi.

I must have missed the "purpose" discussion.
The doi came first.
So the entwinement with govt was established in the very beginning.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

And the fact that it was intentionally left out of the Constitution? There are plenty of writings from Madison et al on this point.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Lol
Which was first?
First doc
First sentence
Number one in the bill of rights

You may allege its not there all you like.
It is
It continues

When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

First sentence.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Lol
Which was first?

We all know which one was first but the document that codifies our laws and is still used to this day is the Constitution. The Declaration of Independence was drafted for a single use.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 02:56 PM
link   

And the doi set the stage for what was to come.
Also we have the 1st amendment.

Your "single use" verbiage is hilarious.

Nice try bro
Both were sited by the poster for discussion.
Too bad one doesn't agree with your analysis.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Your "single use" verbiage is hilarious.

I guess you can find us where it's been used since then, maybe a Supreme Court case where they site the document or another instance it's used to establish legal precedent.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Yeah
Its only the founding document for our nation..

Thsts all..

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 03:20 PM
link   

I actually mentioned God first...

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Yeah
Its only the founding document for our nation..

Thsts all..

No, that would be the Constitution, the Declaration merely stated the 13 colonies were no longer part of England, they did not have a permanent government until they ratified the Constitution.

The Constitution, originally comprising seven articles, delineates the national frame of government.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 03:30 PM
link   

I actually mentioned God first...

And then tied God to the documents in your next line.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Hahaha
Watching you poo poo the doi to show your "right" is amusing!
They couldn't have their own government as a part of another.
So it is our founding document.
You are a laff riot today.

www.archives.gov...
These three documents, known collectively as the Charters of Freedom, have secured the rights of the American people for more than two and a quarter centuries and are considered instrumental to the founding and philosophy of the United States.

The FIRST of which has GOD in its first sentence.

Try harder brah

edit on 11/6/2019 by shooterbrody because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join