It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SUPREME COURT Justices reject challenge to 'In God We Trust' on U.S. money

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
I think Congress still removed the words "so help me God" from swearing in ceremonies this year, without any challenges.

Confirmed. It's a Democrat initiative.

mobile.twitter.com...

Of course it's a Democrat initiative. It's the very basis of liberalism. Say what you will about Ted Kaczynski, but he really knew the inherent truth about liberalism, as per his excerpt below. Absolutely nails it...

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
Look around the country and honestly tell me, do you see unity?

Out in the real world, and certainly in relation this political puss-infected website, it isn't nearly as bad as people make it out to be.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: carewemust

Of course, it is. They're the ones out there booing God at their conventions.

Democrats as a whole are paying every day the price for removing God from their lives.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I prefer the original motto, E Pluribus Unum, over the ones those mackerel-snappers the Knights of Columbus lobbied to have replace it due to fears of the godless commies in the 1950's. 'From many; one' is much more emblematic of who we are as a country.

"E Unum, Pluribus" would seem more appropos for today's USA.

Don't you mean:
"mihi opus est locus tutum"

It would seem more appropriate.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Well, obviously... you can't exactly peg the value of a test to the performance on said test by retards. I highly doubt a mentally retarded legal immigrant could pass the exam, either, nor would it be likely for the citizenship board to expect them to.

Retard was a euphemism for your average citizen mouth breather who couldn't pass a civics test if their next package of Hot Pockets depended on it.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Look around the country and honestly tell me, do you see unity?

Out in the real world, and certainly in relation this political puss-infected website, it isn't nearly as bad as people make it out to be.

I agree, but we're a far cry from unity. This is a fractured nation, more fractured than it's ever been in my lifetime... and it doesn't look like it's coming together anytime soon.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

Latin is a language, dead as dead can be...
It killed the ancient Romans, and now it's killing me.

Was "I need a safe place" what you were trying to convey?

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 06:56 PM
link   

This is a fractured nation, more fractured than it's ever been in my lifetime... and it doesn't look like it's coming together anytime soon.

It's been politically divided since day one, it's just whether people want to focus on that above all else. I have friends from all over the political spectrum, I don't think of Vic as 'my RWNJ buddy' or Abby as 'the commie pinko', Vic is the dude who makes awesome beef jerky and Abby likes the same Belgian beer that I do. I don't care about their politics nor do I let it define them.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Fear ain't got jacksnip to do with it.

It's stating a fact.

Multiculturalism is why E. Pluribus Unum doesn't work.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 07:00 PM
link   

a reply to: Guyfriday

Latin is a language, dead as dead can be...
It killed the ancient Romans, and now it's killing me.

Was "I need a safe place" what you were trying to convey?

My Latin must be worse then I figured, but yep. It seems more suited for the current gaggle of protesters of the week.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

It will never work for xenophobes, that's why they get a nifty word to describe them. The good thing is they can just hide out in their Unabomber cabins and wait for the invasion while the rest of us get on with enjoying our lives.

edit on 10-6-2019 by AugustusMasonicus because: I ♥ cheese pizza

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 07:05 PM
link   

I prefer the original motto, E Pluribus Unum, over the ones those mackerel-snappers the Knights of Columbus lobbied to have replace it due to fears of the godless commies in the 1950's. 'From many; one' is much more emblematic of who we are as a country.

I see what you did there. Thumbus uppitus.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 07:06 PM
link   

a reply to: neo96

It will never work for xenophobes, that's why they get a nifty word to describe them. The good thing is they can just hide out in their Unabomber cabins and wait for the invasion while the rest of us get on with enjoying our lives.

Really love histronics don't you?

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Really love histronics don't you?

What are you worried about? It's not like you dislike immigrants or something.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 07:14 PM
link   

This is a fractured nation, more fractured than it's ever been in my lifetime... and it doesn't look like it's coming together anytime soon.

It's been politically divided since day one, it's just whether people want to focus on that above all else. I have friends from all over the political spectrum, I don't think of Vic as 'my RWNJ buddy' or Abby as 'the commie pinko', Vic is the dude who makes awesome beef jerky and Abby likes the same Belgian beer that I do. I don't care about their politics nor do I let it define them.

Look beyond personal anecdotes. I'm willing to bet your circle of friends are in a similar class and environment as you are. That's actually a much larger divider than politics, but politics has latched onto it and comes along for the ride in too many cases. Rural vs urban... poor vs middle class vs wealthy... rural poor vs urban poor... it's a cultural divide that has grown nearly too vast to bridge and a class divide alongside it, not something as simple and mundane as "Oh, he's just talking politics." Politics come from somewhere. They are usually a manifestation of one's morals, their history, and their core beliefs... when the politics are that dissimilar, you can bet that one or more (morals, history, beliefs) are even more divided from another's. That chasm isn't getting smaller and it does nothing to lessen the chasm to say something as simplistic as "oh, you're just talking politics."

Obviously, you take a group of seemingly "diverse" people from a similar background, similar economic class, similar neighborhood and put them together and they will find grounds to stand on in friendship. Take a dude who grew up in the dust pan of rural Texas with both parents working their asses off and still not reaching beyond functional poverty and stick him in a room with some urban kid from NYC who grew up in a broken home on welfare and the differences aren't just political, but they will struggle to find relateable experiences and anything to find common ground over.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 07:18 PM
link   

I'm willing to bet your circle of friends are in a similar class and environment as you are.

Are we talking socio-economic? If that's the case they run the spectrum of wounded vets on disability and single moms on assistance to hedge fund managers. Some live in the sticks, others live in the city. Some voted for Trump, some Hillary, others didn't vote for either.

Most of us will be at a party this Saturday where we get together and have fun, not s*** talk about politics with each other.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: theatreboy
Belief in no God is still faith.

And to be honest...separation of church and state was meant to keep government out of religion, not religion out of government.

Where is this mythical "Separation of Church and State" that all folks state proudly as being part of the US Constitution" ?

Denying Ignorance
Why ?
Folks should really stop reading stuff in the Constitution that doesn't exist except in their own heads.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Hic est Deus tuus

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom

Hic est Deus tuus

Does anyone know the Latin translation of "Orange Man Bad"? Asking for a friend...

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Rewey

Aurantium homo malus.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join