It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SUPREME COURT Justices reject challenge to 'In God We Trust' on U.S. money

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

Watching you poo poo the doi to show your "right" is amusing!

Not sure where you're getting that from, I'm pointing out it was crafted for a sole purpose, used for that and not anything else since then.

They couldn't have their own government as a part of another.

And there wasn't a government of the United States until the Constitution was ratified.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
www.archives.gov...
These three documents, known collectively as the Charters of Freedom, have secured the rights of the American people for more than two and a quarter centuries and are considered instrumental to the founding and philosophy of the United States.

The FIRST of which has GOD in its first sentence

The national archives opinion differs from yours.

edit on 11/6/2019 by shooterbrody because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Where am I disputing that the Declaration was not instrumental? It made official our break with Britain, it did not however create any laws or produce any legal precedent which were used in the future. If it did you would have posted something by now.

And again, if the Founders wanted to mention God in the Constitution do you think they would have done so? Do you wonder why they didn't?

edit on 11-6-2019 by AugustusMasonicus because: network dude has no beer because Heels took it

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Naw it just created a nation....
Just that
Single use and all......

Lol
The national archived say differently.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Your Constitution and the Declaration of Independence both bear witness to the founding principles of your nation...

This was the statement made by the poster.
God is in the first sentence of the founding document of our nation.
The first amendment protects religion from our government.
Those were founding principles.

To suggest otherwise so you can be "right" folly.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Naw it just created a nation....

It didn't create any nation, the United States wasn't a full fledged country until the 13 colonies ratified the Constitution.

The Articles of Confederation did not have any mechanism for the colonies to negotiate with foreign powers or have a unified court system among other serious deficiencies. It stated that they would break form England and should be free and independent but did not estasblish them as a unified nation:

The Declaration announced that the Thirteen Colonies at war with the Kingdom of Great Britain would regard themselves as thirteen independent sovereign states, no longer under British rule.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 03:56 PM
link   

God is in the first sentence of the founding document of our nation.

What nation was formed by that document? How was its scope codified?

edit on 11-6-2019 by AugustusMasonicus because: network dude has no beer because Heels took it

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

thank God I only know what half of what you said means. See what I did there ?

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: theatreboy
Belief in no God is still faith.

And to be honest...separation of church and state was meant to keep government out of religion, not religion out of government.

Where is this mythical "Separation of Church and State" that all folks state proudly as being part of the US Constitution" ?

Denying Ignorance
Why ?
Folks should really stop reading stuff in the Constitution that doesn't exist except in their own heads.

From court cases won.

Setting a legal precedence.

But, no - it does not come directly from the Constitution.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 04:05 PM
link   

First line in the doi

The unanimous Declaration of the thirteen united States of America

What exactly are the thirteen United states of America if not a nation?

socratic.org...

The Declaration of Independence justified secession from the British Empire to defend the principles of "Life, Liberty and pursuit of happiness" and rebellion was clearly vindicated.

The declaration of independence declared that the American colonists had the right to establish their own form of government independent from England, and that this right came from God and was a natural right of all people.

You are simply wrong this time.
Odd, I know, but it happens.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 04:13 PM
link   

What exactly are the thirteen United states of America if not a nation?

You tell me since they weren't a nation. Who was its elected leader? What were it's laws? What was it's capital?

The United States, as a full fledged nation, didn't exist until 1789.

I'm glad you quoted this part:

The declaration of independence declared that the American colonists had the right to establish their own form of government independent from England...

When was the form of that governemnt officially enacted?

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 04:28 PM
link   

The United States, as a full fledged nation, didn't exist until 1789.

Oh really....
Who fought the brits?
Who did the brits surrender and sue for peace with?

Lol
Play your semantic word game all you like.
You are wrong.

From wiki:
The Treaty of Paris, signed in Paris by representatives of King George III of Great Britain and representatives of the United States of America on September 3, 1783, ended the American Revolutionary War.

So then the king of England recognized the nation?
After the doi
And after we beat his ass?

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 04:32 PM
link   
There have been continuous, ongoing, challenges/lawsuits against both "Under God" in our pledge (this was purely political) and "In God We Trust" on our paper currency even before it was signed into law.

This is nothing new. I expect someday our paper currency will become secular again.

Coins have a different history: www.treasury.gov...

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

And to be honest...separation of church and state was meant to keep government out of religion, not religion out of government.

Where is this mythical "Separation of Church and State" that all folks state proudly as being part of the US Constitution" ?

Denying Ignorance
Why ?
Folks should really stop reading stuff in the Constitution that doesn't exist except in their own heads.

From court cases won.

From court cases won.

See , there is the problem
The Freedom of Religion is in the Constitution
1st Amendment
Something proglibs cannot understand and are trying desperately to eliminate.
They absolutely hate the Constitution , morality , and this country

edit on 6/11/19 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Who did the brits surrender and sue for peace with?

Lol
Play your semantic word game all you like.
You are wrong.

From wiki:
The Treaty of Paris, signed in Paris by representatives of King George III of Great Britain and representatives of the United States of America on September 3, 1783, ended the American Revolutionary War.

So then the king of England recognized the nation?
After the doi
And after we beat his ass?

Did you actually read the treaty? No?

Britain acknowledges the United States (New Hampshire, Massachusetts Bay, Rhode Island and Providence Plantations, Connecticut, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina and Georgia[15]) to be free, sovereign, and independent states, and that the British Crown and all heirs and successors relinquish claims to the Government, property, and territorial rights of the same, and every part thereof

They are free and independent states as a unified federal government would not be formed for another six years.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Yep
After the doi
After the war

What part of the "united states" do you not get?

The king of england acknowledged it, funny you will not.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Why don't they just Change it to " In Satan We Trust " Instead . I Mean , Government is Truly Evil , No ?......)

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Denying Ignorance
Why ?

From court cases won.

From court cases won.

See , there is the problem
The Freedom of Religion is in the Constitution
1st Amendment
Something proglibs cannot understand and are trying desperately to eliminate.
They absolutely hate the Constitution , morality , and this country

Freedom of religion is also freedom from religion.

They zero each other out. I understand it perfectly.

The Constitution is a framework - - if it was "black and white" - - there would be no need for Constisutional Lawyers.

Through our legal justice system - - separation of church and state has been clearly established.

We are a secular government. It is flat out wrong for "In God We Trust" to have been declared a national motto.

It definitely does not belong on our government legal tender.

However, so much crap is going on right now - - it's not a pressing issue at this time.

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Well Annee thank you for coming to my Thread. I am not here to critz but there is separation between church and state here. The Federal Reserve of the United States is not owned by the United States and they print the money. That's kind of how it works throughout the word and the banks are referred to as the Central Banks.

Even the Supreme Court didnt want to touch it and actually the guy who filed the lawsuit may actually wanted to try to expose the Federal Reserve for what it is. Ever wonder why Trump bashes it?

www.stlouisfed.org...

It also gets deeper than that and it leads to the Rothschild's and other stuff but I wont go there. All I know as a fact is that I was taught about this in Graduate school for my MBA back in 2000. Several professors were all in the classroom and began talking as a discussion about the Federal Reserve and Central Banks. Now these fine highly educated and unionized University Professors simply said that no one really knows who owns the Central Banks so they just stopped there.

So off topic but why does the USA hate Putin? Well he paid the Soviet Unions Central Bank debt several years ago and threw them out of Russia. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
edit on 12-6-2019 by Waterglass because: added

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 07:05 AM
link   

The king of england acknowledged it, funny you will not.

George III acknowledged they were free to form their own country which took place when the Constitution was ratified. Funny you should mention him since England didn't recognize the United States as sovereign until then.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join