It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Any ATS Member - Or Anyone You Know - Vote For Trump Due To Russian Influence.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

This is how Russia influenced the election; from a joint study on the subject regarding the 2016 election by Princeton University and Dartmouth College:

Specifically, we find that approximately one in four Americans visited a fake news website, but that consumption was disproportionately observed among Trump supporters for whom its largely pro-Trump content was attitude-consistent. However, this pattern of selective exposure was heavily concentrated among a small subset of people — almost six in ten visits to fake news websites came from the 10% of Americans with the most conservative information diets. Finally, we specifically identify Facebook as the most important mechanism facilitating the spread of fake news and show that fact-checking largely failed to e↵ectively reach consumers of fake news.

www.dartmouth.edu...

It would seem that "a small subset of mostly conservative information seekers" where influenced into voting for the person they would have voted for anyway regardless of Russian interference.

I hope Donna Brazile accepts this scientific study on the subject; because science.

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: danbuter
I'd say the blatant censorship of conservatives on social media sites had more of an effect on the election than anything the Russians did.

There was a guy named "James Wood". Twitter got rid of him! He must have been spot-on in his assessments.

James woods probably has the highest iq in hollyweird. He shoots straight and twitter just can't handle the truth.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

I'd say the blatant censorship of conservatives on social media sites had more of an effect on the election than anything the Russians did.

There was a guy named "James Wood". Twitter got rid of him! He must have been spot-on in his assessments.

James woods probably has the highest iq in hollyweird. He shoots straight and twitter just can't handle the truth.

Cheers - Dave

James is, unfortunately, a brilliant insane mind stuck in the sea of degenerate insanity that is hollywood.

I love him, I could totally see him procuring a nuke from some middle eastern country and wiping out hollywood, in the process becoming a folk hero for generations to come. People will worship at the alter of Max Renn. Long live the new flesh.....

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Can anybody post the most influential Russian ad/topic/post ? 😎

Then somebody needs to do a Twitter survey !!!!

This is the only way to clear this up 😎

Here are the Russian Facebook Ads from 2016.

Source: www.nytimes.com...

Which one do you think would steer the most people from Hillary and towards Trump?

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

Taking a look at the methods:

Data for the analyses below combine responses to an online public opinion survey from a national sample of 2,525 Americans with web traffic data collected passively from their computers with their consent during the October 7–November 14, 2016 period.

These are the sites they included in their study:

Looks like there might have been a bit of oversampling in their data collection.

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Those networks think their viewers are stupid. They distort, lie, omit...and then act indignant when President Trump labels them properly as FAKE news networks.

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jason79
If anyone "put" Trump in office it was the media. They were claiming for months that Hillary had an 85 to 95 percent chance of winning and only adjusted the percents down at the end to "turn out the vote".

CNN President Jeff Zucker said his biggest regret was carrying Trump rallies in 2015/2016. (Back then, CNN had a decent U.S. market-share.)

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

You are a balanced, "thinking" voter. The kind Democrats hate.

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Absolutely no! Just look at HC's track record- abysmal and criminal.

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 09:54 PM
link   

a reply to: Lumenari

My state (Illinois) went 78% for Hillary. The Russian trolls didn't hurt her here. I knew my vote for Trump was meaningless, but it felt damn good casting it!

The morning after the election I grabbed breakfast in my uber-liberal metro-Chicago town. I could barely stop myself from laughing at some of the people in there sulking about Trump winning.

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I voted Libertarian , For Gary Johnson.

Now, if Russians were offering free Vodka, I would happy excepted and still vote the way I did.

What a bunch of fools thinking votes could be bought.

Oh, wait , lets bring in illegals and let convicts vote too !

The Dems are desperate.

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

Cheers - Dave

James is, unfortunately, a brilliant insane mind stuck in the sea of degenerate insanity that is hollywood.

I love him, I could totally see him procuring a nuke from some middle eastern country and wiping out hollywood, in the process becoming a folk hero for generations to come. People will worship at the alter of Max Renn. Long live the new flesh.....

He's a very intelligent guy, existing in an ocean of sh!t. Death to videodrome, long live the new flesh.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Hillary Clinton's smug, superior attitude during the debates is why she lost my vote. (And yeah, I tend to vote left...)

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Nope. I voted for Trump because Hillary is an evil psychopath who should have been put in jail decades ago. Trump certainly isn't perfect, but he's way better than her.

How did you come to the conclusion that she was an evil psychopath?

Who told you and how?

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Who was censored and how do you know?

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Only if the Russians controlled Trump's campaign speech in Michigan. That really nailed it for me.

Seriously though.... Russians did not influence me.
I would never have voted for Hillary though....
edit on 4-6-2019 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Nobody was influenced by ze Russians.

NOBODY

To even suggest the possibility is just pathetic whining by sore losers.

In 2020 what will the excuse be?? “Oh we only lost (by the biggest margin in United States history) because teenagers were using twitter to post memes about Biden being a pedophile”

Or something just as stupid.

The 2016 election was not ‘influenced’ in any way shape or form by ‘Russians’

Like I said, the ONLY people thick enough or weak enough to be influenced by Facebook, voted for Hillary Clinton

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom

It's true.

At least four White Russians had influenced me heavily the day I voted. I mean, I was under the influence.

I demand mandatory breath-a-lyzers at every polling station station. No more boozing at the ballot box!

Uhhhh.... "disembodied spirit".....that's when you throw up vodka, straight up vertical out of your body, the too much vodka you had and try to catch it in your mouth again on the vodka's way back down, right ?????
edit on 4-6-2019 by M5xaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Leftists don’t vote on policy so they don’t understand how Trump’s policies are the reason he got votes.
They also don’t understand how clintons policies are the reason she did NOT get votes.

And as we can ALL see today, ‘policy’ is 100% absent from any and all democrat talking points and platforms. It’s NOTHING but “reeeeeeee” and “impeach” and “you’re a racist if you disagree”

Still, voters who vote ‘right’, vote on ‘policy’. A concept that’s very foreign to leftists

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Nope. I voted for Trump because Hillary is an evil psychopath who should have been put in jail decades ago. Trump certainly isn't perfect, but he's way better than her.

How did you come to the conclusion that she was an evil psychopath?

Who told you and how?

I don't know.

Maybe it's me but when someone leaves Americans to die in Benghazi, while they are in a firefight, and you ignore their radio calls for help, FOR SEVEN HOURS UNTIL THEY DIE, just so that that someone can protect their illegal and TREASONOUS gun supply operation to Jihadist enemies of the United States, where she stole guns from dead Gaddhaffi's arsenal in Libya and shipped them to ISIS in Syria.
That someone, Hillary, is a psychopath.

I think.

Probably.

Not obvious enough ?

Naw. Can't be. Hillary is all things nice and rainbows and unicorns. Right ?
Lemme help:

Clear enough now!
It's way past time Hillary be tried and gets "the chair" !

No not the Presidential chair.

The other one.

With wires.

And a 10kVA switch.....

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join