It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elizabeth Warren rejects Fox News town hall invite, slams network's 'hate-for-profit' model

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Elizabeth Warren rejects Fox News town hall invite, slams network's 'hate-for-profit' model

Sen. Elizabeth Warren announced Tuesday morning that she is rejecting an invitation from Fox News to participate in a town hall with the network, slamming the outlet as a "hate-for-profit racket that gives a megaphone to racists and conspiracists."

In a series of tweets, the Massachusetts Democrat said that what she sees as Fox News' "hate-for-profit" model means that the network "balances a mix of bigotry, racism, and outright lies with enough legit journalism to make the claim to advertisers that it's a reputable news outlet. It's all about dragging in ad money -- big ad money."

I believe the Senator's description of Fox News would be at least equably applied to CNN, MSNBC and any number of other MSM outlets.

Since the onset of the 24 hour news cycle, our "news" products have become "entertainment" products with everything else that brings with it. No longer are these outlets concerned with the who, what, where, why and how, but more interested in generating money through advertising. To get this advertising, they need ratings. To generate their ratings they create "news" by creating false controversies or by "making a mountain out of a mole hill" with many issues by riling people up over something that, in actuality, doesn't really matter.

Controversy gets people invested in the story. People want "their side" to win, whatever that means. The modern world of "I'm right and you are evil because you don't believe as I do" has played right into the MSM hands for generating ratings by enticing people to tune in to see how "their side" is winning whatever the current argument is being splash across our screens.

I think the Senator is a coward for not wanting to appear on Fox News. I think any politician should appear before any major news outlet. If they believe they will be treated unfairly, they can use that opportunity to show the world how they were treated unfairly. They should start proving their points instead of just claiming things with no proof to back it up.

I'll get off my incoherent soap box now...discuss

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: BomSquad

CNN and MSNBC are two of the biggest purveyors of hate there are, but they are on her side so ...

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 11:29 AM
link   

If I were her I wouldn't go on there either. Just like if I were a Republican I wouldn't go on, say, MSNBC. It's all just bias confirmation for their target audiences.

edit on 14-5-2019 by AugustusMasonicus because: network dude has no beer

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Calling any news network out for hate-for-profit is pretty ridiculous in this current climate.

Fox is actually the most fair and reliable in my opinion. I may not agree 100% of the time, but it's still the only network that doesn't make me want to vomit to death.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Jefferton

The Progressives call Trump saying less than that as being hate filled anti free speech. I will await CNN and MSNBC to denounce Warren in 3... 2... 1...

(spoiler, they didn't)
edit on 14-5-2019 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Pot meet kettle.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 11:40 AM
link   

MEH

She doesn't have a snowballs chance in hell of winning the nomination anyway.

If she were to accept, Brett might ask her specific questions, that she can't answer.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Here we go. Leftists are ruining another word that has well established meaning.

"Hate" is now akin to "racist": a hollow word thrown around by small minded people when their vocabulary isn't up to the job.
edit on 5/14/2019 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

If I were her I wouldn't go on their either. Just like if I were a Republican I wouldn't go on, say, MSNBC. It's all just bias confirmation for their target audiences.

Why not? It is fairly easy to argue against liberals assuming they don't try any chicanery like cutting your mic off, etc.

I always find it funny that on youtube, you have speakers like Dinesh D'Souza, Ben Shapiro, Milo, Ann Coulter, etc... who all literally go into the snakes den at Universities to debate leftist. They literally ask for people to come up who disagree and ask questions. You hardly ever see a leftist do something like that unless it is a tightly controlled environment.

Warren doesn't want to go because she doesn't want hard questions.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 11:41 AM
link   

edit on 14/5/2019 by vinifalou because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Well they do chicanery. When Romney debated Obama the moderator sided with Obama despite later saying he knew Romney was right, but he couldn't help himself.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
Why not? It is fairly easy to argue against liberals assuming they don't try any chicanery like cutting your mic off, etc.

As I said, FOX, CNN, et al are just bias confirmation vehicles for their target audiences.

You're going on to try and make a point to people who have their heads shoved so far up their own asses they probably eat their lunch twice.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton
Calling any news network out for hate-for-profit is pretty ridiculous in this current climate.

Fox is actually the most fair and reliable in my opinion. I may not agree 100% of the time, but it's still the only network that doesn't make me want to vomit to death.

I guess you haven't watched that maroon on between 3:00 and 4:00 pm.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 11:56 AM
link   

As I said, FOX, CNN, et al are just bias confirmation vehicles for their target audiences.

You're going on to try and make a point to people who have their heads shoved so far up their own asses they probably eat their lunch twice.

Maybe, but I believe you should be able to defend a position even in hostile territory. Conservative pundits go on liberal campuses all the time and defend themselves with facts and logic. I don't know why we can't expect politicians to do the same thing.

It just comes off as cowardice to me to avoid Fox. We know MSNBC, etc rarely will bring on sharp conservatives.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Maybe, but I believe you should be able to defend a position even in hostile territory.

Again, it isn't the territory, it's the retards the territory broadcasts to.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Says the # that incessantly HATES on rich people,bankers,corporations,gun owners.

To PROFIT from. In cash and votes.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Maybe, but I believe you should be able to defend a position even in hostile territory.

Again, it isn't the territory, it's the retards the territory broadcasts to.

So all conservatives are "retards" (horrible term to use, by the way)?

It's not like there are any other outlets for anyone that is not hard left.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mach2
So all conservatives are "retards" (horrible term to use, by the way)?

All people who watch FOX, CNN, et al, for 'news' and expecting it to be unbiased are most certainly mentally retarded.

When you click on one of those channels you already have your mind made up what the truth is, you just want them to confirm it for you further.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Not true, at all. You have a dim view of ppls intelligence, I guess.

Maybe you should find different ppl to hang with.

Way to back away from your original statement.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mach2
Not true, at all.

Totally true.

You have a dim view of ppls intelligence, I guess.

Mostly because they prove it over and over on a daily basis.

Way to back away from your original statement.

My original statement still stands and your reaction proves my point.

You sad that I think FOX is bull****? That hurt your feelz? All those new stations are whoring for dollars by selling you what you want to believe. Deal with it.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join