It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elizabeth Warren rejects Fox News town hall invite, slams network's 'hate-for-profit' model

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Mach2

He isn't the only one.

People are stupid. And when they aren't, they choose to be anyway so they can participate in the greater social stupidity that they find validation within.

Never underestimate the stupidity of the people who share this world with you. Statistics proves this out....half the population are idiots, with the majority of the non-idiot half being far less than "intelligent".

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mach2

originally posted by: Jefferton
Calling any news network out for hate-for-profit is pretty ridiculous in this current climate.

Fox is actually the most fair and reliable in my opinion. I may not agree 100% of the time, but it's still the only network that doesn't make me want to vomit to death.

I guess you haven't watched that maroon on between 3:00 and 4:00 pm.

Smith is one of the reasons that the phrase "fair and balanced" isn't completely laughable.

If people insist on their daily dose of confirmation bias, I think it's okay to slip them another pill to offset the side effects.

That said, corporate news doesn't care about giving you the truth, they care about getting your cable box on their channel so they can rake in advertising money.

Fox is no better than CNN or MSNBC.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
Smith is one of the reasons that the phrase "fair and balanced" isn't completely laughable.

Nope, he has to go. FOX needs to be 100% Christians are under assault all day, every day, otherwise they aren't right-leaning enough.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

When the news ceased to be a public service for the privilege of having a broadcast license we lost any objectivity, or dare I say, reality, in our news.

When the news is done for profit, we lost our facts for feelz.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
Nothing anyone says on an internet forum could possibly hurt my feelings.

Project much?

Some shows on Fox are over the top IMO.

Others lean right, but that is their target audience.

It is first, and foremost, a business. Most ppl I know realize this, and are able to separate the wheat from the chaff.

Like I said, maybe you need different folks to interact with, if the ones you know are mostly morons (your description, not mine).

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 12:24 PM
link   

...but that is their target audience.

I just said that. And what does a person on the right want to her? Their 'news' with a right spin.

It is first, and foremost, a business. Most ppl I know realize this...

People like you who find Smith to not be righty enough? Kinda proves my point, he's cutting into your 24 hour cycle of bias confirmation since he isn't towing the line you want.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

You are making assumptions.

He's not my "cup of tea", but I don't care that he's on.

I'm a believer in freedom of speech, and balanced presentation of the news media.

Is he left of me? Yes, but Hannity, and Tucker are right of me, particularly in their rhetoric, and day after day harping on the same crap, even when I happen to agree with them on many things, such as the aforementioned 1st amendment, as well as the second, and the Constitution, in general.

You know it is possible to have an exchange of ideas, without it degenerating into petty bickering.

Then again maybe you don't.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: BomSquad
a reply to: CriticalStinker

When the news ceased to be a public service for the privilege of having a broadcast license we lost any objectivity, or dare I say, reality, in our news.

When the news is done for profit, we lost our facts for feelz.

Well said.

Thankfully the internet has created a low overhead avenue for real journalistic outlets to find space in the void. At the end of the day, many will still have a bias or lean, but to an idea more than a party.

For me bias isn't as bad as bad journalistic practices, dishonesty, and hiding stories that could hurt their advertisers.

The cable networks are nothing more than aggregate mouthpieces. Calling them journalists is like saying news.google.com is journalism, it's an aggregate outlet.

The most they do for a story is send a reporter to stay at a hotel with a balcony overlooking an area while they read AP talking points.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 12:35 PM
link   

...and balanced presentation of the news media.

Yet you watch FOX for 'news'. I'm not sure if you realize how comical you come across.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Mach2

Its a simple fact that, statistically speaking, half the population is dumber than the other half. If you are not encountering morons, then either you are on the lower end of that scale, or you happen to live amongst a bunch of relatively average people.

But pointing out that your personal experience runs counter to statistical evidence is a strange way to pose an argument. its like punching yourself in the face to win a fight against someone else.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Nope, he has to go. FOX needs to be 100% Christians are under assault all day, every day, otherwise they aren't right-leaning enough.

Luckily they have their pit bull Tucker who has skirmishes with injured animals so that we can get some good gotchya moments.

I love how he stares through his guests souls with either a confused face or "I smell poop"... Maybe it's confusion about smelling poop.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: BomSquad

Allow mw to translate, I have a gewgle translation app for hypocritical old women. . . .

Elizabeth Warren: "I don't want to do a Fox Town Hall because they will be mean to me and ask hard questions."

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 12:44 PM
link   

I love how he stares through his guests souls with either a confused face or "I smell poop"... Maybe it's confusion about smelling poop.

I love his hair. I didn't think Moe Howard's barber was still alive.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 12:49 PM
link   
No, elizabeth Warren, Fox is not one of the Democratic MSM networks. She described to a T what the big Democratic MSM networks are doing. I do not understand how someone so stupid could get elected as Senator. Maybe we should require Congressmen and woman to take an IQ test to qualify...Oh yeah, seems in California it has been allowable to change test results as long as you pay for it. They could pay to get adequate results. Congressmen and women should be required to have an IQ of at least a hundred ten to qualify. A quarter of our congressmen probably would not qualify.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   

So Conservative politicians identifying "Fake News" on CNN and MSNBC is a findamental threat to the First Amendment and Freedom of the Press, but rejection of FOX News by a liberal politician is virtue signalling at it's finest... the hypocrisy of the world's Elizabeth Warrens, with their faux native heritages, gaslighting, and incessant virtue signalling is hilarious!

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

She's not the only one who gives access to those who treat her favorably.

Hannity and Trump seem pretty chummy.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 01:01 PM
link   
If your message is so poor that it only resounds within a small subset of your chosen ideology, then it might be time to consider a career change.

Like opening a small kiosk at the local mall where you sell "Angry Lesbian Pottery" or something.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
... "Angry Lesbian Pottery" or something.

I like angry lesbians if they're hot.

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Says the fake Indian who literally appropriated native culture to get ahead.
edit on 14 5 19 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2019 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

So Conservative politicians identifying "Fake News" on CNN and MSNBC is a findamental threat to the First Amendment and Freedom of the Press, but rejection of FOX News by a liberal politician is virtue signalling at it's finest... the hypocrisy of the world's Elizabeth Warrens, with their faux native heritages, gaslighting, and incessant virtue signalling is hilarious!

The press should not be siding with anyone like they have been doing so much more in the last decade or two. They are supposed to include opinions in opinion columns, not promote opinions as facts on the front page or in the news with just minor disclamers saying they are opinions hidden in the text.

If people here started to put dream and predictions threads into threads based on real life, the mods would probably move it. They should have regulations that state clear and proper identification of opinions or theories on MSM should be highlighted so people know they are possibly not real. A lot of evidence can be given to support something not real if it is improperly applied or is out of context.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join