It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Notre Dame on fire in Paris

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: RetsuUnohana

However, When he arrived in France, he found a different story. For the first hour he was there he didn't see a single French person, after being there for a few days he told me that 40% of the population is Arab, 30% is African and the rest are French. In public he hears Arabic being spoken as a second language to French. He said he saw more women in Hijabs in Paris than he did in Turkey.

I was in France in the 70's, 80's and 90's & 2000's. guess what, Arabic people have always been there.
I remember my very first trip to Paris, you know what I remember. Only African people! I'm dead serious!

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Sometimes I just look at my husband with a very serious face and say.... What if its all true?

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Should be thoroughly investigated for terrorist links.

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 03:06 PM
link   
The portions of the roof shown here, spire and transept have been destroyed.

On France24 firefighters are quoted as saying that they may not be able to save the building at all. The cathedral is still burning after three hours.
edit on 15-4-2019 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: RetsuUnohana

Yes, and no. I could see this being Muslim in a way, but at the same time, they're equally likely to make those Cathedrals into mosques as a sign of conquest too.

If this was done on purpose, it's more likely that the stated radical secularists are the ones who did it like all the rest.

Muslims would be perfectly happy to let their eventual opponents fight it out. They're winning through demography.

link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

And like many relics, probably fake. Shroud of Turin for example.

link   
Although I don't practice any religion, it is very sad to see a great monument from the middle ages being destroyed... My hope is that the fire is now under control and the building doesn't collapse.

link   
a reply to: ipsedixit

I heard a report from another source that art & artifacts from inside were saved.
I really hope that is true!

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 03:09 PM
link   
pity for france….
seems the vatican had no money left for an proper sprinkler installation… to prevent cases like this...
shame…!

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Husband heard that Macron's environmental rules have made fighting it harder because some things aren't allowed in the name of preserving air quality.

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Creep Thumper

Fox just interrupted and hung up on a guest who was in the process of listing the churches in Paris that have recently been intentionality vandalized.

I can understand why they killed the interview. Let's just hope it's was not an international act.
edit on 15-4-2019 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

I only know of one anti-christian group that defaces, vandalize and burns churches and it's not feminists or progressives. I am not saying it's radical Muslims, but it's probably radical Muslims.

Many churches have burned in America, most of the cases I've seen weren't radical Muslims.

I'm not saying that Radical Muslims don't do evil things, but some evil things aren't done by them.

That said, this might not have even been an act of evil, but rather an accident.

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Your post made me weep.

Shepard Smith on Fox News is weeping more than anyone.

(post by XAnarchistX removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I guess I'm glad I saw it last June. I didn't take the tour, because who has the time. But there is was, with all the tour groups and pickpockets gathering in the large plaza in front of it. Historic and stuff.

Maybe the old relics burned up, too. But those things have a tendency to be whisked away (probably down into a passage to the sewers) by the priests and others if there is any trouble. But you know about relics. Never authenticated.

link   

originally posted by: ressiv
pity for france….
seems the vatican had no money left for an proper sprinkler installation… to prevent cases like this...
shame…!

If it did have one, they might not have been working because of the renovations. You know ... sometimes stuff has to be turned off and everything.

link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: ipsedixit

I heard a report from another source that art & artifacts from inside were saved.
I really hope that is true!

Couldn't have been much. The place is huge. Building started in the 12th century and wasn't completed for 300 years.

It was loaded with history.

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

I'm no Mormon, but I've been to their compound in Salt Lake and seen it. It's fascinating to see. An appreciation for architecture and what people can build is all it takes.

And someone else already said a lot of stuff had been moved out because of the renovations already.

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Very sad day as a part of history is destroyed... doesn't matter if it was an intentional act or just an accident from the renovations either way something that even the Nazis left alone will never be the same again.

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Nyiah

Why did god wait 800 plus years. The ones who designed and built it are long ago fodder for the crops.

One could also ask why did god wait so long to trash Sodom & Gomorrah? They'd been there a long time, had plenty of their own fodder for the crops, too. And he waited HOW long to scrub that area? Many religious folk arguing the creation in 6 days myth being real postulate that god and humans do not see time remotely similarly. Maybe 800+ years to a deity is no different than a few microseconds is to us.
Would it not be possible that whatever time to a god is viewed as, you're given a certain amount of it to get things right before they get out the proverbial cleaning rags?

As far as current events/modern time is concerned, take your pick. One of the best known symbols of Catholicism outside of the Vatican could represent the church's wealth, crimes, a gesture toward England (check who's coronation was done there) If we're to look closer and keep the ATS conspiracy spirit going, there's PLENTY to present as otherworldly possibilities for omnipotent do-overs.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join