It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Notre Dame on fire in Paris

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Shouldnt the Nostra Dame collapse into its own footprint by now ?

too soon ?

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 03:20 PM
link   
The Trumpster said they should waterbomb it. Just thought I leave that here, to lighten the mood.
So funny "ey it's not entirely destroyed yet, let's make it collapse! 'Murica"

After the roof has burned the fire will simmer down the rest is pretty much solid stone. It's just a shame the glas is gone that was the most beautiful part.
But there will be donations it will be rebuild, nobody was hurt. It's just sensationalism

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Apparently the massive fire that destroyed the Brazilian National Museum, was determined by investigators to have been caused by faulty air conditioning, and then spread throughout the building because fire proofing measures, proper doors, etc. had not been installed for financial reasons.

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: ipsedixit
This is a very serious fire. The entire roof level seems to be burned out at this point. There would undoubtedly be valuables stored in the attic.

I wonder if there had been work going on on the roof. I do see scaffolding on the building. There was another old building set on fire by workmen doing leadwork on the roof. I can't remember the building at the moment.

Link to France24 coverage (in English).

www.france24.com...

The same thing happened at a historic School building in Dundee, one of the workmen left a blowtorch lit in the attic when he clocked off. I doubt you're thinking of tbat.

Shame on everybody who immediately blames Islamic fundies pr Muslim fundiea, if you read at the start it says it's cause was most likely due to an accident relating to renovation work, the idea they're withholding anything is idiotic.

Such a sad day, I'm borderline atheist and still find this tragic, the building itself is a work of art!

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: ressiv
seems the vatican had no money left for an proper sprinkler installation… to prevent cases like this...
shame…!

The Vatican is not responsible, it's the parishes' responsibility to take care of the churches and other religious sites.

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: RetsuUnohana

Yes, and no. I could see this being Muslim in a way, but at the same time, they're equally likely to make those Cathedrals into mosques as a sign of conquest too.

If this was done on purpose, it's more likely that the stated radical secularists are the ones who did it like all the rest.

Muslims would be perfectly happy to let their eventual opponents fight it out. They're winning through demography.

It would not surprise me if it does come down, (hopefully not) and they apply to replace with a mosque. Similar to how they tried doing that around the 9/11 grounds. A friend there is saying they might try to blame the yellow vest for it.

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 03:25 PM
link   
This photo gives an idea of why it might have been difficult to get fire engines close to it quickly. Fire boats were used on the fire also, apparently.

(post by Sublimecraft removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

I only know of one anti-christian group that defaces, vandalize and burns churches and it's not feminists or progressives. I am not saying it's radical Muslims, but it's probably radical Muslims.

Many churches have burned in America, most of the cases I've seen weren't radical Muslims.

I'm not saying that Radical Muslims don't do evil things, but some evil things aren't done by them.

That said, this might not have even been an act of evil, but rather an accident.

I have been watching France and Europe in general. A wide majority of burning churches, rioting, rapes, assaults and violence in general is on the upswing, by radical Muslim groups. You can play games looking at other countries, but notre dame is in France, and France has a s**t load of middle east and north African religious, but more ideological problems.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: kloejen
Shouldnt the Nostra Dame collapse into its own footprint by now ?

too soon ?

Did an airplane crash into it?

Too reality-based?

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: RetsuUnohana

originally posted by: zazzafrazz

Why has this got to do with a burning structure?

Maybe start a thread instead on why some Arabs are in France, and why were the French in the Arab world as colonists for centuries?
I'll join your there

It has to do with the issue France is having with population replacement. Some guy took his tweet down that the fire was done on purpose. Also multiple fires since 2018-2019 targeting churches. 2nd largest one was done on February.

same in germany with 6% percent muslims. a slow replacement but panic is growing. by the way the churches were attacked either by fanatics, feminist or islamist. lately in strasbourg around 80 graves have been daubed with swastikas at a Jewish cemetery. happens everywhere in europe regulary.

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 03:33 PM
link   
double posting
edit on 15-4-2019 by oloufo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

So because the French have allowed "haters" into their country they deserve Notre Dam being set on fire accidentally by a contractor carrying out renovations? Makes perfect sense...

If haters bother you that much you might find these useful...

edit on 15/4/19 by djz3ro because: Add a video...

edit on Mon Apr 15 2019 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Apparently there is fire in one of the towers.

They interviewed a firefighter who said that fire bombers and helicopters are usually used on forest fires and are not stationed close to Paris itself. He also said that a water bomber had the potential of knocking the building down.

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Ach, The so-called Christian west bombed the # out of cities all over Europe in the 1940s, destroying many historic buildings that stood for centuries yet we never bat an eyelid these days. We'll get over this one as well.

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: RetsuUnohana

originally posted by: ketsuko

Yes, and no. I could see this being Muslim in a way, but at the same time, they're equally likely to make those Cathedrals into mosques as a sign of conquest too.

If this was done on purpose, it's more likely that the stated radical secularists are the ones who did it like all the rest.

Muslims would be perfectly happy to let their eventual opponents fight it out. They're winning through demography.

It would not surprise me if it does come down, (hopefully not) and they apply to replace with a mosque. Similar to how they tried doing that around the 9/11 grounds. A friend there is saying they might try to blame the yellow vest for it.

do you start screaming when you see a muslim?

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Fire fighters have told a France24 commentator that they still do not have the fire under control and might be fighting it all night.

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
a reply to: vinifalou

Shhhhh, whatever you do, don't bring up the muslim invasion disguised as Soro's caravans of courage, the surrender monkeys are living up to their name.

The French have no-one to blame for this historic destruction except themselves and their pathetic political posturing - you want to allow haters into your country - reap the consequences.

So because the French have allowed "haters" into their country they deserve Notre Dam being set on fire accidentally by a contractor carrying out renovations? Makes perfect sense...

No, because they let haters into their country, we are witnessing the inevitable - which they were warned about WAY before the invasion started. Warnings going back to the Crusades.

You logic is missing the human equation and the muslim desire to convert or die....

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Them Thar Flying Butresses are the Blame....

& maybe a little help from Pepe Francis fanning the flames of Discontent

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 03:46 PM
link   
oh shut up.....Obama: We mourn when history is lost — but we also rebuild.

I think people are too devastated right now to think about rebuilding #. that statement to me sounds a bit condescending and dickish, it's not the time. Anyone?

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join