It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Notre Dame on fire in Paris

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: kerrichin

No doubt about it... especially in Europe, attacks by muslim refugees on christians and others are frequently covered up and swept under the rug

In the UK they have even jailed folks for reporting on mass sex crimes committed by refugees who see women as their personal property

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 04:03 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Paris Fire Service reporting they should have the fire under control within a few hours, now believe building can be saved (BBC)

Such a sad episode, but there may be some light at the end of the tunnel.

edit on 15/4/2019 by MerkabaTribeEntity because: Spelling/clarity

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: vinifalou

This was no accident WAY to much fuel whats the place built with dry match sticks ? To think it survived before electricity being lit by fire .............

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Most of the kings of France were coronated within that cathedral.
The history alone that those walls held. Its a very sad day for the country of France.
I have been binge watching Versailles on Netflix and feel close to her people. I read the history when ever I watch an historical production. Each of the characters and their roles in history.
France and America have a long history together.

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: chris_stibrany
oh shut up.....Obama: We mourn when history is lost — but we also rebuild.

I think people are too devastated right now to think about rebuilding #. that statement to me sounds a bit condescending and dickish, it's not the time. Anyone?

No. I really believe you're only taking offence because it was Obama. Would you protest the same if Trunp had said that instead of suggesting to waterbomb the place? I think he's right on the money, not because he's Obama, I don't really have an opinion on him one way or the other, but because rebuilding is it actually is what we do. It's not time? Well nobody was hurt, we now know a lot of valuable artworks were already relocated for the renovation, so only the building suffered, so naturally the question of rebuilding is next.

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Yes because so many other religions have been so instrumental in destroying sacred sites around the world in the modern era.

link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

link   

originally posted by: Gargoyle91

This was no accident WAY to much fuel whats the place built with dry match sticks ? To think it survived before electricity being lit by fire .............

Very big, very heavy, and very dry matchsticks.

Like, tons of them.

link   
Latest from France24. The essential structure of the building has been saved. It is still burning but the fire is being brought under control. A lot of the water being shot at the building is to cool it down.

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

They can build another church its true. They are not replacing Notre' Dame. Our Lady of Paris is no more.

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheJesuit
FROM Google :

exclamation
exclamation: Allahu Akbar

a phrase meaning ‘God is most great’, used by Muslims in prayers and as a general declaration of faith or thanksgiving.

a reply to: Nyiah

No s#, Sherlock. I might believe your slant if it wasn't for the clearly upset tones of voice and the use of a multi-purpose phrase as widely varied as "god bless you" is (that can mean anything from a positive intent to a condescending snark) Put those two together in that situation's context, you have a variant of "Oh my god, oh my god!"
edit on 4/15/2019 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Its tax day...

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

originally posted by: djz3ro

originally posted by: djz3ro

Shhhhh, whatever you do, don't bring up the muslim invasion disguised as Soro's caravans of courage, the surrender monkeys are living up to their name.

The French have no-one to blame for this historic destruction except themselves and their pathetic political posturing - you want to allow haters into your country - reap the consequences.

So because the French have allowed "haters" into their country they deserve Notre Dam being set on fire accidentally by a contractor carrying out renovations? Makes perfect sense...

No, because they let haters into their country, we are witnessing the inevitable - which they were warned about WAY before the invasion started. Warnings going back to the Crusades.

You logic is missing the human equation and the muslim desire to convert or die....

My logic isn't in question here, I'm waiting to see what the news is on the source of the blaze, there is no logical reason at this point to believe this was vandalism, terrorism or an attack on Christianity...

whilst you're waiting to see, you might want to follow and monitor this incident being ignored by CNN & the tards.....

twitter.com...

a tweet is basically here-say, any factual links to anyone reporting this?

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
a reply to: kerrichin

No doubt about it... especially in Europe, attacks by muslim refugees on christians and others are frequently covered up and swept under the rug

In the UK they have even jailed folks for reporting on mass sex crimes committed by refugees who see women as their personal property

Yeah plus the timi seems to good, Easter week. I'm not even religious but it's pretty convenient. With all the fires lately and people being cut off if they mention it. Seems a pretty extreme and fast growing fire for an accident

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaTribeEntity

You would think that they knew this and had put in safety measures at least .

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: RetsuUnohana

solution? fix? What needs fixing?

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Gargoyle91

That is kinda what it is made of [matchsticks].

Finished in 1260, the wooden planks making up floors and support beams had hundreds of years to dry out.

They had a water tower up above just in case something happened up towards the spire (they knew that you cannot run a hose up to there... not even with modern equipment).

The renovations were to the limestone casing because pollution was eating away at the casings. Heat, dry wood, the whole thing shaped like a stone stove... sometimes it is just an accident.

Or, I at least, hope that this was not deliberate.

link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

indeed.

link   

www.facebook.com...

Super interesting video:

This Is Why the U.S. Is Fixing France's Notre Dame Cathedral

new topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>