It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Angry white man' class offered at KU this fall

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

originally posted by: lakenheath24
a reply to: InTheLight

Pretty sure he had a big part in naming the course. And how do you know he is not claiming such? Do you know who wrote the syllubus for the course?

From my experience, all professors write their own syllubus. But now that you mention it, considering the 600% rise in all white nationalist anger as per Twitter posts, with women quickly rising to half of that, he should also create a new course to delve into why women are joining the hate ranks too.

A 600% rise in white nationalism. So 100 to 150 more white nationalists?

Let me know when those white nationalists reach numbers like antifa, BLM, NBPP, Chicago thugs, and NAACP and start protesting people and creating unprovoked violence against them. There's a problem in this country but it's not coming those you're trying to point out and blame.

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Exactly, which is why I am saying he wrote a course that generalizes the entire white male population.

Anyway, I would have to sit in on the course, but I would bet it will be a one-sided affair of how whites are just scared of losing power...which could be...and probably is true.

I can imagine that there would not be any real angry white dudes in the audience that would be allowed to refute the course content. And that is the problem....not being able to have a quality discussion.

The angry whites already lost power, that's what made them so angry. They lost power when we beat them in 2016 with the party that doesn't play identity politics.

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I'm a very, very angry white male.
You know why?
My hemp papers got so wet.

Calm down, I found more.

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 12:33 PM
link   
As a pagan, for the second time I look at my peaceful Goddess.

The first time it was Christian fundamentalists.

They took off the head and arms of my Goddess.
Why?

Then it was ISIS and Islamic fundamentalists - they did it again!

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: halfoldman

Jeezus man. Get a grip on your angry self? I was angry once. I got a whoopin for sassing momma....then i went in thd garage and punched a hole in the wall....which got me an ole man whoopin. Im better now though.

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 12:56 PM
link   

a reply to: halfoldman

Jeezus man. Get a grip on your angry self? I was angry once. I got a whoopin for sassing momma....then i went in thd garage and punched a hole in the wall....which got me an ole man whoopin. Im better now though.

Did you also get a lesson in how to plaster a wall properly?

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Semantics. Not "Angry white Males that have joined a hate group". Just "The Angry White Male".

It's stereotyping ALL white males IMHO.

No it is not, 'angry' white males are only a small and growing segment of "all" white males, big difference.

Small and growing, yet it's been growing for almost 70 years? Hmm. Too bad I can't be there to challenge the professor. I'd like to know how organizations like the KKK went from having prominent top politicians involved to having and being nothing prior to 2016 when democrats put them back into the spotlight.

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

Semantics. Not "Angry white Males that have joined a hate group". Just "The Angry White Male".

No it is not, 'angry' white males are only a small and growing segment of "all" white males, big difference.

Small and growing, yet it's been growing for almost 70 years? Hmm. Too bad I can't be there to challenge the professor. I'd like to know how organizations like the KKK went from having prominent top politicians involved to having and being nothing prior to 2016 when democrats put them back into the spotlight.

The rise of anger is so much more than what we think it is:

en.wikipedia.org...

And it gets more interesting:

In 2009, the homeland security intelligence analyst Daryl Johnson wrote a report arguing that rightwing extremist movements were on the rise. The report became an unexpected political football: Republicans were enraged at what they saw as politically motivated alarmism conflating nonviolent conservative and libertarian groups with terrorists. What most angered conservative critics of the report, however, was Johnson’s prediction that returning veterans from Iraq and Afghanistan would be prime targets for recruitment to the far right. Has any of your research touched on that issue?

One of the most prescient observers of violence I’ve ever read, James Gilligan, wrote a book called Violence. He argued that shame and humiliation underlie basically all violence: “Because I feel small, I will make you feel smaller.” In my interviews with extremists, both “actives” and “formers”, I have found time and time again that they have experienced that sense of humiliation and shame.

I call this “aggrieved entitlement”. If you feel entitled and you have not gotten what you expected, that is a recipe for humiliation.

www.theguardian.com...
edit on 14CDT01America/Chicago01510130 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 01:12 PM
link   

a reply to: LSU2018

That was toungue in cheek. I wanna go in a demand why that sob thinks i am freakin angry!!!!!!

Oh I know it was. I was speaking in general, it just happened to be in response to your post lol.

This whole thread is swimming in generalizations.

And it's based on one "professor's" psychological projections.

The professor is not the one claiming that all white men are angry white men.

I know, he's projecting his emotions on other white men to tell us why we're (they're) angry.

No, he is showing historical evidence and modern evidence as to why some white men are angry, anyway that is my take on it and let's wait to see if Lake can get a copy of the course outline so we can get a better handle on it's content.

Why would anyone care why some white men are angry? Can anyone out there offer a course on why black men are angry? I've never seen men as angry as people like Al Sharpton, Al Green, etc. How about Hispanic men? Lesbians? Feminists?

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 01:24 PM
link   

The rise of anger is so much more than what we think it is:

en.wikipedia.org...

And it gets more interesting:

In 2009, the homeland security intelligence analyst Daryl Johnson wrote a report arguing that rightwing extremist movements were on the rise. The report became an unexpected political football: Republicans were enraged at what they saw as politically motivated alarmism conflating nonviolent conservative and libertarian groups with terrorists. What most angered conservative critics of the report, however, was Johnson’s prediction that returning veterans from Iraq and Afghanistan would be prime targets for recruitment to the far right. Has any of your research touched on that issue?

One of the most prescient observers of violence I’ve ever read, James Gilligan, wrote a book called Violence. He argued that shame and humiliation underlie basically all violence: “Because I feel small, I will make you feel smaller.” In my interviews with extremists, both “actives” and “formers”, I have found time and time again that they have experienced that sense of humiliation and shame.

I call this “aggrieved entitlement”. If you feel entitled and you have not gotten what you expected, that is a recipe for humiliation.

www.theguardian.com...

As figured... Published the year after the first black president won, then re-published the year after the next Republican won. Written from a liberal perspective nonetheless. Then of course proponents come out to tell us the only people who won't like the book that was written from a liberal's perspective to demean the white race, are the people he's referring to in his book, the angry white men. In other words, any white male proud of his race who defends his race will be an angry white male.

*sigh*

Why do we even try anymore. We're 70%+ of this country so God help em all when whites decide they've been pushed around long enough.

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 01:29 PM
link   

One look at violent crime statistics and you can see the most "angry" segment of the population is being overlooked.

Almost like liberals expect this segment of the population to act this way. Or is that just code-switching?

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Actually, it was still there when they sold the house years later. Left as a reminder to not get angry no doubt!!!

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Actually, it was still there when they sold the house years later. Left as a reminder to not get angry no doubt!!!

Well, someone made a big hole in our garage wall, way at the bottom, 'boot' kick or riding bike into wall, perhaps? anyway I just didn't have time to patch it, so one potential buyer asked if we had rats come into the house because of the hole...I patched it right away.

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 01:37 PM
link   

You are missing the point, yes there is anger in many segments of society, but why? Isn't anyone interested in the why? This includes angry white males as another part of an angry society, which should be looked at, because we are being told that the anger and violence is escalating here. Sigh.

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: SKEPTEK

One look at violent crime statistics and you can see the most "angry" segment of the population is being overlooked.

Almost like liberals expect this segment of the population to act this way. Or is that just code-switching?

Los Angeles, Chicago, New York, New Orleans, Atlanta, Houston, Dallas, etc etc... I challenge the professor to go there and write a story about the angry white men. He can publish his findings if he makes it out alive.

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Los Angeles, Chicago, New York, New Orleans, Atlanta, Houston, Dallas, etc etc... I challenge the professor to go there and write a story about the angry white men. He can publish his findings if he makes it out alive.

Why don't you email the prof. and challenge him for real? Words blowing in the wind, otherwise.

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 01:40 PM
link   
The tears from some of you obviously angry white men are sustaining me. Keep it coming. This is great.

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 01:41 PM
link   

You are missing the point, yes there is anger in many segments of society, but why? Isn't anyone interested in the why? This includes angry white males as another part of an angry society, which should be looked at, because we are being told that the anger and violence is escalating here. Sigh.

All races are angry. It's human nature. Why single out white people? I haven't seen an escalation in anger and violence. Have you? I've seen it in the inner cities, but those are blacks. So who are you listening to? Better pay attention.

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Why don't you email the prof. and challenge him for real? Words blowing in the wind, otherwise.

Because I'll get the same tired, worn out liberal response that I see in this thread.

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Because I'll get the same tired, worn out liberal response that I see in this thread.

Assume much?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join