It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Angry white man' class offered at KU this fall

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I'm proud to be white, yall...
and that's alright, yall..

and if you try to take what's mine then

here take it, I'm sorry. I know I know, I stole everything.. It's this white skin, it's an affliction.
We good now huh, yeah das right wassup!!

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight
a reply to: LSU2018

You are missing the point, yes there is anger in many segments of society, but why? Isn't anyone interested in the why? This includes angry white males as another part of an angry society, which should be looked at, because we are being told that the anger and violence is escalating here. Sigh.

I don't know. Why do you get angry? Why do I get angry? Why does anyone get angry?

Don't you want to know what makes you mad, and don't you especially love it when someone else tells you what it is that made you mad and why?
edit on 8-4-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: gallop

OK ya'll...here is a copy of the e-mail I sent the KU Professor. Please note the ass-kissing tone as they like to be buttered up. I assumed he was a lefty.

Professor,
As you may or may not be aware, your course on Angry White Male Studies has made quite the stir on the social media and mainstream media rounds and in particular, right-wing news outlets. I have been researching the same subject myself, but UMUC does not offer such a course so I have been left to my own devices to try and extract the true meaning from the anger you mention.

Having said that, I am extremely interested in your syllabus and course content and was wondering if you would be willing to share your material off-line so that myself and other like-minded people may study and discuss this important topic. Of course, this would be for no academic credit, but a course like this needs to be discussed in order to find and formulate an intelligent response and to help us negate, if possible, the negative aspects of dealing with this important social issue.

Of great interest to me is your background as a historian. I think that this qualification will provide a unique and unbiased perspective on the true root causes of the problems this country is facing now. In addition, the "rights-based movement" aspect is also intriguing as this could further move the studies back to the Suffragette movement.

I appreciate your time in this matter and look forward to hearing your response.

v/r
Lakenheath 24
Above Top Secret Addict
University Maryland University College

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 03:11 PM
link   
So I did some reading, following up on "in the light"'s posts. Particularly that more women are joining hate groups, at half the rate of men.

I googled "women who hate" and got a bunch of information about mysogyny.

So I googled women in hate groups.

I found several different articles, focusing on the idea that women have been at the very core of both the historical kKK as well as the current "alt-right" phenomenon. A professor Blee from CA has written 2 books (one from the 1920s, the other current), arguing that women are the glue that holds practically every hate group together---that white women didn't go the the lynchings, nor to rallies nowadays; but they are the organizational power, and hide their gender identities in print and on the web. That actually several groups recruit white women specifically because they are not likely to have police and FBI records. The women do the "behind the scenes" hate-work, from filing lawsuits to stalking, etc.

I wonder if the professor at the root of this thread will address these concepts in hir class...

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Do we get to sing at least?

edit on 8-4-2019 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Maybe Angry Nationalist Men is more accurate, and God Help us if they quit being Angry ! Men that Love, Protect and Defend their Land and Families are Hero's !

I'll be keeping an eye on this thread to see if this professor responds to lakenheath24's e-mail, which was very well written.

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 09:44 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

You are missing the point, yes there is anger in many segments of society, but why? Isn't anyone interested in the why? This includes angry white males as another part of an angry society, which should be looked at, because we are being told that the anger and violence is escalating here. Sigh.

I don't know. Why do you get angry? Why do I get angry? Why does anyone get angry?

Don't you want to know what makes you mad, and don't you especially love it when someone else tells you what it is that made you mad and why?

I do get angry, but I don't hate then I devise ways to work around it. What is that all about, not giving into hate and violence? Tell me because I don't seem to have the DNA to hate viciously, violently and all that crap.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: abe froman
I’ve been to Lawrence. It’s a liberal hippie college town. KU is known for its exceptional art department. All the local artists buy each other’s artwork. About an hours drive from Kansas City on the turnpike.

edit on 9-4-2019 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Yes I’d like to see his response to the pussy hat movement and purple hair brigade.
That supposed to be a reply to InTheLight.
edit on 9-4-2019 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 12:19 PM
link   
No anger is the variable that explains how equalitybof opportunity could possibly create inequality of outcome. it is the struggle or failure of a racial or socioeconomic group of people to perform as high as whoever sits at the top currently, in academic now for example, Indian and oriental Asians. They have a free pass though so you go to number 2 which is white people. And you have your culprit as he is secretly meeting and conducting nationwide programs of oppression which he cleverly blames on innocent things like a turf culture, glorification of violebce, the obsession with being disrespected and inability to let it go or forgive, the tendency to flock to gangs in lieu of sports teams, the arts, or community service, do out area, or broken homes

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I received a response from the Professor. See peeps, honey catches more flies than vinegar. Anyhoo, I shall make a new thread come the fall. Should be an interesting topic, and one that will involve a historical perspective as well.

Dear Phill,

Thanks very much for your kind message, which is a nice change from the hate mail I’ve been receiving since last Wednesday. The syllabus is a work in progress, but I’d be happy to share it closer to the Fall semester. Please email to remind me, though, for it might slip my mind. In the short term, here are three historical/sociological titles (including one of my own) that might be of interest:

smile.amazon.com...=sr_1_2?keywords=angry+white+men&qid=1554480363&s=gateway&sr=8-2

www.amazon.com...=dp_ob_image_b

smile.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?keywords=forth+masculinity&qid=1554480444&s=gateway&sr=8 -1-spell

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I see on the syllabus that one of the requisites for taking the course is voluntary castration.

edit on 9-4-2019 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 02:46 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha
How did you see the syllabus...it aint done yet?

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 04:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
a reply to: InTheLight

The entire article failed to even try and find a root cause beyond one sentence that mentioned under-employment. It also compares white nationalists to ISIS, but those same nationalists did not start a caliphate.

It could be fear of losing ones identity? But when one demonizes all white men, what do you expect? Even now, young boys are being emasculated in schools...being shamed for being boys.

Then we have all these women complaining about what happened to all the good men?

I'm a white man and I was never demonized at school, nor was any other guy I went to class with, or know from school, and that goes from the very first day of Kindergarden, all the way to college and beyond that. There's no conspiracy to take down the white man, that's victimhood mentality. How are boys being shamed for being boys?

Then we have all these women complaining about what happened to all the good men?

That's because there's a lot more college graduates who are women, than there are college graduates who are men. This is a cultural phenomenon that is taking place everywhere around the world, not just in the ''white Countries''.

I went to a humanities college, with another guy and I being the only guys in a (first year; it increased later)classroom of 90 women and 2 guys. Kinda hard for women to find a boyfriend when there are almost no guys on their level, there's millions of men who are too lazy to get a good job or any job at all these days, and there's lots and lots of guys who just want to play the field?

There's also plenty of men who are unattractive(overweight, obese, abnormaly short etc) who are fixated on wanting only women who are young, fit, and pretty, leaving many women who are in these dude's league without a boyfriend because of how obsessed they are with attractive women.

Also, don't forget about what women are facing these days, from being catcalled and sexually harassed everyday, to new socio-political movements in the shape of red pillers(unattractive young men who feel entitled to casual sex with young, attractive women) and Pick-up artists(douchebags who go from nightclub to nightclub using gimmicks to bring drunk women home with them), and in the other half of the world(India, the far-east, the near-east, the middle east, and Africa) women are sold by their fathers to men who either have money or have social connections.

So, yes. Women have it bad. All women in this world with the exception of the rich and famous are living crappy lives compared to the 'average' man. I'm not going to have kids, because I believe only the most physically attractive men(Chris Evans, Chris Pine, Brad Pitt etc) have the right to have children - but ifI had a daughter I would feel terribly worried for her.

I remember meeting and getting myself involved with a beautiful young Indian woman and in another time, with a gorgeous Saudi Arabia young woman, all very hush-hush because if her family were to find out they would've been beheaded, and of course marriage with these women was not possible because the male entitlement their fathers, brothers and grandfathers feel, believing themselves to own women(much like it was in the western nations up until 1970).

edit on 10-4-2019 by Ligyron because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

hahaha maybe my dad will get a honorary degree from Kansas University

he is angry and white !

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 06:57 AM
link   
I'd take a pissed off White dude over an SJW wack job .....
ANY # DAY OF THE WEEK.

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I do get angry, but I don't hate then I devise ways to work around it. What is that all about, not giving into hate and violence? Tell me because I don't seem to have the DNA to hate viciously, violently and all that crap.

That's a loaded statement there packed with several assumptions, just like this class.

1. You assume I am an angry white male.

2. You assume that being an angry white male automatically means an expression of hatred.

3. You assume that an expression of hatred for an angry white male will manifest as vicious violence.

4. You assume all of this is genetic which means white males cannot avoid it.

Wow! Absolutely no bias, prejudice or bigotry displayed there at all. I think it says more about you than anyone else.

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Same with mine! Funny thing is that he has zero reason to be angry.

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Ligyron

I'll tell you one way boys are shamed for being boys.

Take the differences in behavior between boys with undiagnosed learning disabilities as opposed to girls with them. Girls will tend to super behave in order to hide and make themselves as invisible as possible in the classroom, so no one notices anything is wrong. Boys will go the 180% opposite direction. They'll tend to act out in order to avoid what they can't do and avoid embarrassing themselves.

As a consequence, boys will often be labeled as troublemakers or ADHD when they aren't and the learning disability can be missed entirely.

My nephew has a profound case of dyslexia, and he spent all of gradeschool labeled as ADHD for this reason. My own son had a kindergarten teacher who took him apart because he followed this same pattern and would not hear from us that we thought he had a learning issue. She wanted either ADHD or autism for him and meds or him out of her hair entirely.

This is one way how boys are often served poorly because they are boys and behave differently than girls.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join